Recover T From Steroids

Jocko

Dear All,

25 years old male here with no previous health concern.

I have been prescribed a glucocorticoid Deflazacort to treat inflammation of the auditory nerve.

The dosage were actually pretty high:
  • 5 days with 60mg
  • 5 days with 30mg
  • 5 days with 15mg
During the treatment I have already been experiencing low libido, insomnia and increased body fat.

Since I am aware that corticosteroids are dangerous drugs and the side effects seem to persist after stopping the treatment I would like to know what could I do to recover properly.

Best regards,

Jocko.

Andman

Hey Jocko, ive also had a run-in with glucocorticoids for uveitis/reactive arthritis of some sorts those last few weeks - side effects are pretty horrible to be sure, and my eye keeps flaring up so it wasnt even really worth it o_O

Well anyway, on top of a solid diet (at maintenance calories or slight surplus) id say the first line of recovery would be preg, prog and dhea.

Im going to run something like 100mg pregnenolone (or 300mg once/week) + 0.15mg/kg dhea + 1mg/kg progesterone and some Vit A/D/E/K for at least a month.

There are plenty of interesting threads (mostly by haidut) on cortisol and corticosteroids in the studies section of this forum, highly recommended reading

OP
J

Jocko

Dear Andman,

Thanks you very much for the response. In my case the corticosteroids seem to have been useful as my audition is returning back to normal (or at least this is what I perceive), now I just have 5 more days of treatment at the lower dosage.

I have been reading Haidut's posts, they are really interesting.

I think I will use something like preg, aspirin, Vit E, glycine and taurine (Simple Peaty stack) and hope to be back to normal soon.

Does it makes sense to start using all those supplements right now or better as the treatment is finished? As I understand the last weeks of the lower dosages corticosteroids are to avoid problems due to adrenal shutdown so I guess no more damage is going to be caused.

Andman

Sorry for my late reply i was a bit too sedated by the progesterone haha

it does however seem to work very well on my uveitis, im able to completely stop any cortisone/prednisone eyedrops and creams and pain/floaters/redness are greatly reduced

how is your taper going? personally yes i would have started the protective substances asap to reduce harmful effects from the corticosteroids

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals