Severely Constipated

Motif

Can confirm that the castor oil was the most helpful. Things have slowed down since stopping so might do a lower dose in a couple of days if this continues but will work on getting regular normally again.

Introducing OJ into my diet was actually what began this spiral - was drinking store bought but not sure if it matters as I think I'm allergic to it anyway like most fruits.

do you have issues with a tight lower back?
if so this could have impact on constipation.

you could try ox bile. That helped me a lot with this, but under 500 mg per meal it doesn’t help.
for me it’s for sure an issue with fat.

I’ll try taurine again soon, I think I don’t tolerate it

OP
O

Omen

do you have issues with a tight lower back?
if so this could have impact on constipation.

you could try ox bile. That helped me a lot with this, but under 500 mg per meal it doesn’t help.
for me it’s for sure an issue with fat.

I’ll try taurine again soon, I think I don’t tolerate it
Yes and pain in my sides. Also I have POTS and my kidney function isn't great - not in very good health.

A lot of it seems to stem from the intestines along with low stomach acid/overgrowth. There was a member here that suggested POTS could be due to a hernia and that could be possible. Whenever I eat a main meal - lunch or dinner I have to lay down afterwards otherwise the pain in my sides gets worse (regardless of what food I eat).

I have had success with ox bile in the past but it seems to give me issues now and taurine I don't think I tolerate either. Going to reduce my starch (potato) intake and probably try increasing milk as I *seem* to tolerate it when it's warm and combined with a meal, if not I will reduce it again. I feel worse without it. I ate extra potatoes yesterday to try and increase my calories and woke up from a nightmare with my heart pounding. Had a decent sleep the night before but ate less potatoes. Going to just go on less calories for now until it's obvious my intestines have healed some and I'm actually craving more food.

Jam

I was able to resolve my life-long mild constipation by simply eating more whole fruit, especially dried figs and dates. Also, I've always had a tight lower back, since my early teens at least. Seems to have improved since resolving the constipation.

OP
O

Omen

I was able to resolve my life-long mild constipation by simply eating more whole fruit, especially dried figs and dates. Also, I've always had a tight lower back, since my early teens at least. Seems to have improved since resolving the constipation.
I intend on experimenting with dates in the near future. I did do well on them at one stage in the past but when I was consuming potatoes in large quantity, even if well boiled, I didn't seem to tolerate them as well. Now my starch intake is reduced it would be interesting to try them again.

FitnessMike

Im testing blended prunes today, hoping for some movement

OP
O

Omen

Added dates today - going to see if they help with constipation. I miss having access to the Iranian kind as they were half the price of medjool...

Not sure if I should still eat some potatoes, I will probably just try a small amount with dinner. I'm not sure if I drank too much milk yesterday or ate too many potatoes but like clockwork woke up from a nightmare again. Going to keep milk under 2 quarts regardless and only warm as it's winter here and I don't crave anything else.

Milk makes me feel better but I just hope the calcium isn't constipating me right now. I am making sure to eat a balance of minerals but my calcium intake could still be too high considering my sluggish digestion.

OP
O

Omen

Dates are a definite no... so bloated it's hard to even walk. I only ate 2 as well.

Fruits wreck me so just going to avoid them. I can get away with a banana a day so will just stick with that.

OP
O

Omen

Not long after eating the dates I had severe build up of gas - which was very painful and after laying down for a few hours it passed. Seems the gas can not escape while I'm standing up.

Should I take this as a good or bad symptom? I did have to go to the bathroom a couple of hours later. Could it be some kind of die off or is it likely just plain irritation/inflammation?

Amazoniac

Psyllium...there is lots of info out there...plus toilet paper savings galore!!

cjm

right now I'm having milk of magnesia made up.

MoM (magniesum hydroxide, MgOH) is considered effective for oral supplementation but it's also good for producing BMs. I increased my Mg intake dramatically yesterday (through various forms, MgOH included) and had a week's worth of BMs from noon til midnight. Don't be shy, let 'er rip. Better out than in.

"The bioavailability of Mg hydroxide was 15%, and it constitutes a clinically relevant option for oral Mg supplementation."

Pharmacokinetic Profile of Oral Magnesium Hydroxide

FitnessMike

MoM (magniesum hydroxide, MgOH) is considered effective for oral supplementation but it's also good for producing BMs. I increased my Mg intake dramatically yesterday (through various forms, MgOH included) and had a week's worth of BMs from noon til midnight. Don't be shy, let 'er rip. Better out than in.

"The bioavailability of Mg hydroxide was 15%, and it constitutes a clinically relevant option for oral Mg supplementation."

Pharmacokinetic Profile of Oral Magnesium Hydroxide
how much of it do you take to flush the gut, can i just get normal powder of amazon?

cjm

how much of it do you take to flush the gut, can i just get normal powder of amazon?

You can buy bulk MgOH on Amazon, it's very cost effective. If you have a Sodastream, you can make very bioavailable magnesium bicarbonate, and I THINK you can flush the gut with a high enough dose. I went nuts yesterday (I got the J&J shot on Saturday so I'm pulling out all the stops) and took 2g elemental Mg as bicarb, though some of it was unreacted when I started sipping. Then I took a serving each of LEF Extend-release and Neuro Mag (L-threonate). It was probably close to 3g elemental. It was more than enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals