2 years RP diet - Need your opinion - High SHBG, Low HDL, High LDL

PopSocket

After almost 2 years on RP inspired diet I decided to check what is going on. I always had high SHBG and even though I switched to carbs (was on very high saturated fat diet / carnivore/keto for ~12 years and thought this is the reason) it is still 50% above upper range and barely went down/used to be 75%+ above range). The labs did not have Free testosterone but in the past due to the high SHBG it is either below reference or on the edge to be low even though my total T is OK. I am pretty sure the situation is unchanged and Free T is still lowish. Am I supposed to do something about the high SHBG ? If it is not caused by a high fat low carb diet, what could the reason be ? I am having hard time understanding SHBG. Would appreciate your input.

35yo male. Feel OK with the exception of lowish energy sometimes.

Any input to help me interpret those results is appreciated !

results2.6.23.jpg

Last edited:

Peatful

-What are your temperatures at waking and then 20 minutes after breakfast in a relaxed state?

-What is your diet? What are you eating?

-What is your supplements stack?

Spoiler:
This is usually from under-eating and or too little sugar.
Which correlates with your sx of low energy, anxiety and high cholesterol (pointing towards a stressed metabolism by not meeting your needs).

Actually
Just found a short thread
Guy resolved his in a month

Lines up with where i was headed

OP
PopSocket

PopSocket

-What are your temperatures at waking and then 20 minutes after breakfast in a relaxed state?

-What is your diet? What are you eating?

-What is your supplements stack?
Thanks for responding !

I am very hot like a furnace especially when I up the protein intake and eat a lot of meat. So I have never bothered to take my temps. My pulse is ~58 when I relax.

Mainly fruit, sweet OJ, diary/ raw Goat milk + sugar/,beef, eggs, chocolate and recently added starch with very well boiled potatoes with 125gr butter and salt before sleep. I think I got quite enough calories from both carbs and fat. I would say typically around 3,800-4,500 calories. Whenever I feel a bit spacey/anxious I drink something sweet. Either Cola if outside or milk + sugar at home. Used to restrict the fat after a few months on RP but now I am very liberal with it and don't care about mixing carbs and fat.

I take Vit E (Tocovit), vit k2, Energin and magnesium bicarbonate water. I take minimal doses not to push my body in a certain direction too much except the magnesium. Oh and collagen 20-30gr per day or so.

Peatful

Taking your temps will help like no other diagnostic.

Do for several days in a row

At waking
Then in a restful state 20-30 post breakfast

12 years of carnivore / keto is a long time
Metabolic damage was most likely done
All reversible

Your kcal looks good
And you are in tune and aware that drinking Coke is therapeutic for you

Keep it up
Healing takes time, consistency, paying attention and experimentation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals