• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Vitamin D3 and vit C resolved COVID-19 pneumonia in 3 days

Hans

This was a case report.

"She had low vitamin D levels on presentation and was given 200,000 units of cholecalciferol, once daily for 3 days with Vitamin C, 500 mg per oral once daily for 7 days. Her symptoms got progressively better and her oxygen requirement diminished on next day. On day 3, her symptoms completely resolved, and her chest X-ray improved."

I can't access the study, so don't know if the vit D was given orally or through injection. But nonetheless, it points back to how important vit D is against this whole shebang, as Haidut pointed out.

Beastmode

Rogan did a bunch of IV drips when he started getting symptoms (vitamins, NAD+) and I think he mentioned a lot of vitamin C in the drip.

Good to see things like this out, but sad that most people are not educated on "day to day" living principles vs "emergency" treatments.

I am interested in trying the NAD drip to see what the fuss is all about...haha.

Dannyb

This was a case report.

"She had low vitamin D levels on presentation and was given 200,000 units of cholecalciferol, once daily for 3 days with Vitamin C, 500 mg per oral once daily for 7 days. Her symptoms got progressively better and her oxygen requirement diminished on next day. On day 3, her symptoms completely resolved, and her chest X-ray improved."

I can't access the study, so don't know if the vit D was given orally or through injection. But nonetheless, it points back to how important vit D is against this whole shebang, as Haidut pointed out.
@Hans do you have an opinion on if oral or topical vitamin d is better? The one I have is from idealabs - not sure what the true topical absorption is with the SFA mix. Currently have covid as we speak.

Hans

@Hans do you have an opinion on if oral or topical vitamin d is better? The one I have is from idealabs - not sure what the true topical absorption is with the SFA mix. Currently have covid as we speak.
I personally would just go with oral dosing, since it's only for about 3 days at that dose.

brocktoon

I personally would just go with oral dosing, since it's only for about 3 days at that dose.
Interesting case study. That's a LOT of vitamin D though. At 5000 IU in a gel cap, that would be 40 per day. Maybe I'll just make sure I take 5000 IU per day as one preventative measure.

Lollipop2

This was a case report.

Fascinating only 500 mg C daily. That’s low. And contrasted with a super high dose of D.

youngsinatra

Interesting case report for sure. I used 50K IU for 10 days lately due to COVID19 infection. After 5 days I thought about discontinuing the high dose and did not take my morning dose, but later that day, I got a weird sensation in my throat and felt a bit off and decided to continue my dosing schedule of vitamin D. After I ingested the skipped vitamin D dose later that day, my sensations in my throat disappeared. I think vitamin D truely helped me in staying relatively symptom-free during the infection.

Amazoniac

This was a case report.

- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) with Low Dose Vitamin C as a Safe and Effective Therapeutic Modality in an Adult with COVID-19 Pneumonia
- High-Dose Intramuscular Vitamin D Provides Long-Lasting Moderate Increases in Serum 25-Hydroxvitamin D Levels and Shorter-Term Changes in Plasma Calcium

Gustav3Y

That's a LOT of vitamin D though.
There are ampules of 100.000 IU D3 and even 300.000 IU D3 for sale for injection.

dibase-range-cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Braveheart

Fascinating only 500 mg C daily. That’s low. And contrasted with a super high dose of D.
Read somewhere, from prominent vit c researchers, only 400mg absorbed/utilized at one time...think their suggestion was 500mg twice a day best. Will try to find study....

Lollipop2

Read somewhere, from prominent vit c researchers, only 400mg absorbed/utilized at one time...think their suggestion was 500mg twice a day best. Will try to find study....
Interesting. I think I have heard that as well.

Amazoniac