Severely Constipated

O

Omen

Hoping I may receive some helpful opinions here as things are not looking good on my end.

I haven't had a bowel movement for 8 days now and the last time I did there was blood and a lot of struggle. I've tried castor oil, aged cascara and right now I'm having milk of magnesia made up. Not sure how to continue if this doesn't work...

Only eating small of amounts of easy to digest food at the moment and some coffee since that usually helps stimulate digestion for me. Drinking plenty of water.

Any advice?

KurtisL

Dropping fat to as low as possible (like <5 grams per day) and taking fiber supplements increased my gut motility from a single bowel movement every 3 days or so to 2-3 times per day

FitnessMike

Recipe for quick sh**t:

Step 1) put 1-2 tsp of baking soda into your mouth on empty stomach

step 2) wash it with glass of water

Energizer

My peristalsis is the most vigorous with adequate fiber. If you have no good fiber (carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms) in your diet, your tendency is going to be towards constipation. Especially if you are hypothyroid. 8 days is an incredibly long time to go without a crap. Drinking excess water can also worsen constipation. Your thirst should be a guide to how much liquids you need. Make sure you are salting food to taste. I would also recommend making a concentrated leafy green broth if nothing else works (very rich in magnesium), that is going to be a lot better than any over the counter magnesium supplement and may help.

Jam

Enema.

OP
O

Omen

Thanks for the feedback, some great suggestions.

I will try the epsom salt baths, I might get in touch with my doctor regarding antibiotics. Only thing regarding antibiotics is most seem to report the progress doesn't stick. My health issues do indicate a severe infection.

Also going to go low fat again as also mentioned here, probably not 5g low but we'll see. Eating a lot of well-cooked zucchinis as they do typically sit well for me and will try some potatoes for lunch and dinner.

OP
O

Omen

Recipe for quick sh**t:

Step 1) put 1-2 tsp of baking soda into your mouth on empty stomach

step 2) wash it with glass of water
Would adding this to an epsom salt bath be useful or must it be ingested?

FitnessMike

Would adding this to an epsom salt bath be useful or must it be ingested?
i never did baths, i havent got my own bowel movements, and cascara/senna i build a tolerance to, so I ingest twice baking soda am and pm to clean the waste untill i have my own movement going on, it does seem to be working better in the morning, in the evening i need to use way more baking soda.

OP
O

Omen

I took another dose of castor oil this morning, ate lowish fat and increased vegetable intake and did some exercise and finally had a proper BM after 9 days. I don't think it was just one thing but the castor oil definitely helped things out much easier. Have very sore intestines so will take a while to heal but hopefully things continue to improve.

Definitely won't rely on castor oil or any form of laxative but will have handy if things get sluggish (3+ days) but I'm confident I can get regular again now that things are moving again.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hiadut mentioned that 1-2 drops of Pyrucet in the navel helped quite a few people with chronic constipation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sunlight, sunlight, sunlight.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Also, vitamin B1 has moved many a bowels when they could not be moved.

OP
O

Omen

Can confirm that the castor oil was the most helpful. Things have slowed down since stopping so might do a lower dose in a couple of days if this continues but will work on getting regular normally again.

Introducing OJ into my diet was actually what began this spiral - was drinking store bought but not sure if it matters as I think I'm allergic to it anyway like most fruits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals