T3 Vs T3/T4?

Rtm320

Hi all,
Hoping you might be able to help me better understand a few things so I can go forward making the next decision on my health! A bit of a background--I believe I suffer from hypothyroidism. Thinning hair, Low waking temps at around 97 or lower and low resting heart rate usually somewhere in between 50-60. I began taking Tyromix mid September (just one drop in the morning), hopeful it would be the answer but unfortunately I think I have to be honest with myself and my body and perhaps try something different. While on it I've experienced a little weight gain, dry skin and hair, less frequency in bms, fatigue, joint pain in knees, some apathy.
A question I have is who would benefit from taking just a T3 supplement like Tyromax or Tyronene? And why would just T3 work better for me or anyone, than the combo which seems to work for the majority?
I am however extremely hesitant because I've read accounts that taking strictly T3 has caused hairloss in many and that is the very reason I have found myself on these forums, I can't afford to lose anymore in some sort of shed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

marsaday

Why not try straight T4 first. Many people do fine on it.

Simple rules to follow:

Start low and increase slowly. 25mcg is a good starting point.

Take the T4 4h's before bedtime ! This fits in with our natural production cycle for when we make T4 (when we go to sleep). You will get a better nights sleep and other hormones are made more efficiently.

OP
R

Rtm320

Thank-you for your replies!
I should have mentioned I am female. I wonder if it's a situation where I am not able to convert T4 into T3? T3 is the active thyroid hormone correct? In that case I wonder if T4 alone would have any effect? I just ordered Progestene from Haidut, thinking I may go that route in hopes that it may correct whatever thyroid/metabolism issues I am having.

Elize

I use Naturethroid T4/T3 and Levoxyl T4 as the T4/3 combo did not make my T4 levels optimal - the combination of NDT and Levoxyl did. Cytomel T3 contains gluten and could not use that together with Levoxyl. Compounded products contain a lot of fillers that do not work and even so the product is still compounded using Cytomel or another form of T3 often which is not gluten of cellulose free. T4 alone did not work for me as my TSH was at 57. The adding of T3 dropped my TSH too 2.6 and now .004

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals