Sugar Is NOT Universally Bad - Megathread

AnonE

I was wondering if we could put together an organized list of research-backed arguments to confirm what many in the Peat community have found, namely that sugar is not a universally bad substance, as is the mainstream consensus. I find it hard to discuss this topic with people because I have bits and pieces of things I've read here and there, and my personal experiences, but no organized repository of arguments and sources.

As well it would be great to provide a nuanced look at when sugar actually *is* bad, i.e. to whom and for what reasons, under what states sugar in the diet would be bad, etc.

And let's give examples of good dietary habits with sugar vs. without. For example - orange juice, milk, sugar in coffee, are all pretty great and shouldn't be avoided if tolerated. But then maybe cakes, pastries, many gluten products probably should be avoided for example.

Runenight201

Haha these dudes are so happy to have found honey. I’ll occasionally eat honey but i wonder if I might enjoy honeycomb more... sometimes the pure honey is sugary and leaves me in a weird state, but perhaps the honey comb might mitigate that effect and give calmer energy

boris

So as far as I understand honeycomb is a wax/lipid, but I don't understand if it's beneficial or not. I loved to chew on honey dipped honeycomb as a kid, I remember sometimes I ate it and sometimes spit it out. But I don't remember how it made me feel when I swalloed it.

It was pretty nice, like a honey chewing gum :hungry:.

T

TheBeard

I was wondering if we could put together an organized list of research-backed arguments to confirm what many in the Peat community have found, namely that sugar is not a universally bad substance, as is the mainstream consensus. I find it hard to discuss this topic with people because I have bits and pieces of things I've read here and there, and my personal experiences, but no organized repository of arguments and sources.

As well it would be great to provide a nuanced look at when sugar actually *is* bad, i.e. to whom and for what reasons, under what states sugar in the diet would be bad, etc.

And let's give examples of good dietary habits with sugar vs. without. For example - orange juice, milk, sugar in coffee, are all pretty great and shouldn't be avoided if tolerated. But then maybe cakes, pastries, many gluten products probably should be avoided for example.

Just type "sugar" in the forum searchbar, already enough material on the topic

boris

Haha these dudes are so happy to have found honey. I’ll occasionally eat honey but i wonder if I might enjoy honeycomb more... sometimes the pure honey is sugary and leaves me in a weird state, but perhaps the honey comb might mitigate that effect and give calmer energy

1:26:00 RP: "...coconut oil and butter and the waxes from sugarcane and beeswax are being used for the same protective anti inflammatory effect"

:hungry:

Last edited:

redred

1:26:00 RP: "...coconut oil and butter and the waxes from sugarcane and beeswax are being used for the same protective anti inflammatory effect"

:hungry:

peat is like 65 in that clip right? he looks pretty fresh for that age

weird, in that clip he has all his teeth. didnt he said he lost his upper teeth in wheat germ experiment?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals