Visual simulation of level of stimuli non-autistic people experience compared to autistic

TheSir

I'm not autistic but the the autism one seems more like what you'd expect to sense in that kind of space. The first one is unnaturally muffled and dimmed.

OP
E

Explorer

Here is a better one that matches closer my experience when I am in any areas with many noises - there is no filter and all noises blend together whether they are next to me or meters or kilometers away and it is as if everything is like accelerating

What causes this biologically and neurologically?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plPNhooUUuc

TheSir

Here is a better one that matches closer my experience when I am in any areas with many noises - there is no filter and all noises blend together whether they are next to me or meters or kilometers away and it is as if everything is like accelerating

What causes this biologically and neurologically?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plPNhooUUuc

Perhaps I'm a little hypersensitive then. I do dislike walking in the city during the daytime busy hours and can only really find peace during night time walks. Since serotonin dulls the senses, it would make sense that it would help with the issue. I think some people are just neurologically born that way. Hypersensitivity has its perks: it makes you a keen observer. You'll be able to read people like an open book. You notice when the details don't match with what you're accustomed to, and so on.

OP
E

Explorer

Perhaps I'm a little hypersensitive then. I do dislike walking in the city during the daytime busy hours and can only really find peace during night time walks. Since serotonin dulls the senses, it would make sense that it would help with the issue. I think some people are just neurologically born that way.
In autism usually sensory sensitivity is higher but high serotonin is found in ASD but if Serotonin is numbing and ASD has high serum 5HT then why people with ASD experience more sensory overload than non-autistic people?

lampofred

Insufficient blood sugar. Blood sugar increases GABA which increases efficiency by filtering out all the sensory info you don't need while keeping the info you do need. Autistic people have low GABA, which leads to excess amounts of neurotransmitters in general.

Vitamin D in theory should also have the same effect as increasing blood sugar but I can never seem to figure out how to make vitamin D work for me.

OP
E

Explorer

Insufficient blood sugar. Blood sugar increases GABA which increases efficiency by filtering out all the sensory info you don't need while keeping the info you do need. Autistic people have low GABA, which leads to excess amounts of neurotransmitters in general.
Even with milk, fruit, fruit juice, protein, saturated fat intake and low PUFA I always have some degree of that background sensory information unfiltration

I do recall when I take Valerian root extract it decreases intake of unnecessary information and significantly calms me down but it also strongly decreases my memory abilities and gives this slumber demotivated creativityless type of feeling which is why I dislike it as I feel more charged up when not on it

I also have strong ADHD and OCD and Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome which I developed around time I hit puberty

TheSir

In autism usually sensory sensitivity is higher but high serotonin is found in ASD but if Serotonin is numbing and ASD has high serum 5HT then why people with ASD experience more sensory overload than non-autistic people?
Yeah good point. This is kind of a tangent, but the way I see it, there are two dimensions to sensory overload:

1) intensity of sensations
2) tolerance to sensations

So the crucial question is: do autists really sense more intensely, or do they just have low tolerance to regular sensation? On the other hand, someone could have intense sensations & high tolerance to intensity alike. Perhaps this person would simply feel very alive? I think advanced meditators for example would fall into this category.

lampofred

Even with milk, fruit, fruit juice, protein, saturated fat intake and low PUFA I always have some degree of that background sensory information unfiltration

I do recall when I take Valerian root extract it decreases intake of unnecessary information and significantly calms me down but it also strongly decreases my memory abilities and gives this slumber demotivated creativityless type of feeling which is why I dislike it as I feel more charged up when not on it

I also have strong ADHD and OCD and Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome which I developed around time I hit puberty

I meant blood sugar more in a long-term sense (I think long-term blood sugar availability correlates to # of D2 receptors, and that is extremely variable among people, and increasing # of D2 receptors takes a lot of work, the only way I know is PUFA depletion). For example, someone with high lactate who gets 1000 g of sugar a day can have lower blood sugar than someone with low lactate eating only the bare amt of carbs necessary to not go into a ketogenic state.

Orgasm lowers blood sugar (as does alcohol).

OP
E

Explorer

I meant blood sugar more in a long-term sense (I think long-term blood sugar availability correlates to # of D2 receptors, and that is extremely variable among people, and increasing # of D2 receptors takes a lot of work, the only way I know is PUFA depletion). For example, someone with high lactate who gets 1000 g of sugar a day can have lower blood sugar than someone with low lactate eating only the bare amt of carbs necessary to not go into a ketogenic state.

Orgasm lowers blood sugar (as does alcohol).
Why being sick with a cold/fever stopped completely the POIS symptoms and cleared out previous ones but once I was not sick anymore and orgasmed my POIS fully came back full force, would that mean there is some sort of underlying imbalance?

lampofred

Why being sick with a cold/fever stopped completely the POIS symptoms and cleared out previous ones but once I was not sick anymore and orgasmed my POIS fully came back full force, would that mean there is some sort of underlying imbalance?

I think because fevers are known to raise blood sugar. Raising body temperature/increasing thyroid/drinking coffee tends to raise blood sugar in the long-run (although in the immediate moment they tend to lower blood sugar by consuming fuel). In his newsletter on autism RP wrote that autistic symptoms tend to get better during fevers.

OP
E

Explorer

I think because fevers are known to raise blood sugar. Raising body temperature/increasing thyroid/drinking coffee tends to raise blood sugar in the long-run (although in the immediate moment they tend to lower blood sugar by consuming fuel). In his newsletter on autism RP wrote that autistic symptoms tend to get better during fevers.
So my POIS/ADHD/Autism/other symptoms could be due to low blood sugar? I also felt more pleasure in the middle area of the penis and the orgasm felt more proper and the brain fog, anhedonia, slower mental processing speed - all POIS symptoms I usually had did not appear at all after orgasming

My TSH has always been in 2.x range and in 2019 March was 2.5 idk my T3 and T4 values yet, 475ng/dl Total Testosterone in 2019 January when I was 17

Temperature 36.9 celsius, pulse 80-90 always when I measure it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals