How to get rid of or convert hydrogen peroxide to water? how to increase glutathione/glutathione peroxidase?

Dr. B

certain supplements like iodine, possibly even pregnenolone and t3, seem to increase hydrogen peroxide in the body which can then cause organ/tissue damage and then cause more stress, cortisol levels to skyrocket. i think this is behind the severe side effects some have gotten from iodine, and possibly pregnenolone.

which supplements or dietary measures can be used to increase glutathione/glutathione peroxidase, and get rid of hydrogen peroxide or turn it to water before it damages things?
so far i've found milk thistle, cruciferous veggies, selenium, vitamin c and e, whey protein (due to providing the amino acids to make it), n acetyl cysteine, alpha lipoic acid, and a few other things @Lokzo

CastorTroy

How Iodine increases hydrogen peroxide? here states otherwise, that it helps to break it down.

"Metabolically stressful situations, like an injurious car accident or serious bacterial infection, raise cells’ metabolic rates and increase their oxygen consumption. This is accompanied by inflammation and an increase in damaging reactive oxygen species like hydrogen peroxide. Iodine helps on both fronts: It decreases cells’ oxygen consumption and also defangs hydrogen peroxide, turning it into harmless molecules of oxygen and water."

Iodine, the secret weapon of hibernating ground squirrels and trauma patients

vetiver

Hi,

I had a really horrible reaction to supplementing superoxide dismutase and it’s similar to the very horrible reaction I had one time when I took iodine. I was exploring whether it was a dysfunction/lack of catalase or glutathione peroxidase in the conversion of hydrogen peroxide, this explanation makes sense to me. Wondering what ended up working for you? There are many things that increase glutathione peroxidase but they also increase SOD (which increases hydrogen peroxide) so I’m feeling a bit stuck.

certain supplements like iodine, possibly even pregnenolone and t3, seem to increase hydrogen peroxide in the body which can then cause organ/tissue damage and then cause more stress, cortisol levels to skyrocket. i think this is behind the severe side effects some have gotten from iodine, and possibly pregnenolone.

which supplements or dietary measures can be used to increase glutathione/glutathione peroxidase, and get rid of hydrogen peroxide or turn it to water before it damages things?
so far i've found milk thistle, cruciferous veggies, selenium, vitamin c and e, whey protein (due to providing the amino acids to make it), n acetyl cysteine, alpha lipoic acid, and a few other things @Lokzo

Last edited:

TeslaFan

Hydrogen peroxide is the result of metabolizing superoxide (by Zn-Mn-Cu-SOD group of enzymes). To further break this down to water you need glutathione peroxidase, like you said. Glutathione peroxidase is a Selenium based enzyme, so you need Selenium, and of course, glutathione (NAC + Glycine). So, you can supplement those 3 things, and Vitamin C can help recycle glutathione.
But, how do you know you have excess hydrogen peroxide?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals