Oxidized vitamin c and diabetes

seppl

First I found this connection:

Ascorbic acid and diabetes mellitus​

then this:

Dehydroascorbic acid-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and leptin resistance in neuronal cells​

could it be, that a simple antioxidant in many foods, added for preservation, is causing this?

I know, if you want diabetic animals, you have to do this:

Studies of streptozotocin-induced insulitis and diabetes.​

from there you can easily make a connection to:

The effects of repeated exposure to sub-toxic doses of plecomacrolide antibiotics on the endocrine pancreas​

so, toxins on potatoes and beets like carrots can induce diabetes, if you dont remove the fauling parts of the food.
At home everybody is doing so, i can see the the rotten parts and throw away. But what about industry? Where tons of potatoes are processed?
Fries, wedges, potatoe starch?

i think I had a study with table-sugar from beets, where the mycotoxin was already found.

Dietary microbial toxins and type 1 diabetes​

could it be so?
am I overlooking something?
(you can clearly see, english is not my native language:):

First I found this connection:

Ascorbic acid and diabetes mellitus​

then this:

Dehydroascorbic acid-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and leptin resistance in neuronal cells​

could it be, that a simple antioxidant in many foods, added for preservation, is causing this?

I know, if you want diabetic animals, you have to do this:

Studies of streptozotocin-induced insulitis and diabetes.​

from there you can easily make a connection to:

The effects of repeated exposure to sub-toxic doses of plecomacrolide antibiotics on the endocrine pancreas​

so, toxins on potatoes and beets like carrots can induce diabetes, if you dont remove the fauling parts of the food.
At home everybody is doing so, i can see the the rotten parts and throw away. But what about industry? Where tons of potatoes are processed?
Fries, wedges, potatoe starch?

i think I had a study with table-sugar from beets, where the mycotoxin was already found.

Dietary microbial toxins and type 1 diabetes​

could it be so?
am I overlooking something?
(you can clearly see, english is not my native language:):
It seems like a reasonable answer, though not the only culprit. It lines up with junk food, fast food and restaurant food altogether being a major cause of diabetes. Diabetes was not a big thing long ago and they ate a lot of potatoes, but they also took the time to prepare foods properly. Ray Peat always did say that vitamin C supplements are problematic, especially citric acid. Ascorbic acid CAN remedy some situations with short term use, but has repercussions with longterm use, and maybe diabetes is one?

OP
S

seppl

Yesterday a doku in germany shows the production of citric acid from aspergillus niger. Perhaps the next suspect for a contamination of food?
I try a pubmed-search for asp.niger and diabetes and find that:

Solution? only selfmade orange juice?

and the many other industry products with citric acid for conservation?

a safe nutrition will need more knowledge and more work and more money.
more than normal people will spend.
i am a teacher and nutritionist, most of the pupils have no interest for such things.

not the best prospects:sleepy:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals