Regular Aspirin Intake Can Save The US Almost $700b In Healthcare Costs

haidut

I am starting to see more and more "bold" news articles that seem to prepare for an official change in policy by the FDA. Given that nothing so far has been able to stop the rising healthcare costs or improve outcome for patients in the medical system, the powers that be are getting desperate for anything that works. This may very well be aspirin. Over the last few months there have been at least a dozen studies claiming that risks ascribed to aspirin are overblown and its benefits are underappreciated. This study now takes it a step further and claims that regular aspirin intake could improve health outcomes, extend lifespan, and save the US taxpayers almost $700 billion in healthcare costs. I wonder what the FDA would do to save face after decades of claiming aspirin is more dangerous and less effective than other NSAIDs...
Finally, the author of the study calls the regular use of aspirin the real health care reform given the strikingly positive effects and low cost of intervention.

Wider use of low-dose aspirin could save U.S. $692 billion: Study

"...The study found, for example, that life expectancy would increase by 0.3 years (largely disability-free), which means that out of 1,000 people, eight more would reach age 80 and three more would reach age 100. By 2036, an estimated 900,000 more Americans would be alive, the researchers said. In addition, daily low-dose aspirin use by older Americans would result in an estimated national net health benefit worth $692 billion, according to the study. "The irony of our findings is that aspirin may be too cheap," said study co-author Dana Goldman, director of the USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics."

An aspirin a day: USC study finds long-term health and economic benefits to taking daily low-dose aspirin - CBS News
"...Dr. David Agus on why aspirin is the "real health reform""

Last edited:

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Hopefully the price of aspirin will not go up anytime soon. :( I just picked up a bottle of 150 pills for $1 at the Dollar store.

haidut

Hopefully the price of aspirin will not go up anytime soon. :( I just picked up a bottle of 150 pills for $1 at the Dollar store.

If it does go up, it will be the end of the evolutionary road for willow trees. People will just butcher them for health...and profit.

Tarmander

I think the bag of horse aspirin I bought will last me for the rest of my life...and probably up to 15 other people who live in the bomb shelter with me!

moss

If it does go up, it will be the end of the evolutionary road for willow trees. People will just butcher them for health...and profit.
Not if people plant the European willow (Salix alba), if you have a garden, some land, plant trees and medicinal plants because if things do go belly up one has a dispensary in their backyard so to speak...

Peata

I bought 3 bottles the other day at the Dollar Tree, same as last year which contain only aspirin and starch. But they had new bottles there (same brand) where they added povidone to the formula, and that is going to be the only formula there when the old stash is gone. Anyone know if povidone is OK?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haidut Regular Aspirin Intake Lowers Prostate And Colon Cancer Risks Scientific Studies 14
raypeatclips Regular Aspirin Use Associates With Lower Risk Of Colorectal Cancers Scientific Studies 0
R J Leucomethylene Blue For Covid And Other Respiratory Infections — Regular Oxidized M.B. Is Dangerous Scientific Studies 11
gately Any Ideas Why I React To White Rice And Sweet Potatoes But Not White Bread And Regular Potatoes? Diet 25
Lewis Acid An Impossible Whopper Has 18 Million Times As Much Estrogen As A Regular Whopper Diet, Recipes 27
SOMO Anyone Else Feel BETTER After Regular Cardio? Exercise 17
ddjd Are Solid, Regular Errections Actually A Good Marker Of Health? Ask For Help or Advice 49
Amazoniac Effects Of Regular Walking On Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Digestion, Gut Flora 37
biggirlkisss For Weight Training Would Super Set Or Pyramid Training Be Better Then Regular Training? Ask For Help or Advice 5
sprinter Surprised I Enjoy Regular Yogurt More Then Greek Yogurt Ask For Help or Advice 9
W Tripping During Regular Walk, Brain Fog, Orthostatic Hypotension Ask For Help or Advice 9
Gadsie Is A Late But Regular Sleep Schedule A Problem? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 2
D Pressure Cooker VS. "Regular" Boiling To Make Gelatin Broth, Stocks 11
charlie Regular coffee drinkers have 'cleaner' arteries Coffee 1
B Are Castrated Males more or less healthy than Regular Males? Ask For Help or Advice 43
J Seeing Supplements as Regular Food Diet, Recipes 4
B Preparing Coffe-regular Boil No Nutrients And Oxalate Proble Coffee 2
K Regular Palpatations and anxiousness Mental Issues 13
ecstatichamster How would you take aspirin topically Aspirin 1
L Root canal , aspirin , root canal removal Oral Health 0
J The Spanish Flu's true culprit - it was aspirin all along! Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
mayku-T-meelo Aspirin/Acetylsallicylic acid - source in Europe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
K aspirin/ k2 Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
haidut Aspirin can cure liver cancer in just 24 hours (in rabbits) Scientific Studies 2
L Aspirin/Salicylates are calorie restriction mimetics Aspirin 3
S Aspirin, niacinamide and eye bags Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
M aspirin and increased hair loss Hair & Nails 4
J Would It Be Effective To Mix Aspirin Tablet With Charcoal For A Intestinal Disinfectant? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
L Aspirin As A Suppressor Of Cancer-related Epigenetic Aging Scientific Studies 2
P Aspirin Use Reduces Risk Of Death In Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients Scientific Studies 0
haidut Aspirin Has Dramatically Lower Bleeding Risk Than Pharma Anticoagulants Scientific Studies 10
lvysaur Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin? Blood Work, Labs 1
Mauritio Aspirin Reduces Deaths In COVID-19 Patients By 47% Aspirin 14
B Crickets Fed Low Dose Aspirin Live 143% Longer, Have Longer Childhoods And Higher Metabolic Rates Scientific Studies 7
ddjd Aspirin Significantly Lowers Risk Of Complications, Death In COVID Ask For Help or Advice 4
TopGun1911 Massive Brain Fog After Taking Aspirin (500 Mg) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
D Coffee,Milk Plus Aspirin And MB Male Issues 2
A Aspirin Gave Me Permanent Tinnitus, Help Ask For Help or Advice 52
ScurveDream For Those Who Cannot "stomach" Aspirin Or Etc Aspirin 3
_lppaiva Stopped Aspirin Cold Turkey. Any Permanent Risks? Ask For Help or Advice 9
C Is Aspirin Estrogenic? Aspirin 18
A Does Aspirin Inhibit Mitochondrial Respiration? Aspirin 51
explosionlord Aspirin + K2 + Glycine Poor Reaction; Anybody Else? Supplements 8
A. squamosa Good Aspirin Brands? Aspirin 9
jamies33 I Realized I'm Basically Always In Pain, And I've Just Gotten Used To It. Aspirin And Yoga Fixes It Metabolism 25
Energizer #33: NAD+/NADH, Stress, And Fatty Acids | How To Use T3, T4, And Aspirin | Histamine | Milk And Acne Danny Roddy 0
Amazigh Where Did All The Aspirin Powder Go? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
L Does Lithium Orotate Dissolve In Water Like Aspirin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
C Aspirin Starting Dose? Ask For Help or Advice 8
orewashin Does Aspirin Increase Appetite? Aspirin 23