PAIN - Unusual Causes & Unusual Remedies

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“One may wonder how can manufactured/industrial citric acid cause all of these issues yet its natural version is harmless. Well, the answer lies again in the deviousness of the business interests behind this product. Since its discovery and up until the 1950s citric acid was predominantly extracted from natural sources such as lemon (and other citrus) juice. However, subsequently, it was discovered that it can be more cheaply produced through extraction from a mold organism (Aspergillus Niger), which is highly pathogenic and can cause severe infections in humans. As such, the industrially produced citric acid extracted from that mold contains fragments of that mold's cells, as well as other contaminants. That is the substantive difference between the manufactured and natural citric acid, and it is this contamination in the manufactured version the authors of the study below believe is responsible for a wide range of inflammatory disorders.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Despite the advances in science and technology, we have yet to find the ideal dressing that can support the healing of cutaneous wounds effectively, particularly for difficult-to-heal chronic wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers, bed sores, and venous ulcers.”

“A crucial approach to ensuring better overall performance is the commitment to performing high-quality research and exploring new and niche areas, such as the incorporation of calcium into the treatment of cutaneous wounds.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Several experimental studies have shown that calcium-releasing materials can significantly stimulate wound healing. They stimulate angiogenesis, collagen and extracellular matrix protein synthesis and overall tissue granulation.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“During periods of chronic high stress, the body stays in high gear, with stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol coursing through the body. This creates wear and tear on the body and mind, and over time can create a multitude of health problems such as chronic pain, anxiety, mood swings, gut inflammation and so many more.

The good news is that our bodies contain their own superpower that can assist with decreasing our fight or flight response.

The vagus nerve system acts to counterbalance the fight or flight system and can trigger a relaxation response in our body. It is one of the cranial nerves that connect the brain to the body. The vagus nerve is a major part of how our bodies and brains function; without it, our bodies wouldn’t be able to do basic tasks, and by stimulating it we can receive powerful health benefits.

One of the main ways that you can stimulate the healthy function of the vagus nerve is through deep, slow belly breathing. You can learn to use breathing exercises to shift your focus away from stress or pain. The human mind processes one thing at a time. If you focus on the rhythm of your breathing, you're not focused on the stressor.

The moment we anticipate stress in any form, most of us tend to stop breathing and hold our breath. Breath holding activates the fight/flight/freeze response; it tends to increase the sensation of pain, stiffness, anxiety, or fear. To practice deep breathing inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth remember to:

• Breathe more slowly (aim for six breaths per minute).
  • Breathe more deeply, from the belly. Think about expanding your abdomen and widening your rib cage as you inhale.
  • Exhale longer than you inhale. It’s the exhale that triggers the relaxation response.
Additional techniques for stimulating the vagus nerve include:

• Loud gargling with water or loud singing activates our vocal cords which in turn stimulates the vagus nerve.
  • Foot massage: gentle or firm touch can assist in stimulation the vagus nerve.
  • Cold water face immersion: immerse your forehead eyes and at least 2/3 of both cheeks into cold water. This elicits the vagus nerve, decreasing heart rate, stimulating the intestines and turns on the immune system
  • Eating fiber stimulates vagus impulses to the brain slowing the gut movements and making us feel fuller after meals
  • Laughter: having a good laugh lifts your mood, boosts your immune system and stimulates the vagus nerve.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Doctors, of course, deny that stress plays a role in grey hair but regardless of the proposed cause doctors are even more adamant in their dogma that this process cannot be reversed. However, there are several published case studies of grey hair restoring its normal color as a result of the person receiving treatment with anti-serotonin and/or pro-dopamine drugs. I suppose medicine is not interested in solutions to a problem it views as largely cosmetic and unrelated to systemic health. Or maybe medicine is concerned that if the true cause of grey hair is discovered and made common knowledge the public will start questions about what other diseases may stress be causing too...
In any event, the study below demonstrates that a simple reduction in stress is often enough to restore hair color back to normal. No need for taking pharmaceutical drugs that block this or that specific mediator of stress. Since reduction of stress is apparently capable of reversing a condition universally thought to be irreversible, there is little reason why the same may not also apply to more physiological "irreversible" conditions such as CVD, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

Here is an update on that 2nd degree burn I got last year from the hot exhaust pipe of a motorcycle. I used Manuka honey in the beginning and Progest-E for pain and long term care. It did not scar at all. From the time I got the burn to when the scab fell off was around 5 weeks. My friend who is a critical care nurse was surprised how fast it healed, and said a big burn like that could have had a lot of complications and would normally have taken a lot longer to heal, especially for someone my age, sixty.

1698844480303.jpeg

1698844500503.jpeg

1698844515253.jpeg

richofden

Forum Supporter
“Angina is a term to describe severe chest pain caused by an inadequate blood supply to the heart. Ludwig’s angina, however, is an infection under the tongue, in the floor of the mouth. It’s most often caused by an infection in the second or third molar. It is a serious infection that spreads quickly.”

Thanks Rinse, just found a rife frequence for Ludwigs on rifeplayer.com. I think I´ve found my main issue, 4 minutes into the therapy I feel something in my gums/mouth, almost like just coming out from the dentist.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks Rinse, just found a rife frequence for Ludwigs on rifeplayer.com. I think I´ve found my main issue, 4 minutes into the therapy I feel something in my gums/mouth, almost like just coming out from the dentist.
You should consider taking Manuka honey before bed at night, after brushing to work on that Rich. I have a friend who works in the critical care unit and he has a patient that died from a tooth infection. He swallowed all that poison until his organs went into failure. Coconut oil and Manuka honey are my dentist now.

Dental infections of any kind can cause sepsis. It is important to contact your dentist or an emergency dental clinic if you see any signs of infection in your mouth.”

richofden

Forum Supporter
You should consider taking Manuka honey before bed at night, after brushing to work on that Rich. I have a friend who works in the critical care unit and he has a patient that died from a tooth infection. He swallowed all that poison until his organs went into failure. Coconut oil and Manuka honey are my dentist now.

Dental infections of any kind can cause sepsis. It is important to contact your dentist or an emergency dental clinic if you see any signs of infection in your mouth.”
Thanks, what brands of manuka honey and coconut oil are you using?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks, what brands of manuka honey and coconut oil are you using?
There is a couple of other Manuka honey brands I like better than the one pictured, just because of taste, but the store was out. I’ll see today if my favorite brand is stocked.

1698956264084.jpeg

richofden

Forum Supporter
There is a couple of other Manuka honey brands I like better than the one pictured, just because of taste, but the store was out. I’ll see today if my favorite brand is stocked.
:thumbsup::): ... coconut oil was brilliant when I was doing keto way back, but now I get allergic reactions. Also I´ve heard some negative thing with manuka, can´t remember what that was. Anyway, I might give it another try in the future.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
:thumbsup::): ... coconut oil was brilliant when I was doing keto way back, but now I get allergic reactions. Also I´ve heard some negative thing with manuka, can´t remember what that was. Anyway, I might give it another try in the future.
Ray Peat spoke about coconut MCT oils causing allergies. I can’t imagine any negatives about Manuka honey, except the price. I buy mine with a UMF number to make sure I am getting my money’s worth. Here is the Manuka I usually use, and bought yesterday.

1699019618483.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“An excess of tryptophan early in life, stress, or malnutrition, activates the system for converting tryptophan into serotonin, and that tendency persists into adulthood, modifying pituitary function, and increasing the incidence of pituitary and other cancers.

Serotonin's contribution to high blood pressure is well established. It activates the adrenal cortex both directly and through activation of the pituitary. It stimulates the production of both cortisol and aldosterone. It also activates aldosterone secretion by way of the renin-angiotensin system. Angiotensin is an important promoter of inflammation, and contributes to the degeneration of blood vessels with aging and stress. It can also promote estrogen production.”
-Ray Peat

“Carbon dioxide, high altitude, thyroid, progesterone, caffeine, aspirin, and decreased tryptophan consumption protect against excessive serotonin release. When sodium intake is restricted, there is a sharp increase in serotonin secretion. This accounts for some of the antiinflammatory and diuretic effects of increased sodium consumption--increasing sodium lowers both serotonin and adrenalin.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse & RePeat
“You have referred to marmalade as a “super drug”, what are some of the ailments it is good for?”

RAY PEAT:
“Inflammation, which is a component of practically all ailments.”
I made candied orange peels yesterday, to fend off whatever might come my way this winter season, but really just because I love them. They are so expensive to buy, and they are not even organic, which defeats their medicinal purpose, contaminated with a multitude of pesticides. These were so easy to make that I will be making them regularly, even just to give away. I posted my recipe on page 8 in my, one of my many, recipe thread below…

1699370931800.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Chlorine - A “Crippler and Killer”
While we can’t blame every disease or health problem on chlorine, we can however, say that chlorine’s long history of use certainly is a major contributor allowing it to be called a “crippler and killer”. As its history reveals its use started as well intentioned and was the technology of its time saving many lives from cholera, typhoid and other infectious and deadly diseases. But that was over 150 years ago. This is now the 21st century and we are still using technology from the 19th century. Or, should I say almost all.

There are some cities that recognize that chlorine is a toxic poison and use safer means to disinfect water. For example, because chlorine gas was used as a weapon during the two world wars in Europe, and recognizing its deadly nature, many communities there do not use chlorine, but instead use ozone (oxygen) and ultraviolet light to kill harmful microorganisms. Another method used is a sand filtration system such as the one in Holland.

The main reason why more cities do not use these alternative methods is because of cost. Chlorine is cheap and they would have to spend more money than they are willing to make the necessary changes to their purification systems.

But until the time comes, if ever, when every major city removes chemicals such as chlorine and sodium fluoride from the drinking water people will have to take responsibility and remove it themselves.

Reducing and Eliminating Chlorine from Your Life
Many people have begun to this do this already by either purchasing chlorine free water or by using a filter on their tap at home. However, there are other areas of chlorine exposure.

Showers and Bathes
Studies done on chlorine exposure have revealed that up to 2/3rds of it comes from showering and taking a bath. That means that we absorb more chlorine when showering or bathing than if we drank 8 glasses of chlorinated water a day. That’s because when we take a shower or bath we breath chlorine gas called chloroform which goes not only into the lungs but also goes directly into the blood stream, while we absorb the chlorine in the water into the pores of our skin that have been opened by the hot water.

Comments from Others
"Volatile organics can evaporate from water in a shower or bath." from: Is Your Water Safe to Drink? Consumer Reports"

A long, hot shower can be dangerous. The toxic chemicals are inhaled in high concentrations." from: Bottom Line; Dr. John Andelman, PhD. Books

"Avoiding contact with chlorinated water is of the utmost importance. This includes bathing water and drinking water. Chlorine kills bacteria, friendly and unfriendly, in the intestines. it can be absorbed through the skin. I recommend installing a shower filter to remove Chlorine." -from: Patient, Heal Thyself; Jordan S. Rubin, N.MD., PhD.

Asthma and Bronchitis Has Increased Dramatically
In the last 20 years asthma and bronchitis has increased 300%, especially in children. Researchers feel this is due to breathing chlorine gas, or chloroform. Note what Dr. Lance Wallace of the United States Environmental Protection Agency said about this, “ Showering is suspected as the primary cause of elevated levels of chloroform in nearly every home because of chlorine in the water.”‘

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Studies are currently underway at other institutions that, much like vagal nerve stimulation for seizures, electrically stimulate the vagal nerve to tamp down the immune response in people with rheumatoid arthritis. While there is no known direct connection between the vagal nerve and the spleen - and O'Connor and his team looked again for one - the treatment also attenuates inflammation and disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis, researchers at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research reported in 2016 in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

O'Connor hopes drinking baking soda can one day produce similar results for people with autoimmune disease.

"You are not really turning anything off or on, you are just pushing it toward one side by giving an anti-inflammatory stimulus," he says, in this case, away from harmful inflammation. "It's potentially a really safe way to treat inflammatory disease."’

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have never heard of Linden honey. It is so interesting how the nutritional profile varies according to the flowers the bees extract from….

Linden​

This honey is one of the best and healthiest types of honey. During flowering, this tree smells incredible, but the honey is more than amazing. The color of fresh honey is light or golden.

Useful Properties​

The history of honey is so old that still our grandparents knew about the benefits of this delicacy; they treated all seasonal diseases with the help of this sweetness. The usefulness of this honey lies in a large number of enzymes that help to relieve inflammation. The unique composition of linden honey talking for itself:

• Iron,
  • Sodium;
  • Iodine;
  • Phosphorus;
  • Calcium
Linden honey contains more than a hundred trace elements and minerals, as well as essential amino acids: arginine, lysine, histidine, leucine. All these components make honey a valuable product and a healer. As part of linden honey, there is also ascorbic acid, B vitamins, vitamin K and E.

It is recommended to use honey not only inside, but also for external use, which will have a beneficial effect on the body. For the treatment of colds, asthma, tonsillitis, and bronchitis are also better treated with linden honey.

It is a small wonder that linden honey is used as the main component in cosmetics. In addition to a salutary effect on the body, this type of honey copes with dryness and problem skin, as it has a softening and anti-aging effect.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“My first suggestion for someone with PMS is to avoid thyroid suppression (darkness and endurance exercise should be avoided), and to use my carrot salad recipe: Grated carrots, vinegar, coconut oil and salt are the essentials, garlic and olive oil are optional. Acetic acid and fatty acids released from the coconut oil act at different levels, and the carrot fiber is a timed-release system which also binds toxins and stimulates the bowel; the salt spares magnesium and tends to inhibit excessive prolactin release.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Foot reflexology has far-reaching health benefits compared to foot massage, as it triggers a holistic healing response in the body. Modern research studies have also shown reflexology to alleviate post-surgery pain and reduce the side effects of cancer chemotherapy (nausea, vomiting, fatigue etc).”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals