Varicocele Is NOT Unilateral Disease. It Is Bilateral !

seraph94

Please, check it guys. I think, it can change our approach to varicocele dramatically.

Abstract
BACKGROUND: Varicocele is a bilateral vascular disease, involving a network of collaterals and small, retroperitoneal bypasses. The right and the left testicular venous drainage systems are complex and not identical to each other. It was considered a predominantly unilateral (left-sided) disease. Its pathophysiology has not been clearly delineated and the treatments offered do not seem to be effective. The medical literature is replete with articles demonstrating inconsistent and even contradictory results which have led clinicians to dissociate varicocele from male infertility. Since male fertility is preserved with only one healthy testis, male infertility perforce represents bilateral testicular dysfunction. This poses an enigma to clinicians: How can left-sided varicocele causes bilateral testicular dysfunction? METHODS: We investigated the internal spermatic veins by venography to understand testicular damage due to varicocele. A total of 740 venographies of the internal spermatic veins (ISVs) were performed, with sclerotherapy of the ISV as treatment for varicocele. Epon-embedded testicular tissue sections were used to identify blood stagnation in the testis. RESULTS: Varicocele is predominantly a bilateral disease in 84% of cases, associated with collaterals and retroperitoneal venous bypasses in 70% in the left side and 75% in the right side. Histopathology demonstrate stagnation in the testicular microcirculation and hypoxic-ischaemic degenerative changes in all cells' types in the sperms' production site. CONCLUSION: Based on our findings (i) varicocele is a bilateral disease; (ii) the disease is expressed earlier in the left side and is more intense because the blood column is longer in the left side than the right; (iii) partial treatment to the left side only and ignoring bypasses is not adequate to correct the problem; (iv) hypoxia leading to ischaemic damage to both testes is the effect of varicocele due to hydrostatic pressures in the impaired venous drainage system, which exceeds the pressures in the testicular arterial microcirculation due to blood columns produced in the disease; (v) hydrostatic pressure does not depend on vein diameter but on blood column height, only; and (vi) thermography alone or combined with ultrasonography with special attention to the bilaterality of the disease are the best non-invasive tools for its detection.

Link to the study is below:
Varicocele, hypoxia and male infertility. Fluid Mechanics analysis of the impaired testicular venous drainage system

rei

The reason for increased drainage pressure is probably excessive fascial tension. This would naturally make it bilateral as the constricting part is the venous return through structure tensioned by fascia. I predict they eventually also find arterial abnormalities since also it is affected by the constriction.

OP
S

seraph94

I think, until the surgery is performed, it is important to rule out all other possible reasons for developing varicocele. The can be 2 types of causes. First type, which are result of chronic problems can be related to,
1. Psoas, hip flexors, pelvic tension due to sedentary lifestyle.
2. Intestinal inflammation and enlargement
3. Nutcracker syndrome
Of course there can be other more complex causes related to hormonal or circulatory system.
If all possible causes above were ruled out, second type of causes can be investigated which are NOT chronic problem such as physical trauma, injury to the pelvic, scrotum area. Prolonged, excessive masturbation for several years can also lead to the development of the issue too.
In my opinion, after ruling out all first type of causes, the best way to solve this problem is to have surgery as physical trauma can’t be cured completely only by supplements or exercises.
What do you think about this strategy?
Personally I am planning to start my journey according to this plan. First ruling out all possible causes which are first type, then investigating second type of causes. And act according to findings.

rei

Do you have a theory how nutcracker syndrome causes varicocele?

Kunstruct

I have seen Haidut claiming that is the "Estrogen" goes down varicocele disappears, he claims it is high estrogen that can cause varicocele. But then again I have not heard anyone to get rid of their varicoclele due to driving down their E2 for example. Maybe some early stage of varicocele could be solved that way.

OP
S

seraph94

Do you have a theory how nutcracker syndrome causes varicocele?
Yep it is quite straightforward and there are some videos on YouTube where doctor from Britain explains the connection.
To put it simple, left renal vein is compressed between superior mesenteric artery and abdominal aorta. Thus, increasing pressure in left renal vein and preventing blood to return via left testicular vein.

rei

You describe what happens, not why it happens, truly like a doctor. I am trying to tell you why it happens. There is fascial tension due to chronic postural damage, leading to various forms of drainage issues. The study of OP points towards lower fascia being the primary culprit, not left kidney drainage blockade.

Last edited:
OP
S

seraph94

You describe what happens, not why it happens, truly like a doctor. I am trying to tell you why it happens. There is fascial tension due to chronic postural damage, leading to various forms of drainage issues. The study of OP points towards lower fascia being the primary culprit, not left kidney drainage blockade.

Could you please, explain a bit more (without abbreviations) ? if possible send also study links. I understand what you mean but don't know exactly which parts of our body you mean.

OP
S

seraph94

I have seen Haidut claiming that is the "Estrogen" goes down varicocele disappears, he claims it is high estrogen that can cause varicocele. But then again I have not heard anyone to get rid of their varicoclele due to driving down their E2 for example. Maybe some early stage of varicocele could be solved that way.
What is E2 ?

rei

Sorry man no studies, just my experience. I did not even know about varicocele before it started to heal which caused pains which caused me to search info and learn the name, it started happening spontaneously from healing chronic postural damage, essentially straightening and mobilizing my spine. It is unbelievable how many layers of chronic damage and tension can wrap the body even if you think you are pretty healthy and have pretty normal movement and posture.

OP
S

seraph94

Sorry man no studies, just my experience. I did not even know about varicocele before it started to heal which caused pains which caused me to search info and learn the name, it started happening spontaneously from healing chronic postural damage, essentially straightening and mobilizing my spine. It is unbelievable how many layers of chronic damage and tension can wrap the body even if you think you are pretty healthy and have pretty normal movement and posture.
So as I understand you had varicocele and you solved it by healing chronic postural damage, right ? I have some questions if you could answer please.
1. Was your varicocele confirmed by doctor by using ultrasound?
2. After solving varicocele problem, did you have another ultrasound confirming no reflux in testicular veins ? (If not, how did you understand that you was healed from varicocele? (Testicular atrophy disappeared? or Testosterone levels increased ? )

OP
S

seraph94

Why does it have to be confirmed using ultrasound? Looking at the enlarged veins it is not enough?
Just for being sure. You know, if he really didn’t have it and claim that it is solved, it can give false hope for many people and at the end make their situation even worse. That’s why I always ask about it when discussing this issue.

rei

So as I understand you had varicocele and you solved it by healing chronic postural damage, right ? I have some questions if you could answer please.
1. Was your varicocele confirmed by doctor by using ultrasound?
2. After solving varicocele problem, did you have another ultrasound confirming no reflux in testicular veins ? (If not, how did you understand that you was healed from varicocele? (Testicular atrophy disappeared? or Testosterone levels increased ? )
No doctors, just what i found. I had the other ball hanging under the other, noticeably smaller. The pouchy part of the veins disappeared and both now hang besides each other, they feel more dense and are almost symmetrical.

OP
S

seraph94

No doctors, just what i found. I had the other ball hanging under the other, noticeably smaller. The pouchy part of the veins disappeared and both now hang besides each other, they feel more dense and are almost symmetrical.
Oh man, what you writing is like dream for me. I wish I also get rid of it as you did. And have you done any testosterone examinations before and after that ? Any improvements regarding to that ? Did you notice also improvements in erection quality and libido after healing from varicocele ?

ruprmurdoch

Can you link those posture correction excersises?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Something on the topic.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...cocele-Induced_Testicular_dysfunction_in_Rats

And yes, I know of 2 males that have had their uni-lateral varicocele disappear (at least based on physical exam by their doctor) while taking an AI. They did not do an ultrasound so without that it is not possible to confirm with 100% certainty that the issue resolved completely but one of them had a baby after using the AI and he was infertile for years before that, so at least the "functional" effects of the varicocele were resolved/improved, which is what the study above found as well.

scoobydoo

Would love to hear if anyone else has had success treating varicocele a? I have a fairly sizable one on my right side but it comes and goes..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals