Gastric cancer risk associated with omeprazole (PPI). Aspirin for the rescue.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Each year of omeprazole use increased GC risk by 9%, and each year of aspirin use decreased GC risk by 10% among omeprazole chronic users. The lowest rate of GC was found in omeprazole nonusers/ aspirin chronic users, and the highest, in omeprazole chronic users/aspirin nonusers.
But Aspirin is soooo bad for the stomach / intestine blablabla. I have no access to the full-text but I would bet it was not funded by the National Cancer Institute.:laughing:

But Aspirin is soooo bad for the stomach / intestine blablabla. I have no access to the full-text but I would bet it was not funded by the National Cancer Institute.:laughing:
Ray Peat says the stomach will acclimate to aspirin, but I don’t see why taking it when the stomach has food in it would not buffer against any problem in the stomach lining. I think the blood thinning effect of aspirin is more to pay attention to, especially for “O” blood-types.

OP
Orome

Orome

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat says the stomach will acclimate to aspirin, but I don’t see why taking it when the stomach has food in it would not buffer against any problem in the stomach lining. I think the blood thinning effect of aspirin is more to pay attention to, especially for “O” blood-types.
Yes, agreed. I was never able to link any stomach issues to the use of Aspirin. And I take it regularly for more than a decade. The bleeding risks are also well over-exaggerated in my opinion. The only noteworthy bleeding episodes were in my mouth (tongue and teeth). But nothing serious.

There is lots of evidence that PPIs are very dangerous in the long run. And still people take them like sugar pills. My sister is working as a clerk in a hospital in the gastro department. Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, is leaving this place without a prescription for Omeprazole. Independent of the symptoms with which the patients came in in the first place. My father takes them as a "precautionary measure" because of all the other medications (statins, beta blockers etc.). Sad, but now I have another study to forward to him.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals