Review on Vitamins and Asthma

Gabriel

Diet and asthma: vitamins and methyl donors

Diet changes can partly explain the high burden of asthma in industrialised nations. Findings from experimental studies have stimulated many observational studies of the association between vitamins (A, C, D, and E) or nutrients acting as methyl donors (folate, vitamin B12, and choline) and asthma. However, observational studies are susceptible to several sources of bias; well conducted randomised controlled trials (RCTs) are the gold standard to establish whether diet has an effect on asthma. Evidence from observational studies and a few RCTs strongly justifies ongoing and future RCTs in three areas: vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of asthma, choline supplementation as adjuvant treatment for asthma, and vitamin E to prevent the detrimental effects of air pollution in patients with asthma. At present, insufficient evidence exists to recommend supplementation with any vitamin or nutrient acting as a methyl donor to prevent or treat asthma.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanre ... 7/fulltext

Recommended read for people with asthma, article is available for free.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wealthofwisdom What questions should I ask my dr. in my lab test review consultation? Blood Work, Labs 1
wealthofwisdom What questions should I ask my dr. in my lab test review consultation? Ask For Help or Advice 1
S Pine Pollen review Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
F External Peer Review of RT-PCR Test Reveals 10 Flaws at Molecular & Methodological Level Articles & Scientific Studies 3
MyUsernameHere Bioactive monolaurin as an antimicrobial and its potential to improve the immune system and against COVID-19: a review Scientific Studies 3
noqcks Methylene Blue Review Blogs 17
Sefton10 Fruit Supplementation Reduces Indices Of Exercise-induced Muscle Damage: A Systematic Review And Met Exercise 0
T Can Anyone Review Nate Hatch's F*ck Portion Control "cure For Baldness"? Hair & Nails 18
Drareg Code Review Of Ferguson’s Model That Has Us In Lockdown Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
Tristan Loscha D3 5000 TO 50000 INTERNATIONAL UNITS/d SEVEN YEARS EXPERIENCE DOSING REVIEW D 5
BingDing How To Change Your Mind:a Book Review Miscellaneous 4
Aston Grimes Diet Review Articles & Newsletters 0
Mito Dietary Saturated Fat And Heart Disease: A Narrative Review Articles & Scientific Studies 1
L Good Review: Chronic Inflammation In The Etiology Of Disease Across The Life Span Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
H A Review Of The Biochemistry, Metabolism And Clinical Benefits Of Thiamin(e) And Its Derivatives Digestion, Gut Flora 0
Kelj Healthiest Countries Review 2019 Health 27
O Good General Review Of All Inflammatory Mediators Articles & Scientific Studies 0
L Minocycline For Depression: A Systematic Review And Meta-analysis Of Clinical Trials Scientific Studies 13
Mito Low‐carbohydrate Diets For Overweight And Obesity: A Systematic Review Of The Systematic Reviews Discussing Dietary Models 0
H Seasonal Prolactin Secretion And Its Role In Seasonal Reproduction: A Review Scientific Studies 0
L Could You Review This Enteral Nutrition Product From A Ray Peat Standpoint? Diet 0
Mito Does High-carbohydrate Intake Lead To Increased Risk Of Obesity? A Systematic Review And Meta-analys Articles & Scientific Studies 29
Kartoffel In Defense Of Progesterone: A Review Of The Literature Scientific Studies 4
P Effect Of Vitamin D Supplementation On Pain: A Systematic Review And Meta-analysis Articles & Scientific Studies 0
raypeatclips Consequences Of Magnesium Deficiency On The Enhancement Of Stress (review) Scientific Studies 0
Mito A Review Of The Carbohydrate–insulin Model Of Obesity Scientific Studies 2
Amazoniac Body Odor In Disorder And Disease: A Brief Review Articles & Scientific Studies 1
J Overall Natural Desicated Thyroid Review On Health, Hormones, Cognitive Function Etc Natural Dessicated Thyroid 1
burtlancast Gilbert Ling: The Peer Review System Suppresses Innovation And Progress Scientific Studies 6
S Fructose Review Dr Brad Dieter Blood Sugar 14
P Newer Insights Into The Taurinuria Of Vitamin D Deficiency: A Review Articles & Scientific Studies 0
M Redlightman Review For Thyroid Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 9
Amazoniac Magnesium Deficiency, A Brief Review Magnesium 56
nullredvector Researchliquids.com Liquid T3 (liothyronine) Review T3 19
S Nih Peer Review Percentile Scores Are Poorly Predictive Of Grant Productivity Articles & Scientific Studies 0
bodacious Is Oral Temperature An Accurate Measurement Of Deep Body Temperature? A Systematic Review Health 25
Giraffe Screening For Testicular Cancer (a Review) Cancer 1
Westside PUFAs Trader Joe's Grass Fed Sirloin Roast unboxing/review The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
Y SCIENTIFIC REVIEW OF ROBERT LUSTIG’S FAT CHANCE Discussing Dietary Models 4
W Aspirin: A Review Of Its Neurobiological Properties And ther Scientific Studies 0
J A (incomplete) Review of South American Milk Milk 4
T Farmacia Del Nino Review Suppliers 8
J Sucrose - A Systematic Review of Human Intervention Studies Articles & Scientific Studies 3
charlie A Review of Thomas Seyfried's Cancer As a Metabolic Disease Book Recommendations 7
R What B vitamins do you mega-dose, if any? Water-Soluble Vitamins 2
Mito Serum Vitamins and Homocysteine Levels in OCD Articles & Scientific Studies 0
D Low levels of vitamins B2, B6, B9 in adults with ADHD Mental Issues 2
K Question about added vitamins in milk Milk 2
TheBeard B Vitamins Doubled My Total Testosterone Levels Male Issues 105
H A Cross-sectional Study Of Plasma Trace Elements And Vitamins Content In Androgenetic Alopecia In Me Articles & Scientific Studies 0