Zeta Potential In The Blood

Ras

Hi, I stumbled upon Dr. Ray Peat while preparing a lecture on the discoveries by Dr. Gilbert Ling and Prof. Gerald Pollack on the structured water. I have known Ling's discoveries for quite some times but had no idea what health consequences this had until listening to Peat's YouTube videos!

Now there is another very important health secret and it has also to do with water, but not in the cells, where it is structured, but in blood, where it is highly liquid! This has to do with the proper balance of electrolytes and their valence ratios. Thomas M. Riddick wrote about this in his book 'Control of Colloid Stability through Zeta Potential - With a closing chapter on its relationship to cardiovascular disease' and can be found here:

Thomas M. Riddick's Book

His findings on cardiovascular health were applied by Dr. T.C. McDaniel, who celebrated his 100th birthday this May (2014). Dr. McDaniel also wrote a book with the title 'Disease Reprieve', in which he wrote about his experience as a student of medicine and his own trouble with heart arrhythmia, which he was able to get rid of after reading about the Zeta Potential in Riddick's book. Dr. McDaniel sells a supplement 'Zeta Aid' which is an anionic surfactant that stabilizes the blood. He claims that this will get rid of heart disease.

T.C. McDaniel's Website

So it is interesting to note, that there are two completely different types of water in our bodies, the highly structured water in the cells, and the highly optimized liquid, the blood, a suspension stabilized by the Zeta Potential of the dissolved electrolytes.

Only to mention it briefly, aluminum chloride (AlCl[sub]3[/sub], valence ratio 3:1) will weaken the Zeta Potential, while potassium citrate (valence ratio 1:3) will strengthen the Zeta Potential.
That link to Riddick's book is not working for me. Do you have another source for the book? Google didn't help me much.

OP
S

StephanF

Forum Supporter
That link to Riddick's book is not working for me. Do you have another source for the book? Google didn't help me much.
I just clicked on the link in my post and it worked for me. Maybe the website was down for maintenance?

yerrag

Here are three articles on Zeta Potential that serves as more than just a good introduction:

This website has a lot of useful information explained very well. It discusses more topics that relate to zeta potential in a larger picture of health.

yerrag

Zeta potential is a measure of how well blood flows. When the value is low, it is said to be thick and full of sludge. When value is high, it is said to be thin. It is expressed as a negative value, as I understand it. So, a. high negative value shows high zeta potential, such as say
-10,000 compared to a low zeta of -1,000.

Generally, the higher the valence number of the cation in a salt, and the lower the valence number of the anion, the lower the effect is on the zeta potential.

This is why aluminum, having a valence number of 3, paired with sulfate, with a valence number of 1, is likely to lower zeta potential. And why the use of aluminum as an adjuvant in vaccination is not beneficial. The use of aluminum in cookware could also have the effect of lowering zeta potential.

Potassium citrate on the other hand, increases zeta potential. Potassium has a valence of 1, and citrate has a valence of 3.

Zeta potential is used widely in industry where flow is an important parameter to control. In processing materials where the process has to proceed with less impediments to continuity in flow, such as in mining. Or in making paints and Inks, where thixotropy, or resistance to flow, aka sleepiness to flow, as in needing to be woke up, is a key property in the rheology of fluids.

Vesi

How does potassium bicarbonate compare to potassium citrate in increasing zeta potential?

Diokine

@StephanF

Thank you for bringing this information forward. I have been studying it exhaustively over the past week or so and it is tying together many areas of prior research. I was particularly interested in the role of guanidine bases (ala WF Koch) as a strong cationic surfactant. Koch found guanidine bases in the urine of parathyroidectomized animals, along with blood clots and coagulation in many tissues.

Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease

OP
S

StephanF

Forum Supporter
The site may be down now, but you can view past snapshots of the website on archive.org using the wayback engine, here is the last save:

OP
S

StephanF

Forum Supporter
How does potassium bicarbonate compare to potassium citrate in increasing zeta potential?
Sorry, just saw that question. Sodium bicarbonate has only one sodium ion per carbonate, so it has a valence ratio of 1:1. But the stomach acid will convert it into salt and CO2. Sodium citrate has a valence ratio of 3:1 and stabilizes the colloidal system of the blood. Same with potassium citrate.

Attachments

• Zeta Potential New.jpg
    Zeta Potential New.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 42

Diokine

CHEMISTRY'S VICTORY OVER DISEASE 1941

The complex organic compounds that cause disease are either produced directly by bacteria or exist as hidden complexes in the protein of different species. We may say that all species are chemically poisonous to each other but in the case of pathogenic bacteria, the poisonous principles are free or easily set free within the body of another species; while in the so-called innocent species, be they bacteria or plants or animals eaten as food, the toxic elements are tightly bound and not set free by the digestive processes in the stomach and intestines, but are destroyed thereby. These toxic elements are held “deep” within the protein structure and can be set free by parental digestion, that is, by digestion of the type that goes on within the blood stream or in the tissue cells themselves. This type of digestion is the kind that breaks down the worn out tissue cells to make way for new cells. However, when one’s own tissues are digested in this way, no toxic effect of noticeable magnitude is experienced, but when large amounts of one’s tissues have to be digested and eliminated, such as after extensive injuries and burns, there may be sufficient toxic material introduced into the blood stream to produce severe sickness or death. One’s own tissues contain toxic elements, therefore. Dr. Koch isolated and identified some of them in 1912, 1913, and 1914, and published his findings in numbers of the “Journal of Biological Chemistry” and the “Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine,” published at that time.

Injured blood and tissues are first coagulated before being digested and so the speed of their chemical disintegration and absorption is safely reduced under ordinary circumstances. When a foreign protein from some other species enters the blood stream or is generated within the tissues by bacteria harbored there, this protein is “adsorbed” by the tissues of the host that have first contact and held that way as a part of the protein of the tissue. It may not cause any disturbance, especially if the tissues have had no experience with it or are able to destroy it. But if they have had former contact, or have further contact in ten days to a few weeks later, they learn to digest the foreign protein and tear it down and in so doing set free its toxic elements at a dangerous rate.

There is a colloidal phase to this affair, which does not involve the breaking down of the foreign protein, but involves a coagulation, or pseudo-coagulation, or precipitation of the foreign protein, or of the host’s protein, or both. These proteins may be lysed or split up physically so they are not dispersed in a normal way and gel or flocculate and clog the circulation in a disease or death- producing way. Fundamentally it is a matter of removing the electric charges from the tissue or blood colloids and paralyzing the production of the energy that supports dispersion.

No matter in which way the disease-producing effect is accomplished, it would not do so if the toxic elements were destroyed. Here is where Dr. Koch’s work includes a major victory, for he identified both the toxic action and the colloidal injury, as the results of the free valency activities of certain unsaturated residues of the toxic molecule. They both are photochemic effects, namely fluorescence of a specific grade and oxidation quenching or negative oxidation catalysis.

yerrag

There is a colloidal phase to this affair, which does not involve the breaking down of the foreign protein, but involves a coagulation, or pseudo-coagulation, or precipitation of the foreign protein, or of the host’s protein, or both. These proteins may be lysed or split up physically so they are not dispersed in a normal way and gel or flocculate and clog the circulation in a disease or death- producing way.

How do you interpret the ambiguous wording of the boldfaced sentence?

Does dispersal in a normal way cause the proteins to gel and flocculate and clog the circulation?

Or does dispersal in a way that is not normal cause the proteins to gel ...circulation?

Diokine

The normal state of affairs is dispersion - electrostatic forces maintaining the colloid stability of blood. A higher zeta potential indicates more dispersion and less tendency towards aggregation, gelling, and flocculation.

yerrag

The normal state of affairs is dispersion - electrostatic forces maintaining the colloid stability of blood. A higher zeta potential indicates more dispersion and less tendency towards aggregation, gelling, and flocculation.
Thank you!

I'm getting a better understanding of why we are energy beings reading this. The concepts here are not easy to understand but the effort is worth it, I'm convinced.

I can't explain it, but it seems to me these concepts lead me to understand why using emf frequencies can lead to healing also.

Grapelander

Relevant subject for surviving our current agendas.
I always have a gallon of water in glass container; I add minerals and cell salts, then spin with magnets.
I'll need to get some more EDTA and check that out.

Members of the EDTA family of chemicals in solution, greatly effect a solution's electrical environment. They do this by manifesting strong colloidal properties, which can be engineered. This profound electrical effect is called "Zeta Potential" and is expressed as a voltage determined through the measurement of a colloid's "Drift Velocity" in an electric field.

The physician's Desk Reference has only one listing for EDTA (Calcium EDTA*), even though there are more than 27 different types produced by the Chemical Industry, and several different types are used by the Medical Profession.

F. Munz first synthesized EDTA in an effort to create a substitute for Citric Acid in the mid 1930s.

The fully dissolved EDTA is then usually mixed with Ascorbic Acid to adjust the solution pH to the proper level for use as an IV additive.
A properly mixed and diluted solution of EDTA and Vitamin C can also be given orally.

Zeta Potential controls the ability of a liquid to carry material in suspension and plays a large part in the formation of chemical bonds.

An electrical charge of –30 to –80 millivolts creates a very stable liquid that will carry a high load of particles in suspension ( high ZP ). The closer the negative electrical charge is to –80 mv., the better the Zeta Potential. Milk and blood are two of natures stable solutions with high Zeta Potential.

Healthy blood contains 20–25 grams per liter of a natural colloid called "Albumin". Albumin is a very powerful "Anionic Surfactant" — it has a very high negative value Zeta Potential. Albumin's function is to "coat" the walls of blood vessels and arteries. It also "coats" the surfaces of blood cells. This "coat" provides a strong negative electrical field on these surfaces. Since like electrical charges repel each other, this electrical quality produces "slippery" tubes for blood to flow in and an anti–collision mechanism that keeps blood cells separated.

Good separation between cells is required for several reasons. For cells to do their work, which includes carrying chemical messengers and cations, the cell and all suspendoids need a "jacket" of water.

Very pure water doesn't conduct electricity, but as soon as any substance that ionizes in water is added, you have a conductor owing to the fact that the ionized atoms in the water solution carry the current.

When Hydrogen and Chlorine get together, they share the electron in a figure 8 orbital that allows them to achieve a symbiotic dynamic stability.
Hydrochloric acid ( H+Cl– ), is what our bodies produce to electrify our stomach fluids.
Adding a little HCl ( or vinegar ) to the pure water in your vase will activate the water's electrical potential giving the solution the power to unlock the atomic bonds that are holding the minerals to the side of your vase.

Blood is a colloidal solution of suspended negatively charged particles. All blood cells have a very slight negative charge which repel each other. This charge is called the Zeta potential. It is a measure of the electrical force that exist between atoms, molecules, particles (cells are considered particles) in a fluid.

Blood will coagulate if the zeta potential is too low.

Minerals MUST be taken with the water in order to be effective. Use table salt that has a mixture of 60% potassium chloride and 40% sodium chloride (Morton Lite) to better reflect the potassium/sodium balance found in foods.

To increase your zeta potential you must avoid aluminum. Aluminum is used in water treatment plants to cause materials to settle out of solution. It does this by reducing the zeta potential. In your body aluminum does the same thing, causing coagulation of your blood, and deposits and plaques in your arteries, brain and throughout your body. Aluminum is found in municipally treated water, cooking utensils, vaccinations, nonclumping salt and baking powder, antiperspirants, antacids, drugs (read the label carefully), and soft drinks and other canned goods where the plastic liner has cracked during sealing.

Ἀπόλλων

What would, if any, the effect of aspirin be on the zeta potential?

From Travis' comment on this thread post #11:

Quoting:
"Aspirin increases the ζ‐ potential of serum albumin, perhaps decreasing coagulation in that way.. ."

Last edited:

A-Tim

From Travis' comment on this thread post #11:

Quoting:
Ah I missed that. Thanks. I had a boys look, as my girlfriend would say.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals