Aspirin Now Officially Recommended For Cancer Prevention

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't believe cancer death rates are falling. I think that death rates are being reassigned to other causes of death. For instance cahexia from chemo and radiation is attributed to heart failure rather than cancer. I would bet money cancer death rates are going UP.

You are correct, they are not falling but rising.
Cancer surpasses heart disease as the leading cause of death in California and 21 other states

Whoever said cancer death are falling is probably a pharma merc.

Mauritio

Would be 2-3 times a week dose of 250mg aspirin sound good for general cacner prevention ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would be 2-3 times a week dose of 250mg aspirin sound good for general cacner prevention ?

There are studies showing taking it even 3-4 times a month also has cancer-protective effects. So, 250mg x 3 weekly is probably enough. Peat said he sometimes takes 2 tablets (650mg) and other times just a little, averaging about twice a week in a total dose probably in the range of 700-800mg weekly.

Mauritio

There are studies showing taking it even 3-4 times a month also has cancer-protective effects. So, 250mg x 3 weekly is probably enough. Peat said he sometimes takes 2 tablets (650mg) and other times just a little, averaging about twice a week in a total dose probably in the range of 700-800mg weekly.
Thanks!

Kyle Bigman

I was shocked to see this recommendation come from the director of the NCI. While he only mentioned liver and colon cancer, I think this is a huge change attitude in regards to aspirin, and one that should be all over the news. However, given that medicine still does not have a plausible explanation of aspirin's effects using for instance an aspirin "receptor", it is quite embarrassing for the profession to turn towards a drug that just like bromocriptine for type II diabetes, works in "mysterious ways". Nonetheless, I think the house of cards may be finally collapsing as Ray said. So, I would not be surprised if the price of aspirin skyrockets over the next few years given the NOW official guidelines recommend aspirin explicitly for cancer prevention.

Death rates for most cancers in decline
"...Death rates for most types of cancer have declined for a decade or more, but rates of liver and pancreatic cancers remain on the rise, Dr. Douglas Lowy, acting director of the National Cancer Institutes, said Friday in Albuquerque."

"...“My hope and optimistic expectation is that in a few years, the price of (hepatitis C) drugs will have gone down,” Lowy said in an interview. Over time, the drugs will cut the rate of new infections of hepatitis C, and should lower rates of liver cancer, he said. Other solutions could be as simple as taking a low-dose aspirin each day, Lowy said. Taking a low-dose aspirin for five years or longer has been shown to reduce the incidence of colorectal and other cancers. New guidelines are likely to emerge later this year recommending people take daily low-dose aspirin to reduce risk of colorectal and other cancers, he said.

Top doctors say older people should take a daily dose of aspirin to prevent heart attacks
"...The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends that people who are aged 50 to 69 and have increased risk of heart disease, and who are not at increased risk for bleeding, should consider taking aspirin daily. They also recommends daily aspirin use for the primary prevention of cardiovascualr disease (CVD) and colorectal cancer in adults aged 50 to 59 who have a 10 per cent or greater 10-year CVD risk, are not at increased risk for bleeding, and who have a life expectancy of at least 10 years."

What is "low-dose"? I always see this term thrown around. I am guessing it is anything below 81-100mg, i.e. a baby aspirin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is "low-dose"? I always see this term thrown around. I am guessing it is anything below 81-100mg, i.e. a baby aspirin.

It varies, since the dosage is different depending on world region. In Europe it is 100mg or below and in US it is 81mg or below. So, I guess anything below 100mg more or less qualifies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals