Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

ravster02

haidut said:
I'll have to check. I think the restrictions are based on dose, so getting it into a higher dose in a topical product may be considered a drug.

A few suggestions Haidut:

1) Magnesium product

This is an underrated and under-talked about supplement here but it's one of the most important minerals that Ray Peat recommends. There's nothing amazing or great on the market right now (there's dubious suppliers of real, effective magnesium) and it's extra important to take enough magnesium if you're on thyroid. There's a quote where Peat recommends up to a 1g a day.

2) Caffeine shampoo

There's studies showing caffeine actually works for hair loss yet there's nothing on the market that's pure and free of nasty chemicals and additives.

3) Zinc oxide sunscreen

These three make a lot of sense to me to be added to your range. Pretty much all your supps are something you would find down a vitamin aisle at the supermarket and and the latter two especially would make for great products in the beauty category.

Kray

These magnesium pills are expensive and not much effective in oral application.. Here in CZ I can buy very cheap magnesium chloride in pharmacy quality. I mix like 30g(1g=120 mg of magnesium) with water in 0,5l spray bottle and I spray whole body 2 times or at least once a day.. There are also some studies. Specifically with transdermal magnesium chloride. It is very effective and cheap.

Thanks for replying. You're right on the cost issue. I came across some mag oil that has been sitting in my cabinet and will try your approach. Do you know if any of the studies show that topical can work the same way for bowel regularity or constipation as compared to oral intake? I will be curious to see for myself.

Anyone following this thread, please chime in if you have any information on this question.

Thanks-

YuraCZ

Thanks for replying. You're right on the cost issue. I came across some mag oil that has been sitting in my cabinet and will try your approach. Do you know if any of the studies show that topical can work the same way for bowel regularity or constipation as compared to oral intake? I will be curious to see for myself.

Anyone following this thread, please chime in if you have any information on this question.

Thanks-
Absorption through the skin doesn't have laxative effect in any dose. It's a same like swimming in the ocean. Only ocean has full mineral spectrum and not just magnesium.. If you have problems with constipation. I don't think it's due to magnesium deficiency. Most likely it can be hypothyroidism or low bile production/flow..

scarlettsmum

These magnesium pills are expensive and not much effective in oral application.. Here in CZ I can buy very cheap magnesium chloride in pharmacy quality. I mix like 30g(1g=120 mg of magnesium) with water in 0,5l spray bottle and I spray whole body 2 times or at least once a day.. There are also some studies. Specifically with transdermal magnesium chloride. It is very effective and cheap.

Yura, where do you buy it in CZ? Thanks.

YuraCZ

Thanks so much Yura. Can you dissolve it into something and take it orally? How do you control the dosage? Also if you know of any other peaty things that can be obtained in CZ, I'd be much grateful to you!
Like I said 1g of mag chloride is around 120 mg of magnesium. You can drink it dissolved in water, juice. But like I said. The most effective way is transdermal use. ]

haidut

Forum Supporter
A few suggestions Haidut:

1) Magnesium product

This is an underrated and under-talked about supplement here but it's one of the most important minerals that Ray Peat recommends. There's nothing amazing or great on the market right now (there's dubious suppliers of real, effective magnesium) and it's extra important to take enough magnesium if you're on thyroid. There's a quote where Peat recommends up to a 1g a day.

2) Caffeine shampoo

There's studies showing caffeine actually works for hair loss yet there's nothing on the market that's pure and free of nasty chemicals and additives.

3) Zinc oxide sunscreen

These three make a lot of sense to me to be added to your range. Pretty much all your supps are something you would find down a vitamin aisle at the supermarket and and the latter two especially would make for great products in the beauty category.

Thanks. I am working on making a magnesium supplement already. As far as the caffeine for scalp - SolBan is pretty good at that and it mimics the dose of the recent study I posted on the forum about caffeine for hair loss. But I will look into that too.

tyler

I think a supplement that would directly target insulin resistance would be beneficial for many people here- especially newcomers to the Ray Peat lifestyle. I feel like most people don't understand how crucial it is to have proper insulin sensitivity to be successful with this diet. Anyone coming from a past of dieting, low-carb, over-exercising is guaranteed to be in at least a slight insulin resistant state.

I know a lot of the Idealabs supps already assist the body's ability to use sugar, like Energin. But perhaps a supplement with a combo of aspirin, niacinimide, caffeine, thiamine? This would allow people to reap the RP benefits a lot more quickly.

Nighteyes

I think a supplement that would directly target insulin resistance would be beneficial for many people here- especially newcomers to the Ray Peat lifestyle. I feel like most people don't understand how crucial it is to have proper insulin sensitivity to be successful with this diet. Anyone coming from a past of dieting, low-carb, over-exercising is guaranteed to be in at least a slight insulin resistant state.

I know a lot of the Idealabs supps already assist the body's ability to use sugar, like Energin. But perhaps a supplement with a combo of aspirin, niacinimide, caffeine, thiamine? This would allow people to reap the RP benefits a lot more quickly.

Yeah I use Solban for the metabolic advantage and thiamine on the side. Would love an allithiamine product. That would provide what you request.

Kray

I feel great on magnesium. I prefer topical because I can get much more. Orally doesn't make much of a difference. I would definitely buy a topical magnesium supplement if you could make it practical. Too much magnesium chloride irritates and burns my skin, though, so I wouldn't want anything that makes it much worse. I think it's the chloride, not the magnesium, that does this, so I'm sure there's a workaround.
Thanks. I am working on making a magnesium supplement already. As far as the caffeine for scalp - SolBan is pretty good at that and it mimics the dose of the recent study I posted on the forum about caffeine for hair loss. But I will look into that too.

Good news! Can you say what delivery method your Mg product will be-- oral vs. topical?

Brian

The DMSO can help not only carry the magnesium through the skin but also to the cells. When you ingest magnesium, even if you absorb the 25% that is typical for oral dosing, unless you have efficient ATP production the magnesium will not be delivered to the cells and will be excreted pretty quickly. Magnesium binds to ATP and needs it to get delivered to the cell. With DMSO, the need for ATP as a carrier is greatly reduced so you get more magnesium absorbed AND more magnesium delivered to the cell. Win/win if you ask me:) And the more magnesium inside the cell, the more ATP you produce so it is a positive feedback cycle.

What kind of formulation do you have in mind? When I have tried to dissolve magnesium chloride in DMSO it seems to only be soluble in fairly small amounts at room temperature. Apparently ethanol is a very good solvent for magnesium chloride and can replace its bonds that it usually has with water.

I wonder if first dissolving a large amount of magnesium chloride in ethanol then mixing that combination with DMSO would allow for an overall higher concentration of magnesium? Or are you thinking of using another form of magnesium altogether?

tara

2) Caffeine shampoo
Does caffeine react with the acid in vinegar?
Any reason not to add a suitable amount of caffeine to vinegar solution and use that as conditioner - would you expect the caffeine to be intact?
Or alternatively, just dissolve a suitable amount of caffeine in water and rub in after the last rinse - then some of it might stay on the scalp to be absorbed over longer time? Suitable amount would presumably vary depending on hair volume and caffeine tolerance.

Makrosky

If business truly grows to that point it will also mean Ray's ideas and approach have become mainstream and at that point what I do will be provided by your local whitecoat with an MD degree. Then, I can focus on rocking the physics "industry", which I think it prime for disruption and is the original source of all evil in the world as it drives the development of all other sciences.
I also try to rock a small niche in mainstream science by showing my scientist co-workers continuos evidence of things that go totally against mainstream dogma, but it's futile. I almost gave up since they don't seem to react to anything new that doesn't come from their own research peers. They are surprised for a few minutes, and then get back to their mainstream stuff. And I only show them papers from well-established journals like Nature, NEJM,etc.! The last one was the one you posted about the biologist creating mutated animals without altering any genomics. Lost battle, I'm afraid.

Now that I think of... Maybe I should include an LSD blotter with the links/papers I show to them ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Good news! Can you say what delivery method your Mg product will be-- oral vs. topical?

It will probably use DMSO as carrier, so topical would be the preferred method.

haidut

Forum Supporter
What kind of formulation do you have in mind? When I have tried to dissolve magnesium chloride in DMSO it seems to only be soluble in fairly small amounts at room temperature. Apparently ethanol is a very good solvent for magnesium chloride and can replace its bonds that it usually has with water.

I wonder if first dissolving a large amount of magnesium chloride in ethanol then mixing that combination with DMSO would allow for an overall higher concentration of magnesium? Or are you thinking of using another form of magnesium altogether?

Magnesium chloride, and most other magnesium salts, are not very soluble in DMSO. There are some that are and there are some additional
I also try to rock a small niche in mainstream science by showing my scientist co-workers continuos evidence of things that go totally against mainstream dogma, but it's futile. I almost gave up since they don't seem to react to anything new that doesn't come from their own research peers. They are surprised for a few minutes, and then get back to their mainstream stuff. And I only show them papers from well-established journals like Nature, NEJM,etc.! The last one was the one you posted about the biologist creating mutated animals without altering any genomics. Lost battle, I'm afraid.

Now that I think of... Maybe I should include an LSD blotter with the links/papers I show to them ?

The only way to get new information through those thick, institutionalized heads is by phrasing it in a way that scares them. They will still reject it as far as their daily work goes, but will remember it.

Pointless

Such amazing shipping times, haidut! Especially for hand-made supplements. Thanks *clap clap clap*

haidut

Forum Supporter
would you be willing to let on a bit more in this thread? Color me curious!

There are a number of physics groups that work on alternative theories all of which are incompatible with General Relativity and all seem to be supported by evidence. Bohmian mechanics in quantum physics, Narlikar theory of gravity, the work of Halton Arp, and of course the electric universe theory (EUT).
De Broglie–Bohm theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hoyle–Narlikar theory of gravity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.haltonarp.com/articles

Believe it or not, the work of Nikola Tesla actually unites all of these ideas and produced some very interesting and repeatable experiments. I need to find out what happened to his "lost" papers from 1940s onward. The rumor is that they are kept not far from where I live and given that their classified status is about to expire I may file a few FOIA petitions and try to get a hold of them. Some of Tesla's distant relatives back in Serbia are working actively on setting up an institute that will try to revive his experiments using more modern technology and I will try to get involved if possible. The papers would be more of a historical relic but hopefully they will help convince some skeptics to not interfere with the project.
The thing that got me going was actually this post on Reddit:
TIL:Nikola Tesla disagreed with the theory of atoms being composed of smaller subatomic particles, stating there was no such thing as an electron creating an electric charge • /r/todayilearned

In a recent interview, Ray seemed to also lean towards much of elementary particle physics and chemistry being based on wrong ideas about electrons and atoms. Tesla was of the same opinion apparently. If Ray and Tesla doubt the veracity of mainstream views, I am game for following up :)

Biochemical Health Reduction And Oxidation, Politics And Science, 2015
"...RP: Yah, the idea of electrons moving around in matter, that's one of my longest-standing interests (i think, I struggled since I was a little kid, probably). But I am still not satisfied that anyone knows, what an electron is, or how it works. But without knowing that, you really don't understand what's going on in oxidation, reduction, pH, free radicals, and so on."

"...RP: Yah. I think, Einstein himself succumbed somewhat to the authoritarian attitudes in the case of saying what an electron is. And 30 years later, I think he regretted having set things in motion in that particular direction when he never accepted the quantum mechanics view of reality as based on randomness. But he was largely responsible for setting that in motion with his theory of the photoelectric effect. And the idea of the electron as a discrete particle interacting with a proton as a discrete particle was the key idea in that photoelectric effect."

"...RP: Since you can't explain many events in terms of particles, it becomes sort of mathematical magic to try to make up theories to explain results like Polanyi 's or Schwarz's. And Albert Szent-Györgyi used conventional quantum thinking about electrons, and went a long way towards explaining some of the biological phenomena that the people hadn't been able to even perceive. But that doesn't mean that it necessarily validates the particulate electron, just because you can explain some important phenomena. I think it should mean that the whole idea of what matter is, how an electron works, whether it might be that there is an electrical ether-like material which breaks up in different ways into apparently discrete electrons. But that rather than being an internally discrete particle (like a proton is supposed to be), the electron might be sort of an ad-hoc division, which the wave interpretation is approaching that idea. And some of the sub-atomic thinkers are saying that maybe this great variety of sub-atomic particles being seen with high energy research, maybe these are just sort of an ad-hoc response of matter to a particular context, or environment, or stimulation."

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom