Urea 40 on the skin gave me a strong reaction. What to do?

Two weeks ago I covered my legs, arms and face with urea 40, which was a very stupid thing to do. 2 days later, legs and arms (but not face) turned red and some eczemas or atopical dermatitis appeared. Even áreas where i did not applied seemed dry now (like neck). So i tried lanolin, aloe vera, vitamin A, vitamin D and some progesterone. But the skin is itchy in the more sensitive areas (biceps) and more flaky in another. What can i do? Just wait? Could Urea dehydrated me a lot? Dehydration could lead to edema?

Last edited:

Steed

Urea in high doses exfoliates the skin. Try cover it with some good saturated fats, cocoa butter for example, to avoid the worst inflammation and wait for it to heal. Remember, the skin is first line of defense. Urea topically is enough with a couple of %.

Birdie

I guess you'll have to wait it out. I wouldn't put vitamin A or D or progesterone on it. Steed's idea of cocoa butter type creams is about all you can do. I use the 20% on the soles of my feet at bedtime but it never occurred to me to put the stuff all over. Well, you did an experiment there. Hope it's better soon!

OP
R
Urea in high doses exfoliates the skin. Try cover it with some good saturated fats, cocoa butter for example, to avoid the worst inflammation and wait for it to heal. Remember, the skin is first line of defense. Urea topically is enough with a couple of %.

I tried ucuuba butter, but it was painful. I have some coconut oil, cocoa and lamb tallow. I will give a try, Steed.

OP
R
I guess you'll have to wait it out. I wouldn't put vitamin A or D or progesterone on it. Steed's idea of cocoa butter type creams is about all you can do. I use the 20% on the soles of my feet at bedtime but it never occurred to me to put the stuff all over. Well, you did an experiment there. Hope it's better soon!
Progesterone on the neck seems to help, but D and A did do much. Now it looks like hives, but the if 2 weeks are normal, I am more relaxed. Never had that in my life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom