Heal Mitochondria with Aspirin? How much?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Sure.

I take 6.25mg 2x daily of carvedilol which is a beta blocker. It’s for reducing blood pressure. I absolutely feel the adrenaline crush from it when I walk up the stairs in my home. Having added aspirin to my daily regimen I do not notice any larger effect doing the same kind of work.

I can’t exactly quit my prescribed beta blocker to test this in isolation. Aspirin doesn’t appear to magnify the outcome though.
Thank you very much for clarifying!

Alpha

Are you telling me that the medical community is lying to me?

/ sarc

Thiazde diuretics or (A-II)RB are first line treatments. Beta blockers should only be given in cases of comorbidity.

cremes

Thiazde diuretics or (A-II)RB are first line treatments. Beta blockers should only be given in cases of comorbidity.
From what my cardiologist tells me (a fairly young guy in his early 40s so his training is relatively recent) told me that beta blockers reduce all-cause mortality after a heart attack. I confirmed that to be true via my own internet searches, so I believe it. I did ask about ACE and ARB treatments and he suggested moving to those only if the beta blocker was insufficient to treat my high blood pressure.

I haven't fought against taking the beta blocker because in Peat-world lower adrenaline (and therefore lower cortisol) is a goal.

Alpha

From what my cardiologist tells me (a fairly young guy in his early 40s so his training is relatively recent) told me that beta blockers reduce all-cause mortality after a heart attack. I confirmed that to be true via my own internet searches, so I believe it. I did ask about ACE and ARB treatments and he suggested moving to those only if the beta blocker was insufficient to treat my high blood pressure.

I haven't fought against taking the beta blocker because in Peat-world lower adrenaline (and therefore lower cortisol) is a goal.

If you have history of CVD or MI then yes, you should be taking low dose BB regardless, if that's not sufficient to bring down your blood pressure, then diuretics should be added on top of that. No need to stack BB with ACEI or ARB.

cremes

If you have history of CVD or MI then yes, you should be taking low dose BB regardless, if that's not sufficient to bring down your blood pressure, then diuretics should be added on top of that. No need to stack BB with ACEI or ARB.
I had a mild heart attack 18 months ago and he installed 3 stents in my chest, so yes I now "have history of CVD or MI". :)

And yes, the discussion was in the context of beta blocker _or_ ACE/ARB. My Peaty ways have gotten my BP under control along with the beta blocker so the discussion is likely moot at this point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals