Vitamin D3 and vit C resolved COVID-19 pneumonia in 3 days

Hans

Forum Supporter
This was a case report.

"She had low vitamin D levels on presentation and was given 200,000 units of cholecalciferol, once daily for 3 days with Vitamin C, 500 mg per oral once daily for 7 days. Her symptoms got progressively better and her oxygen requirement diminished on next day. On day 3, her symptoms completely resolved, and her chest X-ray improved."

I can't access the study, so don't know if the vit D was given orally or through injection. But nonetheless, it points back to how important vit D is against this whole shebang, as Haidut pointed out.

Beastmode

Rogan did a bunch of IV drips when he started getting symptoms (vitamins, NAD+) and I think he mentioned a lot of vitamin C in the drip.

Good to see things like this out, but sad that most people are not educated on "day to day" living principles vs "emergency" treatments.

I am interested in trying the NAD drip to see what the fuss is all about...haha.

Dannyb

This was a case report.

"She had low vitamin D levels on presentation and was given 200,000 units of cholecalciferol, once daily for 3 days with Vitamin C, 500 mg per oral once daily for 7 days. Her symptoms got progressively better and her oxygen requirement diminished on next day. On day 3, her symptoms completely resolved, and her chest X-ray improved."

I can't access the study, so don't know if the vit D was given orally or through injection. But nonetheless, it points back to how important vit D is against this whole shebang, as Haidut pointed out.
@Hans do you have an opinion on if oral or topical vitamin d is better? The one I have is from idealabs - not sure what the true topical absorption is with the SFA mix. Currently have covid as we speak.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans do you have an opinion on if oral or topical vitamin d is better? The one I have is from idealabs - not sure what the true topical absorption is with the SFA mix. Currently have covid as we speak.
I personally would just go with oral dosing, since it's only for about 3 days at that dose.

brocktoon

I personally would just go with oral dosing, since it's only for about 3 days at that dose.
Interesting case study. That's a LOT of vitamin D though. At 5000 IU in a gel cap, that would be 40 per day. Maybe I'll just make sure I take 5000 IU per day as one preventative measure.

Lollipop2

This was a case report.

Fascinating only 500 mg C daily. That’s low. And contrasted with a super high dose of D.

youngsinatra

Interesting case report for sure. I used 50K IU for 10 days lately due to COVID19 infection. After 5 days I thought about discontinuing the high dose and did not take my morning dose, but later that day, I got a weird sensation in my throat and felt a bit off and decided to continue my dosing schedule of vitamin D. After I ingested the skipped vitamin D dose later that day, my sensations in my throat disappeared. I think vitamin D truely helped me in staying relatively symptom-free during the infection.

Amazoniac

This was a case report.

- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) with Low Dose Vitamin C as a Safe and Effective Therapeutic Modality in an Adult with COVID-19 Pneumonia
- High-Dose Intramuscular Vitamin D Provides Long-Lasting Moderate Increases in Serum 25-Hydroxvitamin D Levels and Shorter-Term Changes in Plasma Calcium

Gustav3Y

That's a LOT of vitamin D though.
There are ampules of 100.000 IU D3 and even 300.000 IU D3 for sale for injection.

dibase-range-cropped.jpg

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Fascinating only 500 mg C daily. That’s low. And contrasted with a super high dose of D.
Read somewhere, from prominent vit c researchers, only 400mg absorbed/utilized at one time...think their suggestion was 500mg twice a day best. Will try to find study....

Lollipop2

Read somewhere, from prominent vit c researchers, only 400mg absorbed/utilized at one time...think their suggestion was 500mg twice a day best. Will try to find study....
Interesting. I think I have heard that as well.

Amazoniac