Feel Crazy, Docs Aren't Helpful, Depressed. I'm Desperate

dandingo

I'm in a Peat grout with an amazing guy leading it who knows Peat better than anyone I've ever met. Many people in the group experience the same things you are. In fact, until recently I was waking up with serious depression, as well, which I've never experienced before. One of the girls just went cold turkey on weed and is having a lot of trouble but it's getting better. Weed is very tough to get off of. Another girl is weening of AD's and it's tough, as well.

How much sugar are you getting?
Are you consistently keeping your stress hormones down with sugar throughout the day?
How much protein?
Dry mouth - are you on thyroid? I had to stop my thyroid for a few months when on steroids and it made my mouth really, really dry.
Can you take benadryl at night? Benadryl has really helped me to relax and sleep.
Are you taking magnesium? Epsom salt baths? Magnesium oil? Glycinate?
Have you tried weighing and tracking all your food in Cronometer? That's what we do and it can really show how much protein, sugar and nutrients you are truly getting and what you may need more of.

How much Vitamin D/light are you getting? VERY important.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

TOTALLY on the Saturn return thing. i was going to mention that but honestly thought i would get more woo woo comments on here - one thing that really helped me with knowing about stomach acid is when i found out my blood type is o pos and then read up on that. i know Dr. Peat does not thing that blood types matter but IMO, how could it not? as an O pos, i actually have naturally a lot of stomach acid so when i tried to take anything to help or digestive enzymes - i would get crazy heart palps. when i started addressing my liver however, i figured out my bile flow needed help and that in turn helped food digest. it is crazy how it is so connected in ways you may not think of. also if you want to get astro about it, i am a triple sag and of course i have liver/kidney sensitivity. the sun thing is major- i recommend finding a good place to go tanning. the tanning beds really up your d fast. xx

OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

TOTALLY on the Saturn return thing. i was going to mention that but honestly thought i would get more woo woo comments on here - one thing that really helped me with knowing about stomach acid is when i found out my blood type is o pos and then read up on that. i know Dr. Peat does not thing that blood types matter but IMO, how could it not? as an O pos, i actually have naturally a lot of stomach acid so when i tried to take anything to help or digestive enzymes - i would get crazy heart palps. when i started addressing my liver however, i figured out my bile flow needed help and that in turn helped food digest. it is crazy how it is so connected in ways you may not think of. also if you want to get astro about it, i am a triple sag and of course i have liver/kidney sensitivity. the sun thing is major- i recommend finding a good place to go tanning. the tanning beds really up your d fast. xx
I live in a really sunny place, so I'll start sunbathing in my backyard or go to the beach on the weekends... but that's crazy about the reaction you had to digestive enzymes, I had the same experience when I started probiotics a while back. I'm also O positive, but everything I read about it when it comes to eating says our blood type requires more meat. do you have any tips/suggestions as far as eating and what has worked for you? I'm living on rice protein, rice, cheese, OJ, gelatin, honey, coconut sugar, coconut oil for the most part. thanks!

Last edited:
OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

I'm in a Peat grout with an amazing guy leading it who knows Peat better than anyone I've ever met. Many people in the group experience the same things you are. In fact, until recently I was waking up with serious depression, as well, which I've never experienced before. One of the girls just went cold turkey on weed and is having a lot of trouble but it's getting better. Weed is very tough to get off of. Another girl is weening of AD's and it's tough, as well.

How much sugar are you getting?
Are you consistently keeping your stress hormones down with sugar throughout the day?
How much protein?
Dry mouth - are you on thyroid? I had to stop my thyroid for a few months when on steroids and it made my mouth really, really dry.
Can you take benadryl at night? Benadryl has really helped me to relax and sleep.
Are you taking magnesium? Epsom salt baths? Magnesium oil? Glycinate?
Have you tried weighing and tracking all your food in Cronometer? That's what we do and it can really show how much protein, sugar and nutrients you are truly getting and what you may need more of.

How much Vitamin D/light are you getting? VERY important.
Yeah, getting off weed was hard the first few nights, but Benadryl and inositol helps keep me asleep as well as a tea with gelatin/sugar.
I'm probably getting more sugar/carbs than anything (lots of OJ/grape juice/rice/homemade sourdough) I know I haven't been getting enough protein, I started supplementing with rice protein powder yesterday, and the day seemed to go a lot smoother. I take magnesium taurate most days. I've been so depressed I didn't have the energy to track anything but i'm going to start because I know I'm not getting enough calories in general. my appetite will get better in time, I know the MJ messed up ghrelin hormones so that will recover slowly. my pancreas (or at least, the left side under my rib cage started hurting pretty bad last night after I had 17 grams of gelatin with sugar and a sprinkle of salt.) I don't know if that means anything to anyone, but I can't figure it out. it happened a while back too when I made a "Gatorade" like drink but added about 1/8-1/4tsp salt and drank it at once, because people here say it helps so much with mood, but it just caused me physcial pain. I really have no idea how to add ENOUGH salt to my food...
Oh, also, I'm not on thyroid supps. the stims I was on and the MJ caused me severve dry mouth, but being off of them has seemed to resolve that issue.
I'm getting 2000iu of vitamin D a day..
Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
bionicheart

bionicheart

oh, I've been taking high dose progesterone too (60-90mg) throughout the day too, (i'm on the second half of my cycle) which has been helpful in pretty much avoiding withdrawal symptoms as I'm tapering off the benzos. In case any one in a similar situation finds this thread and wants to know...

dandingo

Yeah, getting off weed was hard the first few nights, but Benadryl and inositol helps keep me asleep as well as a tea with gelatin/sugar.
I'm probably getting more sugar/carbs than anything (lots of OJ/grape juice/rice/homemade sourdough) I know I haven't been getting enough protein, I started supplementing with rice protein powder yesterday, and the day seemed to go a lot smoother. I take magnesium taurate most days. I've been so depressed I didn't have the energy to track anything but i'm going to start because I know I'm not getting enough calories in general. my appetite will get better in time, I know the MJ messed up ghrelin hormones so that will recover slowly. my pancreas (or at least, the left side under my rib cage started hurting pretty bad last night after I had 17 grams of gelatin with sugar and a sprinkle of salt.) I don't know if that means anything to anyone, but I can't figure it out. it happened a while back too when I made a "Gatorade" like drink but added about 1/8-1/4tsp salt and drank it at once, because people here say it helps so much with mood, but it just caused me physcial pain. I really have no idea how to add ENOUGH salt to my food...
Oh, also, I'm not on thyroid supps. the stims I was on and the MJ caused me severve dry mouth, but being off of them has seemed to resolve that issue.
I'm getting 2000iu of vitamin D a day..
Thanks!

2000 iu of Vitamin D is OK. Do you know your levels? Where are you? Is the sun above 30 degrees where you are yet? You can use the Dminder app to find out. I would highly recommend sitting in the sun, if you can, or picking up a Sperti Vitamin D lightbox if you can afford it and you're not somewhere with year-round Vitamin D.

Do you take niacinamide? High-dose niacinamide has been known to have anti-depressant properties. Haidut wrote about it on here somewhere. I've worked my way up to 700mg 3x day to work as an AD as well as antifungal. You'd want to work your way up and see if you can tolerate it. Something to think about =)

D

danishispsychic

I live in a really sunny place, so I'll start sunbathing in my backyard or go to the beach on the weekends... but that's crazy about the reaction you had to digestive enzymes, I had the same experience when I started probiotics a while back. I'm also O positive, but everything I read about it when it comes to eating says our blood type requires more meat. do you have any tips/suggestions as far as eating and what has worked for you? I'm living on rice protein, rice, cheese, OJ, gelatin, honey, coconut sugar, coconut oil for the most part. thanks!

i eat chicken ( on the bone - sometimes ) shrimp, and potatoes that i bake and then let cool , homemade pizza , eggs ( sometimes ) red bull yellow , white sugar , sugar coke or soda, canning salt, coffee in the am with cream and sugar, this stuff called cocoalocks with powdered milk and the dutched cocoa that is from the Life Giving Store, ( makes my hair amazeballs ) frozen fruit smoothies , sometimes with spinach with added white sugar always, i really HATE coconut oil but i will add it sometimes, i like butter better, gf pasta or pasta that comes from italy with mushrooms or tomatoes. tart cherry juice. sparkling water sometimes. what i DONT eat. salads. tons of water, lots of muscle meat, ( gross and cruel ) milk, ( again, gross and cruel ) orange juice, ( unless i press it and only with food ) gelatin ( histamines ) fish, veggie oils, sushi, fried anything ( unless it is in coconut oil and even then... gross. ) junk or fast food- ( unless it is an emergency donut @ 3am or something.) i know i dont get tons of protein but my body at this point does better with my weird little diet. im a carber. and a big believer in sugar. white c&h sugar. i take prenegnalone, some progestelle, estroban, and the rest of my vitamins comes from my cocoalocks drink thing. ( its from the UK ) once in a while i will swig some blackstrap molasses. ( i have low iron) i vape nicotine sometimes ( nude nicotine - buy it online ) i dont smoke mj anymore - i used to i just dont care about it anymore. i drink food grade h2o2 everyday. i stopped drinking coffee all day, it give me heart palps. i try to get sun as much as possible, and i try to sleep in a pitch black room, not always possible. i eat what i want, and learned that if i dont like the taste of something, i just dont eat it. i dont care if it makes me live to 12o. my tastebuds are my compass.

Last edited by a moderator:

alywest

@danishispsychic you really got me looking into the pseudoephedrine thing. Have you heard of a doc named Harold Levinson? He prescribes things like dramamine, pseudoephedrine and atarax for things like ADD and dyslexia. Something about the inner ear and the central nervous system. Fascinating stuff! Dramamine is basically benedryl combined with some stimulant but it stops nausea by blocking signals from the inner ear to the brain. I think I might try bonine which is supposed to be less drowsy.

D

danishispsychic

havent heard of him no. Claritin D is available with no script and does the job well. dramamine is also over the counter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals