Useful registered dietitian in Canada?

Madlash

I have some funds available through workplace benefits for consultation with a registered dietitian or nutritionist. With online consultation becoming common I am looking nation-wide. My question is whether there is any RD worth consulting in this whole country, or if they would all waste my time telling me to eat more vegetables and oat milk.

Neeters 27

Dont waste your time and money on a dietician, they all work "by the book" based on the food pyramid or whatever it is now here in Canada, which is based on what food products the Government wants to push on people, it is NOT what is good for you and is not Peat centric. here in Canada its your Gp that will refer you to a dietician. there arent any in ON that I am aware of that work outside of OHIP, now, I did at one time have type 2 diabetes (which was a wrong diagnosis, it resolved itself entirely once I started on Thryroid and hrt replacement) and I took a label reading course (not worth it, I dont buy anything in a package except canned tomatoes) and the dietician there gave me ridiculously bad info, such as eat cereal for breakfast and only eat minimum proteins and avoid all fats. ridiculous. Why do you need one?

P

Peatness

Dont waste your time and money on a dietician, they all work "by the book" based on the food pyramid or whatever it is now here in Canada, which is based on what food products the Government wants to push on people, it is NOT what is good for you and is not Peat centric. here in Canada its your Gp that will refer you to a dietician. there arent any in ON that I am aware of that work outside of OHIP, now, I did at one time have type 2 diabetes (which was a wrong diagnosis, it resolved itself entirely once I started on Thryroid and hrt replacement) and I took a label reading course (not worth it, I dont buy anything in a package except canned tomatoes) and the dietician there gave me ridiculously bad info, such as eat cereal for breakfast and only eat minimum proteins and avoid all fats. ridiculous. Why do you need one?
Ditto

I would add to listen to Ray Peat interviews

OP
M

Madlash

This is what I expected. Most of the RDs I looked up have blurbs about "being happy at any weight" and "designing plant-based diets." I don't need a dietitian/nutritionist at all, I just have benefits earmarked for that and thought I could look into it on the off-chance that someone actually helpful exists.

Neeters 27

This is what I expected. Most of the RDs I looked up have blurbs about "being happy at any weight" and "designing plant-based diets." I don't need a dietitian/nutritionist at all, I just have benefits earmarked for that and thought I could look into it on the off-chance that someone actually helpful exists.
if your benefits cover it, go see a Naturopath. they can now prescribe Hormones including estrogen, dhea, Progesterone, and Thyroid.

Neeters 27

I recently worked for 4 community health centers, and 2 had RD's. they had plastic fake fruit and veg and boxes of cereals and crackers and snack bars as education tools. One specialized in pre-natal nutrition. the other in diabetes. in the lunchroom one watched me put a spoon of coconut oil in my coffee. She said "I would never dream of putting solid fat in my body." I told her its only solid now but its liquid in my body as my temperature inside my body is 98 degrees not 70 like the room we are in! She looked puzzled and then she said, well, that will kill you , and so will butter...well I know that is false. Just saying, they are taught what is mainstream in medicine, which is all bunk and not healthful. promoting packaged convenience junk foods is not good.
I went to the gym 3 years ago and signed up with a personal trainer who said he was a certified nutritionist. at the time I needed to lose 40 lbs. the workouts were great, and he even helped me with ankle rehab after orif surgery. However, he had me on a 1300 calorie diet. I was starving, felt weak, and after 4 or 5 days I was waking up in the middle of the night eating double-decker meat and cheese sandwiches! ridiculous! I stopped that, went on a re-feeding regime, ate tons of real wholesome meat potatoes milk salads, probably around 3000 calories, and I still lost the weight even at my age (age 61 now) Just because they have papers doesnt mean they know whats good for you. Naturopaths I trust, here in Canada they study for many years and are highly regulated and in the most recent years have been allowed to prescribe and request bloodwork. so who needs a regular GP? not me!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals