The Pauling Therapy For Cardiovascular Disease

johnwester130

I recently posted a thread asking if people knew if Ray Peat had a view on the controversy (at least in some quarters) between those who think that L-ascorbic acid is vitamin C, and others who state that it isn't, and that there is supposedly a more "natural" form of vitamin C.

I don't want to discuss that issue here, but while looking for more evidence, I investigated the Vitamin C foundation further, including its forum and spin-off sites.

Now, I thought I knew a bit about Linus Pauling, but I hadn't really come across the "Pauling Therapy" for cardio vascular disease before. Of course he talks about heart health in his book "How to Live Longer and Feel Better", and of course he talks about the relevance of vitamin C, and also vitamin E. But so far as I can see, in that 1986 book, he doesn't talk about what came to be called the Pauling Therapy.

I think it must a have been developed a few years later ... I still haven't worked out the full chronology. He also collaborated with Dr Matthias Rath (himself a fairly controversial figure).

As one would expect, the Pauling Therapy involves high-dose L-ascorbic acid (or sodium ascorbate). The main new ingredient is L-Lysine. The reason is that it seems to have the ability to bind with Lp(a) particles, and prevent them from forming plaques. I think that Rath also thought that Proline did a similar job.

I think that the above therapy is proposed to prevent further laying down of plaques, but over time, it may also remove existing plaques. This may partly be because of an improved calcium metabolism.

Owen Fonorow, founder of The Vitamin C Foundation wrote a book "Practicing Medicine Without a License", after years of research, based mostly on Pauling's work. However, he has added some enhancements to the original therapy, which can be found in various places on the links which will follow.

He has collected a large number of testimonials from named individuals, apparently testifying to the success of this therapy. Of course these are not controlled trials, which Fonorow would like to see take place, as did Pauling. However, the chances of these happening seem a little slim, to say the least.

However, it is something that people can try for themselves, without prescription, and without too much expense.
If they can arrange to have a calcium test after undergoing the therapy for some time, then they should get some idea whether it is really working. If not, then a blood lipid test would at least be some indication.
Also, the testimonial givers often reported relief from major symptoms in a fairly short time, so one might hope that anyone else trying the therapy would find similar results.

The book:

Practicing Medicine Without A License?

Article about the cause of heart disease:

http://vitamincfoundation.org/suppress.htm

The protocol (from the book, chapter 7):

http://www.practicingmedicinewithoutali ... m/protocol

Pauling Therapy website:

PaulingTherapy.com - Reversing Heart Disease w/o Drugs is Possible

Testimonials:

Pauling Therapy Case Summaries

There may be other relevant links, but that's enough to start with.
I'll post a personal observation as a separate post.

I think the "vitamin c" is irrelevant

I just use orange juice, or non-sparkling lemonade for the vitamin c. It's just much safer.

It dissolves the lysine/taurine mixture perfectly. You get the vitamin c from the lemonade/orange juice

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals