Therapeutic Role Of PPAR–α For Increase Allopregnanolone

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by alex mas, Jul 30, 2019.

1. alex mas

alex mas Member

Hi people,
    I became involved in several (very recent) studies to find a solution to my PTSD. I found these very recent studies that show that the activation of the PPAR-α receptor stimulates the endogenous synthesis of allopregnanolone. The nice thing is that there are already drugs on the market, in addition to the natural endocannabinoids, which activate PPAR-α. for example fibrates. from the study it emerges that they could have a new role in the treatment of many mental disorders.
    @haidut what do you think about it? could fibrates help people with PTSD ?

Emerging Therapeutic Role of PPAR–α in Cognition and Emotions
    Stimulation of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-α by N-Palmitoylethanolamine Engages Allopregnanolone Biosynthesis to Modulate Emotional ... - PubMed - NCBI

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

3. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

Retinol is a PPR-a agonist

4. OP
    alex mas

alex mas Member

still not tried either. only small dose of pregnenolone. and immune system's dysregulation is secure involved in maintaining the ptsd but i think minocycline is dangerous for microbiome. it may help but for short time but not restore neurosteroides homosteasy. Fibrates should be a safe drugs used since many years and they can be taken for long term. secure i will look in big dose of pregnanolone. what dosage do you mean ?

5. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

50mg of minocycline a day is probably safe over the long term.

For pregnenolone, 100mg - 300mg per day is what I was thinking.

6. High_Prob

High_Prob Member

How about Palmitoylethanolamine (PEA) (which alex mas referenced above), which is readily available as a supplement...

7. OP
    alex mas

alex mas Member

I tried but 0 result...PEA is endocannabinoid broken by FAAH enzyme. In chronic stress FAAH become hyperactive and degrades much faster endocannabinoids like PEA and anandamide. I Think i got weak result with PEA for this. FAAH inhbitor would like the light for PTSD. But for Now these drug are under devolpment.

8. Sativa

Sativa Member

I copied this list of PPAR alpha activators from a selfhacked.com page. He advocates fish oils/pufas, but, just use your common sense and ray peats insight to clarify these suggestions: