Question Regarding Fatty Acid Profile Of Low Fat Milk

shine

Hey perceivers, thinkers and acters,

I would like to know if the fatty acid profile of milk changes when it is turned from normal milk to low fat milk.
Are certain fatty acids taken out more than others or do the percentages stay the same?

Hans

Hey perceivers, thinkers and acters,

I would like to know if the fatty acid profile of milk changes when it is turned from normal milk to low fat milk.
Are certain fatty acids taken out more than others or do the percentages stay the same?
The ratios of fatty acids stay the same between low fat and full fat. Certain brands actually add PUFAs so be on the lookout for that.

shine

The ratios of fatty acids stay the same between low fat and full fat. Certain brands actually add PUFAs so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks for your reply, Hans!

I buy "Arla Bio Weidemilch 1,5% Fett", it is a bit more expensive but the taste is really good and the cows' feed consists of organic non-gmo products. They also spend atleast 120 days outside per year. I don't think they'd add PUFA to it. Would that be declared on the label or do some companies just add it without letting you know?

Hans

Thanks for your reply, Hans!

I buy "Arla Bio Weidemilch 1,5% Fett", it is a bit more expensive but the taste is really good and the cows' feed consists of organic non-gmo products. They also spend atleast 120 days outside per year. I don't think they'd add PUFA to it. Would that be declared on the label or do some companies just add it without letting you know?
Most companies don't indicate when they add PUFAs. You'll have to check the label. This is more common with skim I believe. For example one brand can have <0.1g PUFA per 100g whereas another can have 0.5g PUFA per 100g.

orewashin

Most companies don't indicate when they add PUFAs. You'll have to check the label. This is more common with skim I believe. For example one brand can have <0.1g PUFA per 100g whereas another can have 0.5g PUFA per 100g.
How do I find out if they add PUFAs? And why do they add PUFAs in the first place, to dissolve the vitamin A and D?

Hans

How do I find out if they add PUFAs? And why do they add PUFAs in the first place, to dissolve the vitamin A and D?
Apart from looking at the label you could contact the supplier.
I'm not sure why they add PUFAs but I suspect it's because they believe in the necessity of EFAs.

orewashin

Apart from looking at the label you could contact the supplier.
I'm not sure why they add PUFAs but I suspect it's because they believe in the necessity of EFAs.
I've never seen PUFAs on a milk label before, aside from baby milk which sometimes has DHA added.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Such_Umami Question Regarding Iron Ask For Help or Advice 1
C Question Regarding The Humble Carrot Diet 1
A Question Regarding Antioxidant Potency In Herb Form Vs Tincture Form Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
T Question Regarding Buteyko Vs. Baking Soda Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
jamies33 Question Regarding Serotonin And Niacinamide Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 10
D Question Regarding Personal Training Male Issues 4
michael94 Question For You All Regarding The "Mongols" ( History Buffs Welcome ) Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 29
B Major Question Regarding Peat's Ideas About Cortisol, Sleep, Health! Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 25
Insaneacinamide Question About Ray Peat Regarding Keto Acids And Pregnenolone Ask For Help or Advice 2
D Prolactin and Pituitary Tumor Question Ask For Help or Advice 0
S Question about topical delivery mechanisms for scalp Hair & Nails 0
grithin Mitochondria Network Question Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
K Question about added vitamins in milk Milk 1
Hirri Suddenly lower Vitamin D question Vitamins 9
R Question about alcohol and hair growth Hair & Nails 8
D MRI with contrast question Blood Work, Labs 5
DANIEL Question about Penicillin VK 500 mg!!! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
Diokine A question about coronavirus mRNA vaccination Vaccines 2
M Question about Cyproheptadine Cyproheptadine 13
Brandin Question/Advice - Ionic Magnesium Chloride In Reverse Osmosis Ask For Help or Advice 2
Serge Protein To Sugar Conversion Question Metabolism 11
D Question For Testosterone Gurus Ask For Help or Advice 8
Hirri High Prolactin Question Thyroid and Hormones 6
T Chondractiv® Question Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
U Mushrooms Question Diet 8
T Estrone Sulfate: I Finally Tested It. Question About The Range Blood Work, Labs 0
N Large Pupils Question Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 1
J Potato Soup Question Ask For Help or Advice 1
H Prohormone Question Male Issues 0
F NDT Question Thyroid and Hormones 26
F Cynoplus/cynomel Question Synthetic Thyroid 9
snacks An Early Testimonial And A Question Testimonials 10
C Vitamin D Question Ask For Help or Advice 6
M 1. Question About CoViD 19 / 2. Question About George Ask For Help or Advice 34
Johhny Tazzle Stomach Question Ask For Help or Advice 1
J An Observation & Question About Soreness From My Workouts . Exercise 0
C Tooth Decay Question Oral Health 8
M COVID DEATH TOLL IN QUESTION? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 25
M 12 Experts Question The COVID-19 Panic Health 5
Lenny Quick Question: Should I Eat White Button Muchrooms While Taking Minocycline? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Gadreel Inhouse Pharmacy Payment Question Ask For Help or Advice 8
berk Question For Anyone With Histamine Intolerance Diet 0
cyclops Basic Question About Steroid Pathway Hormones 5
C Pulse Question Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 9
C Randle Cycle Question Miscellaneous Health Discussions 19
Frankdee20 Question About Oral GABA Ask For Help or Advice 9
pauljacob Last Week's Most Popular Posts Question The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 5
Such_Umami Question About Fructose Ask For Help or Advice 4
adnan.dabaan About Antibiotics Question Digestion 2
M Insulin Resistance - Berberine Question Blood Sugar 1