Free Fatty Acids

teds

Forum Supporter
hello all,

Could someone please confirm that “free fatty acids” are measured in blood tests and seen as triglycerides and cholesterol (HDL, LDL)..
I keep wondering how I might be able to tell if my free fattt acids are inhibiting glucose metabolism..
would this be the measurement to look at?

Thanks!

They are not. They are free not esterified. The test is often called non esterified fatty acids.

Not sure I’d bother. Keep them low with low fat diet, deplete pufas over time, drink juice and don’t fast.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
They are not. They are free not esterified. The test is often called non esterified fatty acids.

Not sure I’d bother. Keep them low with low fat diet, deplete pufas over time, drink juice and don’t fast.
Mmmm.. okay thanks.. it makes it hard to figure out if the carb intake is too high... I’ve been thinking that if my glucose metabolism is buggered then I’m surely just doing myself damage by eating such a high carb load.. I keep my fat intake low-ish (ranging between 45-65g per day on a 2000cal diet)... so, I want to understand correctly.. if I’ve got free fatty acids running around (which I have no way of testing) and I’m also eating high carb.. I’ll have glucose not going into the cells and not being used and therefore my arse will continue to spread ... is that a fair summation? How does one stop the insulin fat rolling on??

High carb and low fat helps restore normal sugar burning metabolism. It lowers free fatty acids.

TeaRex14

so, I want to understand correctly.. if I’ve got free fatty acids running around (which I have no way of testing) and I’m also eating high carb.. I’ll have glucose not going into the cells and not being used and therefore my arse will continue to spread
Essentially speaking yes. What you're referring to is the randle effect, or better known as the randle cycle. It's when fatty acids compete with glucose to get into the cells. It likely means you're simply consuming too many calories, particularly from dietary fat. How to inhibit free fatty acids? Lower dietary fat/increase dietary carb is the best first step to take. You can also supplement niacinamide (not niacin!), 500mgs three times daily evenly spread out. Aspirin at doses between 325mg-975mg will help and is safe provided you get plenty of vitamin k (1-2mgs). Also the type of fats you eat are important too. Saturated fat, particularly coconut oil, activates the crucial enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase which helps with glucose metabolism. So you could eat coconut oil in greater amounts then most other fat sources.

TeaRex14

Also, perhaps the most important thing to take note of is intestinal endotoxins. Endotoxin can keep reinforcing a negative feedback loop that prevents you from turning off fatty acid oxidation and switching to glucose metabolism. Which is why the daily carrot salad with a littler distilled vinegar and coconut oil is highly recommended. Activated charcoal, at about 20-30 grams, once or twice a week is helpful too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals