Proteolytic Enzymes As Medicine

Discussion in 'Metabolism' started by gilson dantas, Jul 18, 2016.

1. gilson dantas

gilson dantas Member

@Blossom @haidut @burtlancast
    All of you,
    R Peat analyzes the problem of clotting / bleeding and its relation to health. He explains the role of fibrin / fibrinogen in the genesis of degenerative diseases;
    and also the utility or function of co2 [bag], the danger of unsaturated oils etc, and also the beneficial role of aspirin.

My question: given that aspirin will act on coagulation system, for instance, reducing fibrinogen, couldn´t we include proteolytic enzymes to help to reduce fibrinogen?
    proteolytic enzymes can destroy fibrinogen / fibrin, don´t they?

2. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Are you asking if proteolytic enzymes could be used instead of aspirin to achieve the same or similar result?

I'm afraid I'm not well versed on proteolytic enzymes but FWIW the link below mentions that certain proteolytic enzymes shouldn't be used with aspirin due to blood thinning effects.
    Lahey Clinic | Gout - Health Info

Hopefully someone who knows more than I do on the subject will reply.

3. OP
    gilson dantas

gilson dantas Member

Blossom, glad to see you again!
    And yes, you gave me one new way to think the problem [two blood thinners at the same time perhaps it is not a bood idea];
    Let´s wait for more information and new ideas.
    Thank you @Blossom

4. judge

judge Member

I love my Serrapeptase! Stuff is miraculous!

5. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Can you explain more @judge? I just read about it and sounds interesting...

6. judge

judge Member

Hey Lisa,

Serrappeptase enables your body to heal itself. I was having arthritus pain in my joints, so of course my back was killing me. Then I started getting carpal tunnel in my wrists. Found serrapaptase searching for carpal tunnel remedies. When i first started taking serrapeptase it did nothing after 2 months, so I quit. But continuing to search for remedies I kept running into all the testimonies of great it was. So i took a higher dose for 3 months. That did it, I felt less pain in the morning when I got up and it did not hurt to grip things hard, plus my shoulders did not hurt when working over my head. After 2 more months my wrists were more flexible and pain free. Also noticed my cuts that usuall took a week or so to heal, now healed in less than 5 days and hardly any scaring. I work/play outdoors a lot and do a lot of heavily mechanical work indoors. So I get beat up pretty good by toys and tools :)

It is a pain on how you have to take it. Has to be 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals. Otherwise the enzyme just helps digest your food. I have been taking it now for 5 years, now I take a maintenance dose of 120,000 units once in middle of night when i get up to go pee :D I believe that is equal to 30 grams but that is a guess. pills come in 20,000 unit (5 grams?) or 40,000 unit size ( 10 grams?) And unfortunately they are not cheap.

It does thin your blood and you bleed a little bit more when you get cuts, but scabs form just fine and you heal so much faster and hardly any scaring, I put up with a little extra blood, I am not squeamish LOL

FYI veterinarians have been using successfully this stuff on multi million dollar animals for decades!!

I would love to make my own Serrappeptase. If anyone in the forum knows a good method PLEASE let me know. I run out of money time to time and cannot afford it. Effects take about a week before they start to wear off and when you start back up it takes about 3 weeks for it to kick back in. This is me, everyone is different.

Short list of benefits of Serrapeptase:

Arthritis joint relief ( pain gone)
    carpal tunnel syndrome relief ( increased flexibility, pain gone)
    healing time decreased
    scaring from cuts, scrapes decreased
    nerve damage,
    Multiple Sclerosis,
    chronic ear infections,
    hay fever,
    lung congestion( great for asthma),
    swollen glands,
    laryngitis,
    rhinitis,
    chronic pain,
    diabetes,
    ulcers,
    osteoporosis,
    prostate problems,
    rheumatoid arthritis,
    sports injuries (both prevention and recovery)
    post-operative scars and lesions,
    varicose veins,
    arterial diseases,
    angina,
    blood clots,
    anti-aging,
    restoration of healthy fibrin metabolism,
    reduction in C-Reactive Protein

the list goes on and on and on...

7. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Thank you @judge for your thorough reply! :thankyoublueGreatly appreciate the time you put in. Really sounds like it is worth exploring...will definitely look more into it :D

8. OP
    gilson dantas

gilson dantas Member

Wobenzyme is also very interesting.

9. Queequeg

Queequeg Member

10. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Anyone ever use serrapeptase for floaters? I remember glancing at it somewhere, never tried it.

11. lollipop

lollipop Guest

I remember someone saying somewhere in some thread that floaters come from decreased GABA in the brain and to use something like chamomile tea or lemon balm tea. Out of curiosity, I tried it and yep works fast - every time. Another piece of random crazy amazing info I have gleaned from this forum that has made a difference. :):

12. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Thanks for the tip. I have noticed reduced intensity of my floaters at times, though there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I'll try the chamomile.

13. RealNeat

RealNeat Member

How about a paring of Natto K with that?

14. yerrag

yerrag Member

Nattokinase needs to be used together with Vitamin K whereas serrapeptidase doesn't. Without vitamin K, nattokinase can thin blood too much.

@gilson d dantas was it you who also have kidney issues? Just yesterday I used serraptidase and drank aloe vera and was surprised at my blood pressure getting lowered. Previous to that, I'd been getting frustrated seeing my blood pressure increase despite all my efforts to make it come down.

I find that serraptidase is very powerful and I have to restrain myself from using too much. In my case, I think immune complexes (as well as plaque) have been blocking my glomerular capillaries. These immune complexes have serine proteins, and serrapeptidase can lyse them, facilitating the removal of these immune complexes. I'm hoping that a daily capsule of 120k su of serra, together with aloe vera, would be able to finally rid me of my high blood pressure, and eventually improve my kidney filtration rate (GFR).

I find aloe vera very helpful because it attenuates the TLR4 inflammatory response as endotoxins are released from the lysing of plaque (when using serraptptidase).

I'm still very early off discovering this (2nd day in fact) and I'll have to give it time to see the longer-term effects. I have a lot of aloe vera growing in my garden, and I regret not using it much earlier as a TLR4 response suppressor. I tried progesterone and DHEA and cascara sagrada, but they haven't worked although it may just be my dosage wasn't enough. But the aloe vera is very fresh, I sliced off the green outer layer, and the succulent inside I blend with lemon and sugar to make it tastier, and I'd drink it up.

My blood pressure has gone down from 190/125 to 155/110 and my heart rate has gone up from 68 to 85 as well. These are just initial readings though so I'll need a longer time to validate my results. I'll also have to see other improvements such as my frequency of urination, the presence of foam in urine, and the loss of arthritic pain, and the remission of my seborrheic dermatitis in my scalp. All of these are endotoxin-related. I believe that endotoxin is like the queen piece in a chess board. If the endotoxin can be managed well, all these conditions would just go away.

The thing with proteolytic enzymes as they lyse plaque is that they may release dormant bacteria and endotoxins and it would cause us to have unfavorable reactions. These reactions can be bad enough that they can be daunting to people with weak immune systems. In my case, I find using doxycycline helpful but only in small doses. High doses kill bacteria too quickly and leave me with a high endotoxin load that in itself becomes a problem. The TLR4 inflammatory response has to be tamed, and the endotoxin also has to be excreted out through the liver. Anything that will help to excrete the liver out will be useful. I think intake of long chain saturated fats induce chylomicrons to be produced, and the more chylomicrons the better the liver is at detoxifying endotoxins using bile.

Serrapeptidase is very useful but without accompanying it with helpful supplements (depending on the condition being dealt with) it can be seen negatively.

15. Kray

Kray Member

Hi @yerrag- I just read your post and want to thank you for your information. I'm interested in taking serrapeptase but not sure if I should go with a higher dose of 120spu or the lower, 40spu. Since you posted this some time ago, can you give an update on your intake and how you're doing? I'm not familiar with aloe, whether you continue to use that in conjunction as necessary. If I don't have fresh aloe available, is a liquid supplement a good alternative?

Would you mind sharing the brand of serrapeptase you have used? I've read some reviews by users of one brand that are somewhat concerning, that they began vomiting after using it for a certain time. Not sure why.

16. yerrag

yerrag Member

After using for just a short time, I found serraptidase not suitable for my condition, so I've stopped using it. I also have another systemic enzyme called ZymEssence. Serraptidase seems to lyse my plaque much more quickly, but ZymEssence is more gentle. But I found that each of them increased my blood pressure, contrary to my expectations. I was hoping they would lyse the immune complexes in my kidneys, but all they did was to add to the immune complexes depositing in my kidneys, or so it seems, as that is my explanation for why it would increase my blood pressure further. I think it's because the lysing of arterial plaque would release immune complexes which would find its way to depositing in my kidneys. So, even if the enzymes would lyse the immune complexes, which I doubt, it would still deposit more immune complexes in my kidneys.

This experience tempers my enthusiasm for using systemic enzymes. I think makers of systemic enzymes are plain unaware that there are bad effects to its use, as my experience would lead me to believe. I think it's only because I have arterial plaques that contain immune complexes. While these systemic enzymes are effective at lysing arteriosclerotic plaque from blood vessels, the release of immune complexes from plaque and having them deposited in my kidneys, manifested in increased blood pressure, is bad enough that I have to stop taking these enzymes.

I noticed a huge jump in my wbc and neutrophils, which at first I blamed on the release of bacteria, but now I'm thinking that immune complexes alone could by themselves be a cause for immune responses, as indicated by the recruitment of neutrophils as inflammatory mediators are produced that cause oxidative stresses.

As for aloe vera, I can't really find it useful in consistently lowering my blood pressure.

There were no improvements in these areas from use of systemic enzymes.

I've used antibiotics, doxy for 2 tweeks, followed by co-amoxiclav for 2 weeks, then Azithromycin for 7 weeks, in the hope that I would lower the bacterial infection in my blood vessels. But my wbc and neutrophil levels in subsequent CBC tests wouldn't budge. This leads me to think that the high wbc/neutrophil levels are not the result of high bacterial levels, but of high immune complexes in my kidneys.

The brand I used is Enerex 120k spu per capsule.

My guess is that the enzyme would also break down biofilm in the gut. When the bacteria that forms the biofilm is released into the gut and becomes planktonic, and it is not countered/balanced by the prevailing microbiome in the gut, it could become dominant and wreak havoc on the gut. The bacteria could travel up and lead to vomiting I guess

17. yerrag

yerrag Member

I haven't had diarrhea using these Enzymes, even with the one time I used a strong dose of 3 capsules of Enerex in a day. But when I would introduce a new antibacterial such as colloidal silver or copper acetate into the gut where biofilms have been disrupted, it would release remnants of the biofilms in the gut, or so it seems, that I would experience diarrhea. I would take that as a good sign because I kinda understood that more biofilm is being disrupted and biofilm bacteria turning planktonic, and that would cause diarrhea because the large intestines would not want to absorb the 'dirty' liquid, and so instead of solid stools, I would have watery stools that become diarrhea.

I would take a teaspoon of activated charcoal and shortly the diarrhea would be fixed as the AC would adsorb the bacteria and their toxins.

18. Kray

Kray Member

@judge-- Can you post an update on your experience with Serrapeptase? I'm considering taking it for some issues, and would greatly appreciate your feedback! Dose, brand?, duration, etc.
    Thanks very much!

19. Kray

Kray Member

@yerrag- thanks so much for your time and feedback. Lots more than I expected! I will consider these factors as I begin a trial of Serrapeptase. I have sinus issues, one of which I have read Serrapeptase can be helpful for. I'm also curious to get "judge's" feedback on his experience with using it. It seems reviews are very individual from what I've read. Many swear by it, others have had issues, problems similar to yours (intestinal/diarrhea). Thanks again for responding to my questions and for your time!

20. yerrag

yerrag Member

I'd still like to use these enzymes but for the immune complex issue. What I've noticed using these enzymes is that my spO2 level went down to 96-97-98, instead of being in the 99 level. The lysing of plaque may have allowed more tissue oxygenation, and that's why I'm seeing better oxygen saturation numbers (the lower the better to an extent).