Sudden Chronic Urticaria (hives)

TreasureVibe

Hi there. My mother suffers from painful hives on her arms. This started after she was supplementing eggshell calcium for a couple of months. After quitting all of her other supplements like magnesium, and only using calcium for a week, the hives became worse and her skin started breaking apart. It could be triggered due to a cheap vitamin C chewing tablet that she used which contained additives, but the hives persisted after discarding them, weeks afterwards.

She will have blood results on her vitamin D and more very soon.

What could be causing her hives?

Could it be persistent after being triggered by a food additive and become worse after that, even after quitting the intake of the additive?

Could excessive calcium supplementation cause vitamin D deficiency? Vitamin D deficiency was linked to hives in research.

She is light skinned, with a fairly dark complex of skin color.

Thanks!

Last edited:

saene

I am sorry to hear of your mothers troubles. I had an equally strange incident with hives. For me they came only on the front of my legs with no clear indications why as all supplements had been going for several months beforehand and stopped didn’t appear to effect them. Mine appeared to be acute (lasted <6 weeks) but I think they were from endotoxins/hypothyroidism. Both can be associated with hives through a histamine pathway. I had increased my wheat consumption, decreased thyroid, and had been stressed and sick preceding the onset. For your mother, how were the eggshells prepared? Perhaps residual white material is causing an allergic reaction manifesting as hives? Consider other calcium sources while you investigate... hope that helps, good luck

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I am sorry to hear of your mothers troubles. I had an equally strange incident with hives. For me they came only on the front of my legs with no clear indications why as all supplements had been going for several months beforehand and stopped didn’t appear to effect them. Mine appeared to be acute (lasted <6 weeks) but I think they were from endotoxins/hypothyroidism. Both can be associated with hives through a histamine pathway. I had increased my wheat consumption, decreased thyroid, and had been stressed and sick preceding the onset. For your mother, how were the eggshells prepared? Perhaps residual white material is causing an allergic reaction manifesting as hives? Consider other calcium sources while you investigate... hope that helps, good luck
Thanks, indeed we are investigating the hypothesis that the eggshell calcium was not prepared properly, (presumably they were kept stashed for too long) and we are looking to see if the hives goes away if calcium is stopped.

Also, we're going to test out and see if it's either vitamin B12 deficiency and/or vitamin D deficiency. she has done a blood test for vitamin D and iron and some more and those results will be in next week. We will be using adenosylcobalamin because she has amalgam fillings.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Stopping the non Quali-C vitamin C product and using adenosylcobalamin fixed her urticaria! Yay!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals