Difference Between Industrial and Health-Grade Red Light?

marko9437

Anyone know what is the technical/practical difference between an incandescent red light that is industrial-grade and one that is "healthcare-grade"?

Eg something like this:

22.jpg

vs something like this:

21.jpg

Milk Consumer

To be honest, I don't think they are different in light spectrum or other criteria. Only in the power output. The different name and higher price is probably just because it is good for business to price differentiate between different markets. In the end they are both incandescent heating lamps serving the same function

OP
M

marko9437

I emailed the store and they said:

One has red color designation (industrial) and the other (healthcare) only red glass.

I don't know what they mean by that.

Waynish

One is 90% less energy actually hitting your body and 99% more marketed for because the marketers have a vested interest. The other one puts out the most energy that is actually red-light.

You could simulate this using plants with light filters around them:
1) Have a plant in the sun
2) Have a plant in the sun with filters that make it just get approximately what the red LEDs would give it

GTW

Red light therapy advocates focus on specific wave lengths for specific purposes.
>Light in the red-near-infrared region of the spectrum (630-1000 nm) has been used as a therapeutic strategy since the first observations of beneficial effects on wound healing in astronauts (Whelan et al., 2001). The mechanism by which red-near-infrared light exerts its therapeutic effects is likely via direct action upon photoreceptors such as cytochrome c oxidase, associated with anti-inflammatory effects, reductions in oxidative stress and neuroprotection (Karu et al., 2005; Szymanski et al., 2013). Numerous preclinical studies have demonstrated beneficial effects in a diverse array of conditions, including complications arising from diabetes, myocardial infarction and injury to the central nervous system (Byrnes et al., 2005; Desmet et al., 2006; Eells et al., 2004; Fitzgerald et al., 2013; Oron et al., 2007).

miquelangeles

Anyone know what is the technical/practical difference between an incandescent red light that is industrial-grade and one that is "healthcare-grade"?

Eg something like this:

View attachment 40661

vs something like this:

View attachment 40662

I have these. The industrial one generates more heat, it's designed to work in harsh environments for keeping farm animals warm etc.
The healthcare version is a deeper/darker red (has less yellow and orange spectrum) and the heat is milder, you can keep it closer to your body.
But the industrial version is rated 5000 hours whereas the healtcare only 300 hours lifetime. The first one I had burned out after approx 20 hours of running.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals