Is Taurine A Better Dopamine Booster Or Test Booster?

Libra guy

Of the two which effect have you noticed the most of share your experience I'm going to order a bottle and give it a try :D

Frankdee20

Of the two which effect have you noticed the most of share your experience I'm going to order a bottle and give it a try :D

Lol. How can one say it boosted Test without a blood panel before and after. I know one can attribute certain feelings to what Testosterone or Dopamine should be. Even then, those two overlap. I like Taurine, for me, it essentially is a downer. It needs to be taken with food, or lots of sugar. It then provides good attention and focus and calm throughout the day. Who really knows though.

Luckytype

Lol. How can one say it boosted Test without a blood panel before and after.
Louder for the people in the back.

Not to mention a lot of perceived T related stuff that is subjective can be related to lowered T, raised E.

Luckytype

Could it lower T?

I have read some stuff related to prolactin and taurine, though trying my hardest I cant seem to find it for you at the moment. Basically it was it brought up several things together which makes sense considering its effects on metabolism otherwise

I would say probably not too much on T levels, but keeping prolactin under control can help with hpta and overall gonadal function.

I wouldnt be otherwise concerned with it lowering T, considering the prometabolic effects. Be sure to keep balance and calories good in the event it boosts you

ddjd

i dont think taurine does raise Dopamine. It raises GABA.

Frankdee20

i dont think taurine does raise Dopamine. It raises GABA.

This is pure speculation, but oftentimes, GABA enhancement raises DA projections indirectly, perhaps via attenuating Serotonergic or Glutamate pathways. Let's just say the receptor theory is true, so many of them are linked to opposing or complimentary nuerotransmitters. So activation or blockade of the dozens of common receptors can really tweak other systems.

BigChad

I have read some stuff related to prolactin and taurine, though trying my hardest I cant seem to find it for you at the moment. Basically it was it brought up several things together which makes sense considering its effects on metabolism otherwise

I would say probably not too much on T levels, but keeping prolactin under control can help with hpta and overall gonadal function.

I wouldnt be otherwise concerned with it lowering T, considering the prometabolic effects. Be sure to keep balance and calories good in the event it boosts you

why would taurine cause constipation, joint pains, leg/shin pains, massive indigestion, stomach bloating, appetite loss

Markus

why would taurine cause constipation, joint pains, leg/shin pains, massive indigestion, stomach bloating, appetite loss

It could be related to an overgrowth of sulphur-degrading bacteria in the gut/intestine.

BigChad

It could be related to an overgrowth of sulphur-degrading bacteria in the gut/intestine.

that seems like it, do you know what would cause sulphur degrading bacteria to form in the gut in the first place. And how to best get rid of the sulphur degrading bacteria, would something like garlic oil, apple cider vinegar, and olive leaf extract pills wipe those bacteria out since those are antibacterials/antibiotics?

BigChad

A diet high in animal foods and low in plant foods can be a contributing factor.

As for treatment, I wouldn't use garlic as it is high in sulphur. For more information I can recommend listening to Greg Nigh talking about H2S-SIBO: SIBO and Hydrogen Sulfide with Dr Greg Nigh | The SIBO Doctor.

I can't listen to that. Would apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract, coq10, vitamin k2, multivitamins, etc help get rid of those sulphur loving bacteria. Perhaps whey protein powder? or is adding in more plant foods the only solution.

Markus

I can't listen to that. Would apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract, coq10, vitamin k2, multivitamins, etc help get rid of those sulphur loving bacteria. Perhaps whey protein powder? or is adding in more plant foods the only solution.

Whey protein is not a good idea because it is high in cysteine and methionine, both of which are sulphur containing amino acids.

Again, I advice you to listen to the podcast before you ask specific questions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals