Proteolytic Enzymes As Medicine

yerrag

On another note, I had been on another proteolytic enzyme, which has only some serrapeptase, for 4 months, where I used 2 bottles of Dr. Wong's ZymEssence. My BP went from 180/120 to 240/160. It took me 3 years to lower my BP to below 200/135- still higher than when I started.

This is not usually observed by most people with high BP, as they are on meds, as meds keep them from seeing the cause and effect relationships.

Which is why it isn't odd to me that no one sees these things happening. And it doesnt help that the conversation had long ago shifted from one about cause and effect to one about internal mechanisms that shift the blame on internal dysfunction.

Like talking about parasympathetic dominance over sympathetic, or the other way around. Or about the renin-angiotensin system being faulty. Which simply leads to meds that purportedly address these putative dysfunctions.

Kray

That is a very strong dose.I took just one capsule at 120k SPU per capsule. 3 days later, my CBC results came up with wbc jumping to 11 from 7 a week prior. I was glad I just took one, as my intuition was telling me to be careful.

I thought it won't hurt to be cautious, and I could monitor my CBC as it doesn't cost much to take one. Normally, I wouldn't have noticed as I didn't feel bad or anything from it.

I can't blame your practitioner because you can't ever hear of the downsides of taking high doses of proteolytic enzymes. In fact, the prevailing attitude is the stronger the dose the better, as "fhere is no side effect.“
Thanks I appreciate your quick response. I will consider your cautions, and read up some more. She recommends for general health improvement, not for anything acute.

yerrag

She recommends for general health improvement, not for anything acute.
That is even worse I think.

In the early days of proteolytic enzymes, Wobenzym was very effective, especially for athletes for dealing with inflammation. The dosage is miniscule compared to the enzymes now being sold to the point that Dr. Wong touts his enzymes as a very good value for the price.

But is it good value to have too much? Dosage matters still, even if it's for something generally touted as having no side effects. A license to "eat all you can."

Last edited:

Kray

That is even worse I think.

In the early days of proteolytic enzymes, Wobenzym was very effective, especially for athletes for dealing with inflammation. The dosage is miniscule compared to the enzymes now being sold to the point that Dr. Wong touts his enzymes as a very good value for the price.

But is it good value to have too much? Dosage matters still, even if it's for something generally touted as having no side effects. A license to "eat all you can."
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. I had some interest in them a while back (per previous posts) but again, more based on curiosity and anecdotal claims and product reviews.

golder

Didn't realise they had this blood pressure concern whatsoever. I've been using proteolytics on an empty stomach in the morning and it seems to help with subsequent bowel regularity throughout the day. Although, reading these concerns has worried me somewhat. Do we know the mechanism behind why this happens?

yerrag

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. I had some interest in them a while back (per previous posts) but again, more based on curiosity and anecdotal claims and product reviews.
It's very seldom I come across a good product review when it comes to supplements and therapeutics. It's not so much that people are sloppy or lazy, but more so about the variance in effects, not to mention whether the effectd can be felt with certainty.

One would think a naturopathic health practitioner would know better, but they are also relying on their patients' feedback, and being a patient or client myself, it's often hard to give a definite answer. When I do, I'm not being asked anymore and I would not go out of my way to tell the doctor about, nor would anyone else.

Anyway, I only talk about my experience but my experience has been corroborated by Peatness, who is no longer in the forum unfortunately afaik.

It is easy to be so gung-ho going into something because all one can see and hear is the positive, and if there are some negatives, I can be guilty of brushing it aside because it seems like an inconvenient distraction. Only in hindsight would I realize that I should have listened more to the cons of it, than be fully absorbed by the marketing spiel.

The mantra bears repeating: If it's too goodbto be true, it probably is.

We eventually wise up, even for the densest of us. The hope is that the damage for being so credulous is not too much, and that we can easily recover from the mistake.

yerrag

Didn't realise they had this blood pressure concern whatsoever. I've been using proteolytics on an empty stomach in the morning and it seems to help with subsequent bowel regularity throughout the day. Although, reading these concerns has worried me somewhat. Do we know the mechanism behind why this happens?

My case does not apply to all. My history of having periodontal bacteria and lead toxicity, as well as mercury amalgam toxicity, is my signature context. It adds a wrinkle to my experiences that may differ from yours.

Motorneuron

@yerrag So does taking these proteolytic enzymes change blood viscosity? do they thin and lower the hematocrit ?

yerrag

@yerrag So does taking these proteolytic enzymes change blood viscosity? do they thin and lower the hematocrit ?
In my experience, the closest answer I could think of is that my ESR went from 0 to 30 and got down never back to 0. The latest value was 6 because I was taking some therapeutics and supplements to lower it. The release of microbes caused spillover ROS to be released as a result of phagocytic action by immune cells such as neutrophils and macrophages, and some oxidative stress that were not sufficiently contained by antioxidants caused some tissue damage, and this would end up as sludge that thickens the blood.

Motorneuron

In my experience, the closest answer I could think of is that my ESR went from 0 to 30 and got down never back to 0. The latest value was 6 because I was taking some therapeutics and supplements to lower it. The release of microbes caused spillover ROS to be released as a result of phagocytic action by immune cells such as neutrophils and macrophages, and some oxidative stress that were not sufficiently contained by antioxidants caused some tissue damage, and this would end up as sludge that thickens the blood.
So you are saying hematocrit and hemoglobin can go up and not down 🤔

Michaelk3

In a recent Paul Saladino podcast he talks about how LPa is a direct way to analyze how much linoleic acid someone is oxidizing. That it isnt even a genetic marker as much as it is lifestyle related. I dont see how enzymes could contribute with reducing it if he's correct.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals