Over excitation and anxiety

Judd Crane

Some metabolism boosting interventions like sugar, aspirin, niacinamide and inosine causes over excitation for me and increases anxiety. How is this explained under the Peat paradigm and what should be done to put 'breaks' on an over excited system? My guess is that increasing metabolism increases NAD+ and ATP. These can increase wakefulness/orexin which can contribute to anxiety. Also, increasing NAD+ increases dopamine which can increase anxiety.

Would love to hear how others have managed these issues.

Last edited:

lampofred

Boosting metabolism consumes fuel faster and if your blood sugar runs low then adrenaline goes up to liberate fat as an additional energy source. Adrenaline causes anxiety. I think increasing sugar, salt, and calcium and minimizing PUFA, phosphate, water would help to lower adrenaline.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Boosting metabolism consumes fuel faster and if your blood sugar runs low then adrenaline goes up to liberate fat as an additional energy source. Adrenaline causes anxiety. I think increasing sugar, salt, and calcium and minimizing PUFA, phosphate, water would help to lower adrenaline.
Sounds plausible. If this is the case I guess thyroid makes sense to boost to help with glycogen and energy metabolism overall. Thyroid, at correct dosages, is very relaxing for me. Today I tried progesterone+DHEA today which was also relaxing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals