Reflux (silent or not) and parasites

bookshelf

Has anyone here ever tried an anti-parasitical drug (e.g.: ivermectin, mebendazole, HCQ) for reflux? This is just the start of a rabbit hole but I found this Classification of eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases - PubMed. Basically, Eosinophils can be present in reflux oesophagitis, coeliac disease, and microscopic and infectious colitis as well as parasitic infections.

Parasites can cause digestive issues. Maybe seeing reflux as a direct symptom of a parasitic infestation could open doors for treatment and healing?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
My reflux seemed to improve for months after taking a course of ivermectin for Covid. It also improves after taking antibiotics to treat myself for H Pylori.

L_C

My reflux seemed to improve for months after taking a course of ivermectin for Covid. It also improves after taking antibiotics to treat myself for H Pylori.
What antibiotics did you take?

Ben.

Has anyone here ever tried an anti-parasitical drug (e.g.: ivermectin, mebendazole, HCQ) for reflux? This is just the start of a rabbit hole but I found this Classification of eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases - PubMed. Basically, Eosinophils can be present in reflux oesophagitis, coeliac disease, and microscopic and infectious colitis as well as parasitic infections.

Parasites can cause digestive issues. Maybe seeing reflux as a direct symptom of a parasitic infestation could open doors for treatment and healing?

I tried pyrantel, niclosamid, fenbendazole, praziquantel and mebendazole. Sadly can't get my hands on ivermectin.

Also i tried alot of antihelmintic herbs.

In short:

Pyrantel: Makes me feel like the best verssion of myself and reduces most symptoms to almost zero. It only did so short term and didn't help on repeated use.

Fenbendazole/Praziquantel: Similar to pyrantel made me feel good and got rid of brain fog and cold hands and feet while i was taking it. Didn't help long term however and worsened already present digestive issues (slow transit time, slow digestion, feeling of food being stuck in the stomache not moving along ...)

Mebendazole: Made me feel bad and set me back despite all the health progress i've made.

Niclosamid: Made me feel calm and basically eliminated mind racing and chronic thoughts along with muscle tension for like a day. Then it caused the worst digestion issues i've ever had for 2 weeks straight and that caused me being depressed, feeling bad, nauseated, energyless and having bad brain fog/headaches. Coudn't poop at all. Had to take epsom salts to get rid of blockage. I coul'd swear i saw "parasites" in the stool that day they were coloroued "see trough". Coudn't take pictures because i was at work. Maybe i actually killed stuff which led to blockage and then i got hit with endotoxins and dieoff garbage. Who knows. I know my body, stuff like that never came out before. Niclosamid is apparantly messing up peristalsis so that is important to mention.

I also tried hulda clark protocol, MSM enemas, biopoptimizers parasite cleanse, enzymes, copper sulfate, flowers of sulfur, methylene blue etc etc.
Even tried the liver cleanse from andreas moritz.

From thoose and countless other experiments i know thats the right idea but i haven't found the right protocol/substance yet. People don't believe me if i tell them what these things can do for a person. They can be life/persona changing.

Sadly, i can't say any of thoose realy helped me with digestion / reflux. They only ever do short term and when i stop taking them it comes back way worse than it was.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

All really helpful insight. I do believe that parasites are one of the bigger pieces of the puzzle of health issues. I wouldn't rest everything on them but I think they play a huge role.

Ben.

All really helpful insight. I do believe that parasites are one of the bigger pieces of the puzzle of health issues. I wouldn't rest everything on them but I think they play a huge role.

My thought exactly. Altough i think heavy metals are big too along with certain chemicals we are exposed to.

joaquin

What if parasites are beneficial in some way?

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

My thought exactly. Altough i think heavy metals are big too along with certain chemicals we are exposed to.
Agreed. I believe we are exposed to these metals and chemicals through the air, soil, products (health and beauty, food, OTC and supplements, e.g.), off-gassing, and vaccines - to name a few mechanisms of transmission.

I believe some are! Just like there are good bacteria and bad bacteria. It's all about balance, IMHO.

Ben.

They are. There have been case studies where allergies and food sensitivity's reduced/vanished when they purposefully infected themself with a parasite:

Regulation of Immunity and Allergy by Helminth Parasites

"A landmark study was published in 2000 by the Yazdanbakhsh group (36), measuring skin prick test (SPT) reactivity (atopy) to house dust mite allergen; Schistosoma infected children were significantly less prone to allergy, while in the small proportion who retained demonstrable skin test reactivity, perhipheral blood T cells failed to mount an IL-10 response to parasite antigens. Hence the links were made firstly between helminths and diminished allergy, and secondly between the parasite infection and, in most children, an immuno-regulatory cytokine.
A diversity of subsequent studies, in different settings of infection with a variety of helminth species has broadly supported a negative association with allergic reactivity (37-40); while there have also been reports that could not establish a significant influence of helminth infection (41), it has been argued that protection from allergy is likely to require a threshold intensity and duration of infection, and may vary from parasite species to species (42, 43). Most recently, the original observations have been confirmed in a much larger study of >2000 neonates over 3-5 years in Ecuador, in which one-third of the cohort contracted helminth infections but overall developed significantly less asthma and wheeze (44)"

They can also potentially help the host to deal with toxic stuff such as heavy metals for example or the other way around, minerals/metals modulate/determine their occurence:

Parasites as heavy metal bioindicators in the shark Carcharhinus dussumieri from the Persian Gulf

"The results revealed that lead and cadmium concentrations in both parasite species were many times higher than in the host tissues. The results strongly support the view that helminth parasites are extremely sensitive early warning bioindicators, particularly in sensitive environments under threat but where pollution levels are presently low. They may also have a beneficial effect on the health of their hosts by acting as heavy metal filters."

Effect of Accumulation of Heavy Metals in the Red Fox Intestine on the Prevalence of Its Intestinal Parasites

"The association was not fully proven. On the contrary, sensitivity of parasites to cadmium was demonstrated; with increasing cadmium content in the intestine of the host, prevalence of parasites decreased to zero. No parasites were found in the intestine, when concentration of accumulated cadmium exceeded the level of 0.05 milligrams per kilogram, which represents the limit for meat (excluding offal) of bovine animals, sheep, pig, and poultry according to the Regulation (EU) No. 488/2014 amending the Regulation (EC) No. 1881/2006). Thus, even cadmium content below the above limit showed an impact on parasite biodiversity."

So they seem to be capable of being friend or foe. Maybe a single species can even be both. There are people reporting improvement with infection, others report severe health issues. Just like fungi and bacteria it seems to be a mysterious and complex topic with it's truth eluding us until further technological advancements.

joaquin

Its amazing how when I was growing up in 1970 and 80s, germs were considered bad, all bad, all the time. Anything microscopic was considered a foe. Housewives would spray Lysol all over the house and then when the chemicals in the sprays caused respiratory problems, it was blamed on the germs.

InChristAlone

The biggest risk when you have parasites (at least in animals) is anemia. And generally people in the third world who have a lot of paraaites suffer more from iron deficiency than first world people. We just don't have the parasite load.

Dave Clark

The biggest risk when you have parasites (at least in animals) is anemia. And generally people in the third world who have a lot of paraaites suffer more from iron deficiency than first world people. We just don't have the parasite load.
Yes. And, mercury toxicity will cause anemia via displacing the iron in the cell, causing it to become free iron, and then iron deficiency.
If one would suspect parasites, doing an anti-parasitic protocol, natural or drug, would let you know if the reflux was caused by parasites. I personally think it may be a rare cause. There are more common core problems that generally cause reflux.

Phosphor

I didn't notice difference with ivermectin but I only took it for a few days at a time, when I thought I "might" be coming down with something.
What I did find was that for me, a high meat diet causes reflux; it's just too acidic. If I eat a large portion of vegetable matter and a lower portion of meat, I have no problem.
Just as an aside, I'm someone who reacts to many things, and I can't even tell when I'm taking ivermectin. For me, it is an invisible drug. At 95# when I am taking it "just because maybe" I take 36mg on an empty stomach, and if I were going to react, I certainly would in that circumstance.

HeyThere

I didn't notice difference with ivermectin but I only took it for a few days at a time, when I thought I "might" be coming down with something.
What I did find was that for me, a high meat diet causes reflux; it's just too acidic. If I eat a large portion of vegetable matter and a lower portion of meat, I have no problem.
Just as an aside, I'm someone who reacts to many things, and I can't even tell when I'm taking ivermectin. For me, it is an invisible drug. At 95# when I am taking it "just because maybe" I take 36mg on an empty stomach, and if I were going to react, I certainly would in that circumstance.

I react to far too many things.. foods, scented things, etc. I tried 1 Ivermec at 12MG and daaaang, it knocked me out for a WEEK. One! I'd come home from work and just sleep sleep sleep.. for a week. I also got very dehydrated. My skin looked like it was clearing up though, so it made me sad I didn't feel right to take more. Typical for me :(

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
Apple cider vinegar pills. Great for controlling reflux.
Also lemon water.
I had it really bad and taking the apple cider vinegar pills keeps it under control.

joaquin

What about Betaine HCL? Is that good for reflux?

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
What about Betaine HCL? Is that good for reflux?
I had reflex since I was young. Apple Cider vinegar ( use pills now ) saved me from using anything else and natural cure.
Not sure about Zabe rains HCL

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

Apple cider vinegar pills. Great for controlling reflux.
Also lemon water.
I had it really bad and taking the apple cider vinegar pills keeps it under control.
I've used ACV in water prior to a meal before. When do you take your pills? Have you ever taken them at night on an empty stomach before laying down?

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
I've used ACV in water prior to a meal before. When do you take your pills? Have you ever taken them at night on an empty stomach before laying down?
I take ideally 3 times a day. Capsules from Costco. I can take an empty stomach however I eat frequently small meals so probably always have food. ACV with water is good too. If I ever forgot the pills and have a sudden heartburn attack I take apple cider vinegar directly form bottle which usually stops it. If it doesn't I have to make myself regurgitate whatwever is in my system to stop the intense pain which radiates through my back. I have had bad heartburn for years and the pills are th easiest and I can enjoy coffee and other things that I would not be able to have without them. As you age you will hear about so many people on prescription heartburn medication. That completely shuts your system down and does more harm then good. Benefits of ACV amazing and also help me keep a good weight I feel.
I had severe heartburn and doctors usually want to get you on meds when so many natural cures. I rarely have an episode any more and if I do it is because of not taken the pills.
Some less know cause of reflex are fizzy water, sodas and beer( fizz again) and ibuprofen. Had a time where I had ti take so ibuprofen and my heartburn really increased and took me a minute to put together.
Lots of good reading on apple cider vinegar. Take it from me who has had this for 25 plus years. Started in my early 30's. Back then little help and medication was prescription which is now over the counter. Recommend natural as it cured me and saved me tons of future problems.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I take ideally 3 times a day. Capsules from Costco. I can take an empty stomach however I eat frequently small meals so probably always have food. ACV with water is good too. If I ever forgot the pills and have a sudden heartburn attack I take apple cider vinegar directly form bottle which usually stops it. If it doesn't I have to make myself regurgitate whatwever is in my system to stop the intense pain which radiates through my back. I have had bad heartburn for years and the pills are th easiest and I can enjoy coffee and other things that I would not be able to have without them. As you age you will hear about so many people on prescription heartburn medication. That completely shuts your system down and does more harm then good. Benefits of ACV amazing and also help me keep a good weight I feel.
I had severe heartburn and doctors usually want to get you on meds when so many natural cures. I rarely have an episode any more and if I do it is because of not taken the pills.
Some less know cause of reflex are fizzy water, sodas and beer( fizz again) and ibuprofen. Had a time where I had ti take so ibuprofen and my heartburn really increased and took me a minute to put together.
Lots of good reading on apple cider vinegar. Take it from me who has had this for 25 plus years. Started in my early 30's. Back then little help and medication was prescription which is now over the counter. Recommend natural as it cured me and saved me tons of future problems.
Really helpful insight, thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom