Study: Aspirin Slashes Risk Of Gastrointestinal Cancer

Soren

Forum Supporter
Aspirin just cannot stop winning.

"A large-scale study finds that the long-term use of aspirin cuts the chances of developing digestive cancers almost in half. Gastrointestinal cancers include colorectal cancer, stomach (or gastric) cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, esophageal cancer, and small intestine cancers, among others."

"Long-term use of aspirin showed 24 percent to 47 percent significant reduction on major cancers in the [gastrointestinal] tract," write the authors.

"More specifically, aspirin users were 47 percent less likely to have liver and esophageal cancer, 38 percent less likely to have stomach cancer, and 34 percent less likely to have pancreatic cancer."

"The study spanned 10 years and included more than 600,000 participants. The findings were presented at the 25th United European Gastroenterology Week, held in Barcelona, Spain."

"Prof. Tsoi and his colleagues examined 618,884 participants, 206,295 of whom were aspirin users. Patients taking aspirin were aged 67.5 years, on average, and those who weren't were aged 67.6 years, on average."

Link to article below, trying to find a link to the study.

Aspirin slashes risk of gastrointestinal cancer

Frankdee20

Aspirin just cannot stop winning.

"A large-scale study finds that the long-term use of aspirin cuts the chances of developing digestive cancers almost in half. Gastrointestinal cancers include colorectal cancer, stomach (or gastric) cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, esophageal cancer, and small intestine cancers, among others."

"Long-term use of aspirin showed 24 percent to 47 percent significant reduction on major cancers in the [gastrointestinal] tract," write the authors.

"More specifically, aspirin users were 47 percent less likely to have liver and esophageal cancer, 38 percent less likely to have stomach cancer, and 34 percent less likely to have pancreatic cancer."

"The study spanned 10 years and included more than 600,000 participants. The findings were presented at the 25th United European Gastroenterology Week, held in Barcelona, Spain."

"Prof. Tsoi and his colleagues examined 618,884 participants, 206,295 of whom were aspirin users. Patients taking aspirin were aged 67.5 years, on average, and those who weren't were aged 67.6 years, on average."

Link to article below, trying to find a link to the study.

Aspirin slashes risk of gastrointestinal cancer

I always thought, and recall reading on here, anything that irritates the intestine can cause cancer. Aspirin certainly isn’t benign on ones gut.

kayumochi

I always thought, and recall reading on here, anything that irritates the intestine can cause cancer. Aspirin certainly isn’t benign on ones gut.

Aspirin doesn't bother my intestine in the least and I can't be the only one .

Frankdee20

Aspirin doesn't bother my intestine in the least and I can't be the only one .

Oh most definitely, many take it without discomfort. It doesn’t mess with me, but if I drink that day, hurts a bit.

I guess I was referring to those who report gastrointestinal issues from it.

Although, I do believe the benefits of Aspirin on inflammation, and lowered cancer risk.

I think Ray mentioned avoiding gut irritants, then I forget where I saw the cancer link.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that there was a type of bacteria of fungus in some people that reacts with aspirin that causes the irritation on the gut. Don't quote me on that as I cannot recall the exact source. Maybe someone else knows what i'm talking about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals