What causes hydroceles? Anyway to fix them?

greeneclipse

Anyone know what causes scrotal hydrocele?

I randomly started noticing some scrotal fullness on one side. Got an ultrasound and everything was fine except fluid collecting (hydrocele). Few months later same thing on the other side as well.

Doc just said it happens and nothing really to do about it. If they get bigger then there’s a gruesome surgery to “fix” it. Figured I’d get real answers here.

Got all kinds of tests for infections and everything is clean. Only symptom is some occasional aching in my balls. No varicocele.

I searched the forums but no mention of hydrocele.

Wonder if there’s a metabolic or hormonal issue. Would something like pregnenolone or low dose progesterone help?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Steed

I have never heard om hydrocele, interesting. Did you guys discuss the difference with variocele? Anything that lowers inflammation and/or edema would probably help. Aspirin, pregnenolone, and androgens come to mind.

angst cranker

I had a hydrocele last summer. Began developing in May and by July it was so heavy I struggled to stand. I had an operation to have it removed in September. I certainly would not call it a "gruesome" surgery. Recovery was quick. Have not had problems with it since.

Peatfan69

I think a regimen similar to treating a varicocele can help fix it. i.e. pine bark extract, rutin, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, horsechestnut etc.

A lot of the time varicocele + hydrocele can occur together.

I think a hydrocele is just excess inflammation with fluid retention. If the inflammation is fixed the fluid should drain naturally IMO. With the surgery, it does remove the hydrocele however there is a possible recoccurence and same with varicocele so the root cause isn't necessarily resolved.

OP
G

greeneclipse

I had a hydrocele last summer. Began developing in May and by July it was so heavy I struggled to stand. I had an operation to have it removed in September. I certainly would not call it a "gruesome" surgery. Recovery was quick. Have not had problems with it since.

Did you ever find the cause? Was it both sides?

OP
G

greeneclipse

I have never heard om hydrocele, interesting. Did you guys discuss the difference with variocele? Anything that lowers inflammation and/or edema would probably help. Aspirin, pregnenolone, and androgens come to mind.
Yes the varicocele is dilated veins and the hydrocele is just fluid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals