The Mineral Method

Dutchie

Today, I came across this guide and thought the book would make for some nice Summer reading.

View: https://z-p3.www.instagram.com/p/CuC_XzFR5XM/?hl=fb-ha

....that was until I saw the price! It seems to cost 199Dollars, I'm not going to pay that for a book (e-book).
Is anyone familiar with this book, or know if there is a bookversion available at a normal price?

It seems like The Rubins have jumped on the Root Cause protocol (Morley Robbins)/coppper-iron bandwagon, mixed with Peat principles.

I'm interested in reading the book, but definitely not at this steep price...

Peatful

Curious:
Do you know if they are pushing their own supplements and or getting kick back from a supplement company?

I think Josh is super smart.
And this was a bit surprising to see.

OP
D

Dutchie

Curious:
Do you know if they are pushing their own supplements and or getting kick back from a supplement company?

I think Josh is super smart.
And this was a bit surprising to see.
To be honest, I don't know....I don't really follow them, I just happened to stumble on their book.
From what I've seen it doesn't look like they're selling their own supplements.
This is from their mineral method page:

The need for supplements will depend on your current state of health and lab results. Some will need them, others will not. Our mission is always put FOOD FIRST. What step you take next and the rate at which you take it will depend on your capacity. Any experience of overwhelm offers an indication you are not ready for more.

At first I thought it was a program with coaching sessions by them or something, when I saw the price.
But from the looks of it, it really is just the book/guide.
Many 'gurus' write books with protocols and/or guidance in it, yet they ask a normal bookprice for it.

I know in marketing it's said to overprice your product to make it more appealing to people, bc most people tend to think expensive=better.
Lol, but I think they've overestimated themselves here.

Peatful

Thx.

It’s their livelihood
I get it
But
One of the purest things about Peat was his avoidance of this optic

OP
D

Dutchie

Thx.

It’s their livelihood
I get it
But
One of the purest things about Peat was his avoidance of this optic
Many other practitioners , who've written a book and don't sell supplements either, manage to ask a normal price for their book.
So, if they need to charge 200Dollars for an ebook to provide for their livelihood, imo something's wrong.

Peatful

Many other practitioners , who've written a book and don't sell supplements either, manage to ask a normal price for their book.
So, if they need to charge 200Dollars for an ebook to provide for their livelihood, imo something's wrong.
I guess they have seen that model work for them with their other “programs”?

People are desperate for health.

Josh is smart
I’m sure the content is good

But I would never buy nor have interest

youngsinatra

Definitely. Most of the year’sbest-selling books on the topic of health generated millions of dollars with normal book prices. This is just absurd.

OP
D

Dutchie

I guess they have seen that model work for them with their other “programs”?

People are desperate for health.

Josh is smart
I’m sure the content is good

But I would never buy nor have interest
I just was curious, but I'm surely not going to spent money on this.

While watching one of their recent videos on YouTube, I did notice that he loosened his stance a bit.
The last time I saw one of their vids, around 2013/2014, he was very strict anti pufa.
Now, he mentioned fatty fish (salmon, mackerel) as good sources for Retinol/Vit.A. (that's why Morley recommends Cod Liver oil).

angelina

I took their group course and it helped me. On my last labs, I wasn't anemic anymore. I'd been anemic for almost 20 years. They differ from Peat in some ways, but I didn't feel like it was anything crazy. I still ate mostly fruits, roots, meat. They give a lot of support to peeps who can't afford their individual coaching. I do think the price is high for a book. Knowing them, it's probably their program in a nutshell without the support of the zoom meetings...but I'm speculating. They have supps they like, but they tell you to do the best you can do. I never ft pressured to buy anything. I can't say 100% if it was their program, but my ESR went from in the high 60s to normal after I took their group coaching.

OP
D

Dutchie

I took their group course and it helped me. On my last labs, I wasn't anemic anymore. I'd been anemic for almost 20 years. They differ from Peat in some ways, but I didn't feel like it was anything crazy. I still ate mostly fruits, roots, meat. They give a lot of support to peeps who can't afford their individual coaching. I do think the price is high for a book. Knowing them, it's probably their program in a nutshell without the support of the zoom meetings...but I'm speculating. They have supps they like, but they tell you to do the best you can do. I never ft pressured to buy anything. I can't say 100% if it was their program, but my ESR went from in the high 60s to normal after I took their group coaching.
They do seem nice and caring, unlike some other people out there
That's my assumption too that this book is a program/protocol type of book. However I think it's outrageous for a pdf.
If I would ever be to spent such an amount, I'd opt for a group meeting or individual coaching, something interactive.

There aren't any reviews about this book either, so I guess I'm not the only one who thinks this amount is not worth to invest in just a pdf.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals