Inosine Increases NAD/NADH Ratio And Reduces Systemic Inflammation

Dave Clark

Does this brand contain no toxic additives? I didn't find this information on the website.
To my knowledge, it is certified by the agency that oversees veterinarian supplements, their version of the FDA. I could not find any other information myself, but my understanding is that it is just inosine with no other ingredients. I don't recall if they have a COA on that product. Many veterinarian products are more pure than products marketed for humans, since animals can react to adverse additives, and are more identifiable. That's the best I can tell you about that product.

Bruna

To my knowledge, it is certified by the agency that oversees veterinarian supplements, their version of the FDA. I could not find any other information myself, but my understanding is that it is just inosine with no other ingredients. I don't recall if they have a COA on that product. Many veterinarian products are more pure than products marketed for humans, since animals can react to adverse additives, and are more identifiable. That's the best I can tell you about that product.
Thank you very much for your help :)

Gustav3Y

I have a friend who works in a pharmacy and he gave it to me. It's sold here in Serbia as an antibiotic - ISOPRINOSINE

I've stopped using it after day one since I've seen that Ray stated it can lead to a cytokine storm and preferred azithromycin / doxy.

ISOPRINOSINE is a mix of Inosine and Dimepranol Acedoben, it is worth mentioning as it is not just Inosine.

kaybb

Yet another great study on inosine. It shows that a HED of just 8mg/kg administered just twice daily increased the NAD/NADH ratio by a whopping factor of 15 (see attached screenshot). While inosine itself is neither a precursor to NAD (like niacinamide) nor is it an oxidizing agent, I think its ability to dramatically raise oxidative metabolism (Inosine Powerfully Stimulates Mitochondriogenesis, Oxidative Metabolism & Cell Differentiation) can explain this rather beneficial effect, the subsequent reduction of inflammation and improved survival in mice with sepsis. Needless to say, combining inosine with niacinamide will likely have an even bigger effect on NAD/NADH.

Inosine reduces systemic inflammation and improves survival in septic shock induced by cecal ligation and puncture. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Inosine is a naturally occurring purine formed from the breakdown of adenosine. Here we have evaluated the effects of inosine in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP). Mice subjected to CLP were treated with either inosine (100 mg/kg, intraperitoneally) or vehicle 1 h before and 6 h after CLP. After 12 h tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 6 (IL-6), and IL-10 were measured in plasma. Biochemical markers of organ damage, liver NAD+/NADH (indicator of the mitochondrial redox state), plasma nitrate, tissue myeloperoxidase (MPO, indicator of neutrophil accumulation) and malondialdehyde (MDA, indicator of lipid peroxidation), liver and lung chemokines (macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha [MIP-1alpha] and MIP-2), and ex vivo vascular reactivity in aortic rings were also measured. Mice treated with inosine had significantly lower levels of circulating cytokines. Organ damage was significantly reduced by inosine treatment, which was associated at the tissue level with an increased hepatic NAD+/NADH ratio, decreased MPO activity in the lung, reduced MDA formation in the gut and liver, and decreased MIP-1alpha and MIP-2 in the lung and liver. Furthermore, inosine significantly improved endothelium-dependent relaxant responses of aortic rings. These effects were associated with significant improvement of the survival of CLP mice treated with inosine, an effect that was still observed when inosine treatment was delayed 1 h after CLP, especially when it was associated with appropriate antibiotic treatment. Thus, inosine reduced systemic inflammation, organ damage, tissue dysoxia, and vascular dysfunction, resulting in improved survival in septic shock."
View attachment 8258
I want to try Inosine for inflammation. Is this a valid study that connects it to Melanoma??

“Inosine Strongly Enhances Proliferation of Human C32 Melanoma Cells through PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K Pathways

Abstract

Malignant melanoma is the most deadly type of skin cancer. The lack of effective pharmacological approaches for this tumour can be related to the incomplete understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms involved in melanoma cell proliferation. Adenosine has growth-promoting and growth inhibitory effects on tumour cells. We aimed to investigate effects of adenosine and its metabolic product, inosine, on human C32 melanoma cells and the signalling pathways involved. The 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide (MTT) reduction and bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) proliferation assays were used to evaluate adenosine, adenosine deaminase and inosine effects, in the absence or presence of adenosine receptor (AR), A3AR and P2Y1R antagonists and PLC, PKC, MEK1/2 and PI3K inhibitors. ERK1/2 levels were determined using an ELISA kit. Adenosine and inosine levels were quantified using an enzyme-coupled assay. Adenosine caused cell proliferation through AR activation. Adenosine deaminase increased inosine levels (nanomolar concentrations) on the extracellular space, in a time-dependent manner, inducing proliferation through A3AR activation. Micromolar concentrations of inosine enhanced proliferation through A3AR activation, causing an increase in ERK1/2 levels, and P2Y1R activation via ENT-dependent mechanisms. We propose the simultaneous activation of PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K pathways as the main mechanism responsible for the proliferative effect elicited by inosine and its significant role in melanoma cancer progression.”

kaybb

Are there any downsides to inosine?
This was a post on another thread. I’ve asked @haidut about it .

“Inosine Strongly Enhances Proliferation of Human C32 Melanoma Cells through PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K Pathways

Abstract

Malignant melanoma is the most deadly type of skin cancer. The lack of effective pharmacological approaches for this tumour can be related to the incomplete understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms involved in melanoma cell proliferation. Adenosine has growth-promoting and growth inhibitory effects on tumour cells. We aimed to investigate effects of adenosine and its metabolic product, inosine, on human C32 melanoma cells and the signalling pathways involved. The 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide (MTT) reduction and bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) proliferation assays were used to evaluate adenosine, adenosine deaminase and inosine effects, in the absence or presence of adenosine receptor (AR), A3AR and P2Y1R antagonists and PLC, PKC, MEK1/2 and PI3K inhibitors. ERK1/2 levels were determined using an ELISA kit. Adenosine and inosine levels were quantified using an enzyme-coupled assay. Adenosine caused cell proliferation through AR activation. Adenosine deaminase increased inosine levels (nanomolar concentrations) on the extracellular space, in a time-dependent manner, inducing proliferation through A3AR activation. Micromolar concentrations of inosine enhanced proliferation through A3AR activation, causing an increase in ERK1/2 levels, and P2Y1R activation via ENT-dependent mechanisms. We propose the simultaneous activation of PLC-PKC-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 and PI3K pathways as the main mechanism responsible for the proliferative effect elicited by inosine and its significant role in melanoma cancer progression.”

FitnessMike

What's your experience with inosine?

Dave Clark

What's your experience with inosine?
I basically get a calm energy from it. I cycle it, and don't use it everyday. I haven't tried using it at bedtime, but was curious if it would help with sleep regarding low adrenaline. I don't use large doses, about 500 mg to a gram at the most. I mostly use it because of its place in energy, and then lowering adrenaline, as well. not for fitness and working out.

Kray

I've tried a few different brands of Inosine. Some are complete crap whilst others reduce Adrenaline very noticably. The best I found was a liposome based Inosine. Made by cardiovascular research ltd. There's only a small number of places that still sell it
Do you think the added inosine is worth the price of this monolaurin? My holistic doc recommended it during treatment for candida.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals