PeatBot.com — A Ray Peat Chatbot

cjm

Brad is one of us and blisteringly funny :)

1691837463783.png

CJ_87

Thanks, it looks very useful. I asked it some basic questions about milk, aspirin, etc, and it gave the orthodox Peat answers.

Eberhardt

while Its somewhat cool and impressive it also is totally useless ... it doesnt seperate between what Peat says and the people he has been talking to when you check the sources. And it says silly things like: "If you are unsure about your calcium intake, you can consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian who can assess your diet and provide personalized recommendations. Additionally, blood tests can be conducted to measure your calcium levels, although it is important to note that these tests may not provide a comprehensive picture of your calcium intake." Yeah sure, a registered dietician... Or like this one: "It is recommended to prioritize whole, unprocessed starches and to balance them with other nutritious foods to ensure a well-rounded diet". This sound like youraverage google article

qminati

i tried the chat bot thing and the biggest flaw is the retrieval of information. You can load all the info you want in there, if it doesnt scan all the info before answering this just becoms a repetitive robot holding back the good stuff.

For example, i have bad serotonin issues, by reading ray peats articles i learned about taking l-theanine. Yet this chatbot says this

User: are there any supplements that reduce serotonin

Peatbot: Based on the provided context, there is no specific mention of supplements that directly reduce serotonin levels. However, it is important to note that serotonin levels can be influenced by various factors, including diet and lifestyle. If you are concerned about high serotonin levels or their potential effects, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional who can provide personalized advice and guidance.

A healthcare professional is the worst person you can possibly go to for serotonin issues because they will give you pills to make it worse.

I respect this attempt, i think its noble to want to spread Ray Peats word, but the information is simply not helpful and possibly detrimental. The technology has to improve before a ray peat chatbot would actually speak ray peats ideas. Ray Peat can be overwhelming and complicated, these chatbots are going to create more confusion about ray peat than anything. it makes me sad to know that Ray Peats teachings are going to be killed this way. Even in the Ray Peat facebook groups everybody speaks against Ray Peats teachings, if i didnt know any better i would think that maybe its all a.... ah whatever

mostlylurking

while Its somewhat cool and impressive it also is totally useless ... it doesnt seperate between what Peat says and the people he has been talking to when you check the sources. And it says silly things like: "If you are unsure about your calcium intake, you can consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian who can assess your diet and provide personalized recommendations. Additionally, blood tests can be conducted to measure your calcium levels, although it is important to note that these tests may not provide a comprehensive picture of your calcium intake." Yeah sure, a registered dietician... Or like this one: "It is recommended to prioritize whole, unprocessed starches and to balance them with other nutritious foods to ensure a well-rounded diet". This sound like youraverage google article
:darts:

cjm

Screenshot 2023-08-12 5.49.10 PM.png

Source Code

It's still better than the standard chat gpt ai search's, and a work in progress obviously. I got some good answers from it.

youngsinatra

On the question of „how to fix hypothyroidism“ it suggested whole grains, lean meat, fish and heart healthy fats like avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil and iodine.

#AntiPeatBot

-Luke-

Why does it give different answers? I also asked about hypothyroidism and he gave me different (peat-friendly) advice:

User: What is a good diet for hypothyroidism?

Peatbot: A good diet for hypothyroidism would involve avoiding foods that are antithyroid, such as pork, poultry, and fish. These foods contain fatty acids that can suppress thyroid hormone function. While it may not be possible to eliminate these foods entirely, it is recommended to consume them in minimal amounts to allow the thyroid to work more efficiently.

In terms of protein intake, it is suggested to consume around 80 to 100 grams per day as a minimum. More protein can be beneficial, especially for active individuals, with amounts ranging from 120 to 150 grams per day.

Reducing starches in the diet is also important, as they can suppress the body's ability to produce saturated fats. Instead, it is recommended to replace starches with fruit sugar. Animal experiments have shown that replacing starches with sugar, such as in the form of Coca-Cola or orange juice, can increase metabolic rate by up to 50%. This means that you can potentially burn more calories and maintain a leaner body even when consuming more food.

Some individuals may be concerned about consuming high amounts of protein due to the risk of kidney stones. However, it is interesting to note that consuming enough calcium can provide protection against kidney stones. Additionally, the sugar in fruit juice can act similarly to vitamin D in terms of calcium assimilation and retention. Therefore, it is important to consume enough calcium and ensure adequate vitamin D levels to support thyroid function and prevent kidney stone formation.

To summarize, a good diet for hypothyroidism would involve minimizing the consumption of antithyroid foods like pork, poultry, and fish, while focusing on adequate protein intake, reducing starches, and replacing them with fruit sugar. It is also important to ensure sufficient calcium and vitamin D levels to support thyroid function and prevent kidney stone formation.

Edit:
User: Cool story, bro

Peatbot: Thank you! I appreciate your response. It's not really a story, though. It's just a collection of random thoughts and statements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals