Review on Vitamins and Asthma

Gabriel

Diet and asthma: vitamins and methyl donors

Diet changes can partly explain the high burden of asthma in industrialised nations. Findings from experimental studies have stimulated many observational studies of the association between vitamins (A, C, D, and E) or nutrients acting as methyl donors (folate, vitamin B12, and choline) and asthma. However, observational studies are susceptible to several sources of bias; well conducted randomised controlled trials (RCTs) are the gold standard to establish whether diet has an effect on asthma. Evidence from observational studies and a few RCTs strongly justifies ongoing and future RCTs in three areas: vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of asthma, choline supplementation as adjuvant treatment for asthma, and vitamin E to prevent the detrimental effects of air pollution in patients with asthma. At present, insufficient evidence exists to recommend supplementation with any vitamin or nutrient acting as a methyl donor to prevent or treat asthma.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanre ... 7/fulltext

Recommended read for people with asthma, article is available for free.

GorillaHead

zinc.vitamin A. Vitamin E and B6 all aggravate my asthma. Ive tested this over and over and over. What is the connection. I know these vitamins in particular work together in a very close relationship.

amd

Synthetic vitamins are isolated vitamins. These vitamins are compounds, created in a lab, that mimic natural vitamins.

LastingJoy

zinc.vitamin A. Vitamin E and B6 all aggravate my asthma. Ive tested this over and over and over. What is the connection. I know these vitamins in particular work together in a very close relationship.
Hi, i would think that at least some of these nutrients could cause an imbalance with selenium

GorillaHead

Following up to my post. So as I mentioned before these nutrients were causing my asthma to get worse. I was asthma attack free for like a decade then my pursuit to cure my dandruff. UC and hairloss got me into supplements.

Well I realized my allergies were wayyy worse and I started finding some minor signs or low hemoglobin still in range but blood work showed mchc was on the bottom dropped about 30% from 2015.

Did more research and found literature documenting anemia caused by long term zinc use and a ton of studies linking allergies asthma to low iron stores.

There are many forms of anemia and i think not all can manifest the same way because the eye lid test I pass no problem so I am thinking low iron is my problem.

This forum is way too much anti iron. I believe vitamin E. Zinc and thiamine all deplete iron.

Will test iron next.

If it is the issue. This goes to show how our imbalanced supplementing can be so detrimental.

For now does anyone have any ways to mitigate the damage or prevent free iron floating around in the body?

I just feel like iron pills help but some of the iron ends up flowing in serum freely without being bound because the pills are soo much and the body can only bind so much at a time which can cause systemic inflammation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals