Mitochondrial Inefficiency Of Fat Burning Causes Obesity

Sorry but I can't take someone who says this serious:

I would tell him that the following statement: “Science has proven that we don’t need carbohydrates at all" is always stated as if it was some kind of revelation and of course justification for a very low carb diet. If you don’t need to eat carbs, that must prove that they are useless, and therefore we shouldn’t eat them, right?

Of course the statement is nothing more than a shortsighted misrepresentation of physiology. The statement that you don’t need to eat carbohydrates is based on the well-known principle of gluconeogenesis, the method by which your body can make glucose from non-carbohydrate sources, primarily amino acids. There’s a reason for this. Glucose is so critical to your health that the body has a simple mechanism for ensuring its concentration in blood for the times when you unfortunately can’t get carbohydrates into your diet. It’s a safeguard against a natural or self-imposed tragedy. It prevents you from slipping into a coma and dying due to lack of sufficient blood sugar. This is not an argument for a low-carb diet or for the uselessness of carbohydrates. It is in fact proof positive of how critical carbohydrates are to your life and health.

If carbohydrates were useless as some low-carb enthusiasts want to believe, we would be able to convert fatty acids into glucose instead of using precious amino acids. It’s time to put away this childish argument."

"If you don't get enough sugar or starch, then you'll use protein for energy"-Ray Peat

Last edited:

Milena

minute 22.39
I was interested in how he explains that fat burning in cells in inhibited unless they are starved of glucose (no mention of the different responses of WAT as opposed to BAT).
Is this correct?

I thought someone mention on this board that cells can use their own 'fat' stores for energy.

Last edited:

schultz

I would tell him that the following statement: “Science has proven that we don’t need carbohydrates at all" is always stated as if it was some kind of revelation and of course justification for a very low carb diet.

Haha so true.

OP
J

James IV

I don't agree with his implications that fat is good, and carbs are bad. But honestly, his character is irrelevant to me. "Credible" people can have bad information, and vise versa.
I'm more curious as to addressing what he says about fat burning in reguards to mitochondrial inefficiency. Thats really the part I'm interested in. It would explain why it's more difficult for people to lose weight in carb heavy mixed diets without conscious caloric restriction.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals