(from Magnesium Bisglycinate) (TRAACS™) 6.5 mg 2%
GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) 200 mg †
Glycine 200 mg †
Taurine 200 mg †
Inositol 100 mg †
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) (Root)

Definitely a GABA friendly blend.... I like that they didn’t add any 5HTP

johnwester130

Magnolia Bark (the real thing) is very pro GABA, as is Gotu Kola. Coffee seems to have indirect effects on neurotransmitters via its Adenosine blockade.

what would the ultiamte gaba supplement be?

b3
b6

magnesium glycine
taurine

gotu kola
magnolia bark?

what else can we add?

Frankdee20

P5P
Glycine
Taurine
Theanine
GABA
Magnolia Bark
Passion Flower
Kava
Lemon Balm

SonOfEurope

You're telling me man...

I went through hell when I started cutting down benzos just before starting progesterone, then it was an easy peacy 25 months to come off.

I only use half the P4 now (14mg) seems to have fixed some circuit up there that I am in great control of my thoughts and intrusive ones seem to be gone.

Sam321

This is exactly how my brain dysfunctions. GABA, and glutamate issues. For me the only thing that completely stops this PTSD style of thinking is tianeptine.
There is also a non-scientific approach that has helped me considerably, especially with sleep.
Meditation about 45 minutes a day. Plus when ever you have an intrusive though, acknowledge the thought and then call it what it is "thats a thought" or "thats an emotion" and refocus on your felt senses (sight, sound, touch, smell). Doing this long enough will rewire your brain and your bodies chemistry will follow.

The mind is incredibly powerful.

WillB

When the antipsychotics didn't work, the psychiatrist said that my supposed auditory hallucinations could be intrusive thoughts, she wanted to put me on a higher dosage of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, I rejected it because I was getting tired of meds that didn't work. I just listened, everything I said to her she ignored.

At that point whenever I ate a meal I had a burst of several different voices talking, I'm not religious but if I was I would easily think I was possessed. What helped me at first was a high dose of dimenhydrate, but I was very sedated, when I discovered clonidine I stopped with dimenhydrate because it was more tolerable and without so many side effects, then I accidentally discovered orphenadrine, but I no longer have access to orphenadrine

I'm only on clonidine, some days I feel more normal than when I considered myself healthy, but I'm still intolerant to many foods, I just have less severe effects after eating.