Mold Toxicity? I just found a lot of mold!! Help, what do I do?

dervmai

progress
I basically found a crap ton of black mold growing all over my windows and window sill. All the edges are covered in black mold, its all over the base of the window edges and it is right next to where I sleep, like it is literally like 12 inches away from my face. I always have the curtains up and I rarely ever open them. My depression has made it so that I rarely take care of myself and my living area. I didn't discover this until I started having a congested sinus and I couldn't figure out why, I read somewhere about mold toxicity and so I started checking my room. You should have seen my face when I found the mold.

How do I get rid of this? I'm so mad at the mold 😂 and myself. I just feel like completely nuking my window with the strongest mold remover I can find. Skipping the vinegar and going straight to the hard stuff, I'm serious.... I am going to kick myself if this is causing a lot of my issues.

How can I see if I have inflammation markers for the mold? I want to see if I was reacting to the mold.

golder

I basically found a crap ton of black mold growing all over my windows and window sill. All the edges are covered in black mold, its all over the base of the window edges and it is right next to where I sleep, like it is literally like 12 inches away from my face. I always have the curtains up and I rarely ever open them. My depression has made it so that I rarely take care of myself and my living area. I didn't discover this until I started having a congested sinus and I couldn't figure out why, I read somewhere about mold toxicity and so I started checking my room. You should have seen my face when I found the mold.

How do I get rid of this? I'm so mad at the mold 😂 and myself. I just feel like completely nuking my window with the strongest mold remover I can find. Skipping the vinegar and going straight to the hard stuff, I'm serious.... I am going to kick myself if this is causing a lot of my issues.

How can I see if I have inflammation markers for the mold? I want to see if I was reacting to the mold.
Would CRP tend to be raised on a blood test for those who are subjected to mold?

GTW

Borax is an excellent fungicide and wood preservative.
Wash with strong borax solution. What soaks into the wood is preventative. In areas that become wet from condensation and leakage such as bottom of walls and window sash, after cleaning sprinkle borax powder.

Happy Camper

We are recovering from Idalia flooding. We use an ozonator,also travels thru the vents. We follow that with a fogger and concronium. Don't touch it, it gets mean.

Concronium also has a stain remover product if needed.

Do a pre and post mold test, to make sure you got it all.

You may need to do this procedure several times. Good luck.

animalcule

Depression? Congestion? Sleeping right next to black mold?

Yea. It’s causing your problems.

EC3 makes some citrus oil anti mold sprays. Also laundry additive, which you should use on your clothing/curtains if you wish to save them.

Honestly, if you can afford it, have the windows frame ripped out and replaced. Throw away the curtains. Fog your room. Sanitize everything. Walls. Floors.

You also need to find the SOURCE of the moisture. Maybe your window flashing has been compromised and is letting in water. You can clean that wood all you want — the moisture/mold is deep in it, and if it got ruined once, it will get ruined again, bc there is a leak somewhere letting in water. Again: if you have the money, rip them out and replace.

You can get an Immunolytics test swab to sample the mold and find out what species it is.

I would also check elsewhere in your house bc spores could have traveled elsewhere.

GTW

I had mold from leaking roof. Borax was the quick and easy elimination of symptoms for me. If water soaked in, borax dissolved in water will follow to kill mold and prevent spores.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals