Increase Bio-synthesis Of Allopregnenolone Naturally

alex mas

Hi everyone,
on the web I found interesting articles that about natural compounds increase the bio synthesis of allopregnenolone.

Here the first study about INULIN: The inulin-type oligosaccharides extract from morinda officinalis, a traditional Chinese herb, ameliorated behavioral deficits in an animal model o... - PubMed - NCBI
("Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a severe psychiatric condition.The allopregnanolone biosynthesis has been implicated as one of the possible contributors to PTSD.Inulin-type oligosaccharides of morinda officinalis (IOMO) has been shown to be effective in the therapy of depression, however, few studies concerning the anti-PTSD-like effects of IOMO. In the present study, it was shown that the behavioral deficits of SPS-treated rats were reversed by IOMO (25.0 and 50.0 mg / kg, ip), which reversed the increased freezing time in the contextual fear paradigm (CFP) and in the elevated plus maze (EPM) test without affecting the locomotor activity in the open field (OF) test In addition, the decreased allopregnanolone in the prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, and amygdala was reversed by IOMO (25.0 and 50.0 mg / k g, i.p.), respectively. In summary, the present study indicated that the IOM exert anti-PTSD-like behaviors, which maybe associated with the brain allopregnanolone biosynthesis ")

Second study about ALBOFLORIN: Anti-PTSD-like effects of albiflorin extracted from Radix paeoniae Alba. - PubMed - NCBI
("It had been shown that behavioral deficits of SPS rats were reversed by AF (7.0 and 14.0mg/kg, i.g.), which attenuated the PTSD-like associated contextual freezing behavior in CFP and improved PTSD-like associated anxiogenic behavior in EPMT without affecting locomotor activity in OFT. Moreover, decreased levels of allopregnanolone in prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, and amygdala were reversed by AF (7.0 and 14.0mg/kg, i.g.), respectively")
CONCLUSION:
In summary, the present study indicated that AF exerted the anti-PTSD-like effects, which maybe associated with allopregnanolone biosynthesis in the brain.

third study about Free and Easy Wanderer Plus (FEWP): Free and Easy Wanderer Plus (FEWP) improves behavioral deficits in an animal model of post-traumatic stress disorder by stimulating allopregnanolon... - PubMed - NCBI
Abstract
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a severe psychiatric condition defined as a "trauma and stress-related disorder". Dampened allopregnanolone biosynthesis has been implicated as a possible contributor to PTSD aetiology. Free and Easy Wanderer Plus (FEWP) is a traditional Chinese medicine previously shown to be effective in PTSD treatment. However, little is known about the role of allopregnanolone in the anti-PTSD effects of FEWP. To evaluate this, the single prolonged stress (SPS) model was used in the present study. SPS-induced rats were administered FEWP (at doses of 2.5, 5.0 and 10.0 mg/kg, p.o.) after induction of SPS from days 2 through 15. After exposure to SPS, behavioral assessments were determined, including the open-field test, the contextual fear paradigm, and the elevated plus-maze test. The experimental model rats were decapitated at the end of the behavioral tests and the level of allopregnanolone in the prefrontal cortex, hippocampus and amygdala was measured by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). The behavioral deficits of the SPS-induced rats were significantly reversed by FEWP (at doses of 5.0 and 10.0 mg/kg, p.o.). The level of allopregnanolone was increased by administration of FEWP. In summary, this study indicated that the anti-PTSD effects of FEWP were associated with allopregnanolone biosynthesis.

do you have any feedback on this? @haidut

thanks

Goobz

anyone know a reliable source for allopregnanolone? can you buy it aside from the overpriced drug version?

I m aware of 5dhp but the breast cancer associations concern me.

Last edited: