Feel Miserable After Taking T3 For Some Time, Really Need Help!

thomas00

When I used only Cytomel, any little stress would make me suddenly hypothyroid, and my heart would stop several times in a minute; when I started using some thyroid, USP, that contained both T4 and T3 it stopped happening
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

There is a quote floating around from him where he said he started using thyroid by taking an entire 25mcg tablet at once, then another one in the evening. I can't find it.

taralynne

Great insight @taralynne really appreciate it. I hope things continue to improve for you.

I had been noticing more tiredness which I welcomed to be honest as I also believe that was stress hormones dropping. I think I just need to up the dosage in similar fashion & see what happens.

Late afternoon & temp is 36.7, pulse 60 so there's room for improvement. It's only concerns of issues with endogenous production that have been stopping me.
I was also afraid that once I started taking thyroid medication I would have to be on it for life which is typically what happens when people just follow mainstream medicine's approach. That is a big part of the appeal with Dr. Wilson's approach, as he believes that if you follow his protocol most people will be able to bring their body temperature back to normal, then wean off the T3 and maintain the improvements because the body will be reconditioned, if you will, to maintain body temp on its own. The goal is to not take it forever although I'm sure it doesn't work out that way for everyone. He also uses time released T3 so only time will tel for me if I'll be able to get similar results with dosing T3 4x day. I hope things improve for you as well with trying to increase the T3.

Beastmode

In these times I wish this forum had like button :D Thanks.

It's what I remembered him saying back in another interview. I think it's key to see how too much of T3 can cause issues, but the right amount can actually fix the issue created by taking the same substance. In this case T3.

Fexxx

Who knows what’s a complete replacement dosage? Microdosing does nothing for me but with higher doses my own production stops after a few days.

Andman

Who knows what’s a complete replacement dosage? Microdosing does nothing for me but with higher doses my own production stops after a few days.

Peat says that a healthy young man produces around 100 mcg t3 per day
seen anything from 25-75mcg thrown around in bb forums tho

Fexxx

Thanks Andman!
Just to clarify- On other sites I have read 30mcg T3 and 100mcg T4 ? What is right?

Spartan300

So far T3 for the last month or so up to 24mcg/day has improved mood but not done anything significant for temperatures.

Stress hormones have definitely dropped but I'm gaining weight at a bit of a pace. I hadn't expected that part. I had hoped my exercise/recovery capacity to improve but it hasn't. Libido is not great & seems to get worse if I try & up the dose or exercise.

Even a couple of 15min weight sessions a week seems too much. Starting to think I may need to just quit all exercise for 6months

Beastmode

So far T3 for the last month or so up to 24mcg/day has improved mood but not done anything significant for temperatures.

Stress hormones have definitely dropped but I'm gaining weight at a bit of a pace. I hadn't expected that part. I had hoped my exercise/recovery capacity to improve but it hasn't. Libido is not great & seems to get worse if I try & up the dose or exercise.

Even a couple of 15min weight sessions a week seems too much. Starting to think I may need to just quit all exercise for 6months

I laid off weights for all of 2019 and 2020 so far. I wasn't happy about it, but I think you're getting some serious clues on what's not working.

I don't know this for a fact, but I think libido is a more important metric than some weight gain. When I first used T3, I remember needing 2-3 hour naps for the first week during the day. I'm not a napper and never felt the "need" for them. It was very humbling.

Once I can get access to some weights again, my strategy is to place them around the house and whenever I walk by do a few reps of an exercise so it flows with my regular day and doesn't become a potential "stress" again like it was before.

Fexxx

Made exactly the same experience! Less Stress, Less Endurance and Exercise Performance and Weight gain. It’s strange because I read everywhere “Fat will melt“ ...

taralynne

Made exactly the same experience! Less Stress, Less Endurance and Exercise Performance and Weight gain. It’s strange because I read everywhere “Fat will melt“ ...
I have been taking T3 for the last few weeks, increasing the dosage each day per Wilson's protocol and I haven't lost an ounce as far as I can tell. So incredibly frustrating & my temps have been all over the place. Prior to starting, my temps were typically in the 97s but on the T3 sometimes I get up to the high 98s but then even just a couple of hours later I'm back in the 97s. I just started titrating the dose back down but was at 120 mcg split into 4 doses before I started weaning back off.

Spartan300

I've been focussing on this stuff since the middle of 2016 & thyroid meds have been a last resort to me due to concerns of suppression of natural production.

Yesterday I wondered whether T4/T3 mix might be better so I took a drop of tyromix morning & evening. Following another night of poor sleep my libido is tanked & my waking temp was 96.44.......

I'm seriously thinking of quitting everything (not that I'm taking much) for a month to see what happens.

wintagal

T3 can burn out your adrenals and cause major deficiencies of cortisol. Every endocrine manual emphatically states that cortisol must be tested before starting thyroid (t4 or T3). Increased thyroid hormone requires increased cortisol.
T3 is especially dangerous in this aspect because it does not have the safety valve option - which T4 has - of being converted into the inactive metabolite rT3 in order to save the mitochondria.
The OP should stop taking t3 immediately, suffer the hypo feelings, and support adrenals with rest, salt, and plenty of food. No caffeine, no adrenaline, stay calm and warm, avoid hypoglycemia.

mgrabs

T3 can burn out your adrenals and cause major deficiencies of cortisol. Every endocrine manual emphatically states that cortisol must be tested before starting thyroid (t4 or T3). Increased thyroid hormone requires increased cortisol.
T3 is especially dangerous in this aspect because it does not have the safety valve option - which T4 has - of being converted into the inactive metabolite rT3 in order to save the mitochondria.
The OP should stop taking t3 immediately, suffer the hypo feelings, and support adrenals with rest, salt, and plenty of food. No caffeine, no adrenaline, stay calm and warm, avoid hypoglycemia.
Well said. How would one know they can handle t3 again?

OP
O

Obes89

Hey Guys i recovered pretty quick after my T3 Crash. And i felt even better on tyromax after i used T3 for some weeks. Maybe because of the lowered Reverse T3.

But even one drop of transdermal tyromax gave me Crazy Energy and happinnes and all the other good effects. But i stopped because it was a little too much. Some month later i used iodine, like i did in the past. Always to great success but that time i Crashed hard and i needed some month to really Recover. So Something definently changed during the course of T3.

Everything is good right now, but i Miss Feeling and looking as great as i did on a little thyroid. Does anyone know how to make T3 Work again? Maybe with the help of hydrocortison for some time?

OP
O

Obes89

Well said. How would one know they can handle t3 again?
Yeah i would definently Like to know that aswell. But i will definently Not use it again, just like that. In the end i wasn't even able to tolerate 2-4mcg without getting hypothroid and Feeling really Off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals