Ladies, has using progesterone changed your cycle in any way?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Did you experience any changes in cycle length, flow, mood changes prior to onset, pain, anything like that? Were the changes temporary? Did you reduce/stop/increase the dose or anythign like that and did it help? Thanks!

Jennifer

Did you experience any changes in cycle length, flow, mood changes prior to onset, pain, anything like that? Were the changes temporary? Did you reduce/stop/increase the dose or anythign like that and did it help? Thanks!

Progesterone (Progest-E) shortens my cycle as much as 15 days, causes hyper sexual arousal, but increases the intensity/satisfaction of orgasms and reduces overall body pain. I’ve had better luck regulating my cycle with thyroid. I suspect inconsistent dosing due to the applicator (bottle) was causing early ovulation and the hyper arousal. From an email exchange a member had with Ray:

“Q: I recently started taking progest-E and it’s helped my cyclical moods. I have been taking it for days 14 and 21 of my cycle. I hate to stop taking it because I have PMS, moodiness , would there be harm in taking it for a while continuously even if I miss a period or two?

RP: ;I have known women who took it every day and kept cycling without any problems, but what they should be aware of is if you take a little extra just before the expected time of ovulation, it will trigger early ovulation, then if you stop taking it or take less, it will bring on an early menstruation. So if you take it every day then you need to take the same amount.”

Mad

Years ago when I first tried progest e I had irregular menstrual cycles. I think I did the instructions of starting high dose and then tapering down. It helped me to achieve very regular cycles which was great and I was able to track my ovulation after that and decide when we did or did not want to get pregnant.
If you do want to get pregnant and are already on progesterone I would definitely continue your maintenance dose every day during pregnancy. I am currently on my third healthy pregnancy with progest e. My very first pregnancy though I discontinued the progesterone as soon as I found out I was pregnant (I just thought I was supposed to stop taking it for some reason). I ended up miscarrying early with that pregnancy. My thyroid was also terrible at the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals