Rich people feel guilty for being rich, so they tell you it's YOUR fault for not also being rich. The great con.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
Obviously rich people worked harder and are smarter then the rest of us. Pfizer made 100 billion in profits last last year , while Ray peat probably died without a lot of money. So that mean the Pfizer ceo must be at least a billion times smarter and worked a billion times harder then ray peat ever did.

peat said the vaccine was bad for you.

The Pfizer ceo said it’s good for you.

I think I’m gonna listen to the guy who is a billion times smarter then ray peat.

So sign me up for the vaccine.

Obviously rich people worked harder and are smarter then the rest of us. Pfizer made 100 billion in profits last last year , while Ray peat probably died without a lot of money. So that mean the Pfizer ceo must be at least a billion times smarter and worked a billion times harder then ray peat ever did.

I think I’m gonna listen to the guy who is a billion times smarter then ray peat.

Smart people can get rich or be smart enough to know better. Good luck with that vaccine!

LadyRae

In general the filthy rich are unlikely to feel guilty about being rich, as suspectibility to guilt would have handicapped their ability to get rich in the first place due to the nature of what kind of actions amassing wealth will inevitably require. The upper middle class probably feels guiltier about its prosperity on average than the wealthier classes.
Agreed. One doesn't have to be rich to feel guilty. One can feel guilty for not worrying about money, regardless of how much money one has. What does that say about me that I just don't worry about it?

😶

Peatress

A smart professor told us not to worry about our grades because A students end up working of B students in the end. This didn't stop most of us worrying about our grades.

frannybananny

“One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach, with his fishing pole propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast out into the sparkling blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun and the prospect of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down the beach, trying to relieve some of the stress of his workday. He noticed the fisherman sitting on the beach and decided to find out why this fisherman was fishing instead of working harder to make a living for himself and his family. “You aren’t going to catch many fish that way,” said the businessman to the fisherman.

“You should be working rather than lying on the beach!”

The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled and replied, “And what will my reward be?”

“Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more fish!” was the businessman’s answer. “And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman, still smiling. The businessman replied, “You will make money and you’ll be able to buy a boat, which will then result in larger catches of fish!”

“And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman again.

The businessman was beginning to get a little irritated with the fisherman’s questions. “You can buy a bigger boat, and hire some people to work for you!” he said.

“And then what will my reward be?” repeated the fisherman.

The businessman was getting angry. “Don’t you understand? You can build up a fleet of fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all your employees catch fish for you!”

Once again the fisherman asked, “And then what will my reward be?”

The businessman was red with rage and shouted at the fisherman, “Don’t you understand that you can become so rich that you will never have to work for your living again! You can spend all the rest of your days sitting on this beach, looking at the sunset. You won’t have a care in the world!”

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said, “And what do you think I’m doing right now?””

I sure enjoyed this story...thank you!

frannybananny

No my husband died, so everything changed. All that working trying to get rich didn’t really matter in the end, he didn’t get to take it with him. I don’t want his life, so mine changed too, and I moved on to something more meaningful. That is my point. Rich people spend their whole lives working and worrying to get rich and when they get there they just want more, lose it all or die, and most of them, at times, crave to go back to their simpler times. My late husband and I have had money worries like anybody else because the more you have the more you spend. Our business had down times and employees to worry about too. The original point I made about the fisherman was a positive one, but the thing I ponder about your original post is that you are criticizing rich people while trying to follow in their footsteps, and it is their fault you are not so good at it? I don’t know what I am going to do now starting over, but if I fail it won’t be anybody’s fault but my own, and I don’t envy rich people, not one bit. I am not doing that route again.
So sorry about losing your husband and having to sell your business. I hope you had enough equity in it to hold onto your house for a long time. Aren't you raising a couple of kids also? Good luck to you dear.

MikeyFitz

In general the filthy rich are unlikely to feel guilty about being rich, as suspectibility to guilt would have handicapped their ability to get rich in the first place due to the nature of what kind of actions amassing wealth will inevitably require. The upper middle class probably feels guiltier about its prosperity on average than the wealthier classes.
Sociopaths appear to be willing to do just about anything for money.

They then find each other because they form groups, social organizations, secret societies, and then they get married and have sociopath children.

As the centuries go by, all of those sociopath genes, habits, traditions, ideas, as well as their combined resources from all of their collective plunder throughout the years provide an incredible power base for them to continue their activities.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

They then find each other because they form groups, social organizations, secret societies, and then they get married and have sociopath children.

As the centuries go by, all of those sociopath genes, habits, traditions, ideas, as well as their combined resources from all of their collective plunder throughout the years provide an incredible power base for them to continue their activities.

🎯 Nepotism.

Apple

Maybe sociopaths are just passionate people whose ideas drive this civilazation even if downhill ? People with excess energy and ready to do something and take responsibility , evil or saint

MikeyFitz

Maybe sociopaths are just passionate people whose ideas drive this civilazation even if downhill ? People with excess energy and ready to do something and take responsibility , evil or saint
Interesting point.

If sociopaths drive civilization by doing things that are anti-social, then I doubt it's due to excess OXPHOS energy.

Sociopathic behaviors are probably driven by cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen, prolactin, and serotonin.

And I disagree with your opinion on sociopaths taking responsibility.

They don't.

Typically they do horrible things and then point the finger at others or just deny.

Or like Bill and Hillary Clinton say...... "I don't recall."

Apple

Interesting point.

If sociopaths drive civilization by doing things that are anti-social, then I doubt it's due to excess OXPHOS energy.

Sociopathic behaviors are probably driven by cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen, prolactin, and serotonin.

And I disagree with your opinion on sociopaths taking responsibility.

They don't.

Typically they do horrible things and then point the finger at others or just deny.

Or like Bill and Hillary Clinton say...... "I don't recall."
But have you heard of the term passionarity ?
Reflecting all the time on what to do or not do, hesitating, whether it is peaty or not, makes us just observers rather than participants ...sure that's probably good for survival longterm. (but not for prosperity)

Last edited:

Apple

The key element of the theory of ethnogenesis is the concept of
passionarity. The theory of passionarity (passionarnost’) is considered
to be one of the chief expressions of Gumilev’s thought. According to
this theory, each ethnos – being a natural geo-chemical foundation – is
subject to the influence of some “energetic drives” born out of the
cosmos which cause the so-called “passionarity effect”, which
represents an amplified activity and intensity of life. In such
conditions, the ethnos undergoes a kind of “genetic mutation”, which
leads to the birth of the “passionaries”, who are individuals of a
special temper and talent capable of forging empires and modifying
the course of history. The theory of passionarity links the existence of
ethnoi as collectives of peoples with the capability of men as
organisms to absorb the bio-chemical energy of the biosphere’s living
substance. Passionarity represents the opposite of mere survival: it leads nations to their greatest achievements, glories, and actions. The beginning of ethnogenesis manifests with an eruption of passionarity, a dissipation of the energy of the living substance of the biosphere. Thus, passionarity represents a physical phenomenon capable of awakening the chemical and cosmic energies which drive nations to the pursuit of glory, happiness, and victory. Historical examples of passionaries have been Alexander the Great, Joan of Arc, and Napoleon. The passionarity theory considers both passionary and subpassionary individuals, the idea of the biological age of nations, and the notion that the biosphere is a living substance that closely interacts with historical and anthropological events. Passionarity is a genetic attribute, hereditary and irrational that appears in an unexpected manner.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Just passionate people?

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.
  • Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
  • Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.
  • Aggression toward people and animals.
  • Destruction of property.
  • Lying and dishonesty.
  • Theft.
  • Serious violation of rules.
  • etc

MikeyFitz

But have you heard of the term passionarity ?
Reflecting all the time on what to do or not do, hesitating, whether it is peaty or not, makes us just observers rather than participants ...sure that's probably good for survival longterm. (but not for prosperity)
What does your point have to do with sociopathy?

Reflecting on thousands or even possibly millions of years of sociopathic behavior leading to incalculable misery and untold suffering is "hesitating" ?

Healthy human minds think on and reflect on events so that mistakes are not repeated and societies can be improved for all participants.

Passionarity is an excuse for psychotic individuals like Aleister Crowley who believed that humans should just do whatever they feel like doing without having to think about it first.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Just passionate people?

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.
  • Doing dangerous things with no regard for the safety of self or others.
  • Being irresponsible and failing to fulfill work or financial responsibilities.
  • Aggression toward people and animals.
  • Destruction of property.
  • Lying and dishonesty.
  • Theft.
  • Serious violation of rules.
  • etc

I see I misread the word as "passionate" LOL, but I still don't think being a Sociopath is a positive attribute in any way whatsoever.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals