Lights And Apartment Fire Hazard

biggirlkisss

So I got kicked out of my mom house and moving into a apartment soon. The problem is using chicken lamps or goosehead lamps are considered a fire hazard. I'm not sure what to do for lighting. I found a led light that is 300 dollars it's 300 watts so it gets hot too. Any suggestions or ideas would be appropriated. The concern is the power bill to the land lord too.

tara

Hot lamps are a fire hazard if they are not set up safely - I think this is a reasonable concern. Is it that your landlord has said they are a fire hazard and you can't use them? If so, can you negotiate about getting them installed in a way that will demonstrate their safety to her/him?

There's no getting around that electricity costs. But you may get significant benefit from strong lights even if you only use them intensely for 10 minutes a few times a day.

Mittir

LED bulb has about 5 to 10 times more lumen per watt than Incandescent bulbs.
If you want to replace 400 watts incandescent then using 40-80 watt of LED
bulb is sufficient. I am guessing you are using chicken bulbs as regular lighting
of the room. Just make sure LED bulb has color temperature less than 2700 K,
which is the color temp of incandescent. You can also buy red LED bulb for
red light therapy, which are used for shorter period of time at close proximity.
You can check red light diode panel for that purpose.

beta pandemic

my only advice is do a thorough check for mould in your new place before moving in. if you find any stay away i learnt the hard way.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I was curious if you owned a condo not a house and you had red led lights going. Could something happen to your own condo because if not set up properly it could cause a fire hazard and be a danger to others.

tara

I was curious if you owned a condo not a house and you had red led lights going. Could something happen to your own condo because if not set up properly it could cause a fire hazard and be a danger to others.
If you set up a fire hazard in any place people live you endanger lives. I expect multi-storey dwelling might be more hazardous because they contain more people and are harder to get out of, but I guess that depends on construction materials and structure etc.

LED lights are typically fairly low wattage, so I would not expect a particular fire hazard compared with other lighting.

If you use incandescents or halogens with a power output strong enough to be much use for supplemental red light for health purposes, they typically produce a lot of heat, so they need to be installed in a safe way to prevent the heat from building up and melting or igniting fixtures, cabling, and surroundings.

I suggest keeping all your questions related to a single topic in one thread, so it's easier to see what's already been said.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals