The Big Allergy, Food Intolerances And Histamines Thread

Parsifal

Hey people,

Lots of talks on this forum about allergies and histamines but nothing really exhaustive and centralized, that's why I decided to write this.

So if I understood well, according to RP everything that irritates the drug will stimulate mast cells to produce serotonin, NO and histamines. They shut down metabolism (don't know what the exact mechanism is) so lower thyroid and put your organism in a vicious cycle of stress. They are vasoconstrictor or flushing as well and may be involved in excess mucus production, coughing, sneezing, itching and things like that.
Estrogen is a shock hormone as well. This is related to endotoxins so fibers and starches seems involved. Every kind of stress seems involved in fact.

The amino acid histidine seems to be a precursor of histamine.

Histamine in Foods

There are many foods that contain histamine or cause the body to release histamine when ingested. These types of reactions are food intolerances, and are different from food allergy in that the immune system is not involved in the reaction. The symptoms, however, can be the same as a food allergy.

Foods that contain the chemical tyramine can trigger headaches. Foods that may have large amounts of tyramine include: fish, chocolate, alcoholic beverages, cheese, soy sauce, sauerkraut and processed meat.

Fermented foods may cause allergy symptoms because they are either rich in histamine or because yeast or mold is involved in the fermentation process.

Histamine-Rich Foods (including fermented foods):

Alcoholic beverages, especially beer and wine.
Anchovies
Avocados
Cheeses, especially aged or fermented cheese, such as parmesan, blue and Roquefort.
Cider and home-made root beer.
Dried fruits such as apricots, dates, prunes, figs and raisins (you may be able to eat these fruits - without reaction - if the fruit is thoroughly washed).
Eggplant
Fermented foods, such as pickled or smoked meats, sauerkraut, etc.
Mackerel
Mushrooms
Processed meats - sausage, hot dogs, salami, etc.
Sardines
Smoked fish - herring, sardines, etc.
Sour cream, sour milk, buttermilk, yogurt - especially if not fresh.
Soured breads, such as pumpernickel, coffee cakes and other foods made with large amounts of yeast.
Spinach, tomatoes
Vinegar or vinegar-containing foods, such as mayonnaise, salad dressing, ketchup, chili sauce, pickles, pickled beets, relishes, olives.
Yogurt

Histamine-Releasing Foods:

Alcohol
Bananas
Chocolate
Eggs
Fish
Milk
Papayas
Pineapple
Shellfish
Strawberries
Tomatoes

Histamine or Scombroid Poisoning;

At times the ingestion of high concentrations of histamine may lead to histamine or scombroid poisoning. Scombroid poisoning most often occurs with the spoilage of certain fish such as: tuna, mackerel, bluefish, mahi-mahi and herring.
It seems that the more a food is old, the more it will get histamines.

You may want to read this good threat that says which drugs act on high histamines: https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... =10&t=8583

RP said that sugar is antihistamines.

Acarids in beds may contribute to high histamines so bed hygiene may be important for people with chronic allergies.

I wonder why do some people react violentely than others to some allergens, get anaphylaxis shock. Hard to understand while RP says that cells don't have receptors and things like that so biochemistry seems a riddle impossible to solve and seems impossible to understand the whole picture in this respect.

Luann

Histamine reactions are varied and personal I think. Mine range from headaches and facial pain to nausea, sweating and overheating, and prickly skin. Sometimes I can tolerate almost anything, but some days, a feather knocks me down. It's an important / elusive subject.

stargazer1111

Food allergies/intolerances go much deeper than many people think. Something as simple as fatigue can be an indicator that you're allergic to a food and the reaction can be delayed, making it very difficult to pinpoint what caused the reaction.

My many mental issues going back to when I was 4 or 5 I have discovered are due to severe food intolerances. I had to cut out orange juice because I react to it. I replaced it with with soda. Right now, I can only tolerate meat, milk, and soda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals