Stearoylethanolamide vs. Palmitoylethanolamide

TNT

Anyone know the difference between stearoylethanolamide and palmitoylethanolamide?

Dave Clark

One increases endo cannabinoids, and the other decreases them, one particular difference.

Dave Clark

Thanx, Dave. Do you know what difference that makes in terms of effects?
From what I recall, the PEA increases endocannabinoids, or something to that effect, and the SEA does not. And, the endocannabinoids, I believe are not pro-metabolic. Probably why the PEA is noted for helping with pain, etc., which may have some good benefits in those regards, but in the long run may not be advantageous for metabolic health regarding cellular respiration. I am just beginning to learn and understand some of this, but reading or listening to Brad Marshall's videos will help put it together for you. This stuff takes a bit to digest, just like coming into the Peat world for the first time, without a biochemistry backround.

OP
T

TNT

From what I recall, the PEA increases endocannabinoids, or something to that effect, and the SEA does not. And, the endocannabinoids, I believe are not pro-metabolic. Probably why the PEA is noted for helping with pain, etc., which may have some good benefits in those regards, but in the long run may not be advantageous for metabolic health regarding cellular respiration. I am just beginning to learn and understand some of this, but reading or listening to Brad Marshall's videos will help put it together for you. This stuff takes a bit to digest, just like coming into the Peat world for the first time, without a biochemistry backround.
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals